When Everything Can Go Wrong

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who ever had that feeling that everything is going wrong, you are studying poker, your actions are all correct, but the cards are massacring you,What do you do in these hours that everyone and everything seems to conspire against your game, that you know to be correct?
What is the best way to avoid getting into a deadly bolt and ending up scratching your bankroll?
In many times the best thing to do is to stop practicing poker for a few days and relax, go fishing, have a good beer and smile, but when this can not be done because you think you can change the course of actions and win , is that the best way to take ??
Many say the best weapon is the attack, and what do you guys think of all this?
These are questions that get pounded in the head when we're not 100% in tune with our game, I'm correct in stating this, or I'm actually going crazy:):)

M

mr_poker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've had this many times, I was just not nervous and did not try to recoup and treated as an inevitable element of the game.

vitalii029

vitalii029

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am in such situations is not particularly upset and waiting for the next day so with a fresh head to start playing poker

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I take a break in the game if everything goes very badly.

R

Running Nose II

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Been there, done it, got the t-shirt. You get great hole cards, but nothing turns up in the flop and you cannot compete at the pot odds. I just stop playing for a while to try and rid my mind of negative thoughts, get a d-i-y project and forget about poker.

B

BukuDuckets

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have your A game optimum play environment setup (ie, music you like to listen to, solitude with no distractions, and a healthy well fed body and mind, or completely bolloxed...if that is how you get in your zone), then the answer might be to get away from the game for a bit. You need to get away from the game in this scenario, not because you are tired but because you are going through a burnout.

ONE MAJOR THING I NOTICE ABOUT THE GAME, is that I tend to do better or at least perceive myself doing better when I am in love with the game. Most of us on forums like this love poker. As the saying goes, "you have to love it or leave it alone."

I notice after playing long stretches for days on end, I start to play more loose, and thus lose more pots. I then start to focus on recouping and forget my love of the sport and forget the focus on learning and thinking. My focus becomes getting the money back and how much money I have lost from the downswing.

When I step away from the game, I don't think about what mistakes I made or how I could have improved, I just stop thinking about poker and start thinking about other things. Eventually, I miss poker, even the downswings, so I come back and play and when that happens, I am euphoric again and in this mindset rarely do I ever go bust or have a bad run. This is because I am present in each hand and enjoying the process for what it is, a game of probability.

T

Tsar4i

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
yes, there is it that there is a wish to give up a game into poker when there is no card, but further it seems everything gets better and continue further!

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
all the tips are good, choose on taste (C) Vladimir Mayakovsky. I think most of us can't stop trying to win, if there is a loss. so I don't believe in the reasonableness the end of the game and the safety of their funds from devastation. if I'm wrong, Express your point of view on these circumstances.

B

bcappelli

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The best thing you do in these situations is stop playing for the day. Wish you good luck!

B

Boris from Kazan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, you're not going mad I think I'll go too then))) ...My last break was associated with the activity and I haven't played in about 1.5 - 2 months What was my surprise when I overnight walked two satellites-one 11$ qualifiers 162$ knockout and the other 11$ sit n go 36 1 the prize at$ 320 some late edition, I thought I'd try any one of them to go. What was my surprise when I took both at the same time, as beating the bad bits on both tables. Not to say that I straight aces and other monsters, they were just played to the strength of the cards and the poker which always which can. Here... Well, that and my lack of poker recently passed and I failed quite a bit to reach the prizes in sattelite 0,55$ 7.5$... Now just what that feeling is direct, without a clear purpose better well just at the table not sets) can Not pass on something and all, and hand the priority and the position too, but he is Mr. Lucker, who well shove your two and all))) regards! Good luck!

R

raymondzav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Best thing to do its take time off qnd relax

F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Take a break from the game. Cuz, you can come back fresh, open minded, with a better understanding of poker....

stefan94

stefan94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Take a break , go outside and take some fresh air , listen to some music .. and relax .

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
This only happens to tournament players; cash game players win back more with their skill.

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Take time off and a break. Start over in a few days.

P

pietpikel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who ever had that feeling that everything is going wrong, you are studying poker, your actions are all correct, but the cards are massacring you,What do you do in these hours that everyone and everything seems to conspire against your game, that you know to be correct?
What is the best way to avoid getting into a deadly bolt and ending up scratching your bankroll?
In many times the best thing to do is to stop practicing poker for a few days and relax, go fishing, have a good beer and smile, but when this can not be done because you think you can change the course of actions and win , is that the best way to take ??
Many say the best weapon is the attack, and what do you guys think of all this?
These are questions that get pounded in the head when we're not 100% in tune with our game, I'm correct in stating this, or I'm actually going crazy:):)
I think you have to step away at times and take things with a pinch of salt.

If I see the poverty around the world, and the hardship people have, it seems insane to complain about a bad run of cards. It's so irrelevant and trivial in the big scale of things. But you have to put poker where it belongs.... Somewhere on one of the lower shelves and not on the mantle piece !

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this is the dispersion! dude, the program is set up so that you don't feel god, or the institution became bankrupt