When Should You Take a Break From Poker?

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm pretty much playing poker, but last year main job Boad all the time from poker, a year ago on the day I could iprepare steps doitt for 8 - 9 hours , now a week 20 - 30 hours! But friends know all the answers to the question - what to do when just in all the tournaments is not enough to ITM! Can there come a time when I stop playing poker completely?

:confused::confused::confused:

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you are tired, bored a lot. When you are angry and depressed, that will cause you to lose money. You can probably take a break if you lost a lot, after some thinking and relaxing you can get back all money, not if you instantly try to get it back.

D

djsviga

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I Think the answer for this question has to do with two main things, your mental aspect and your bankroll, you dont want to be playing poker if you cannot afford doing it so and keep borrowing money, bills are late etc etc, and you have to be mentally (and physically) felling pretty good about it to play your A game. GL!

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anytime you feel angry, stressed, pressure, tired or bored, quit the tables and take a rest

Any of those sensations will, more often than not, affect your game for the worst.

Hello friend, this is so, these are the times when you have to take a break. To be quiet and then resume the game. Taking a break is also important to achieve good results.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm pretty much playing poker, but last year main job Boad all the time from poker, a year ago on the day I could iprepare steps doitt for 8 - 9 hours , now a week 20 - 30 hours! But friends know all the answers to the question - what to do when just in all the tournaments is not enough to ITM! Can there come a time when I stop playing poker completely?

NEVER

Study more!! Play more!! Work harder!!

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I sometimes make a break in the game, but not a long time maybe for a week or a little more, it happens when my card does not play in different games for several days and then I take a rest from poker!

L

Lord Foma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

when luck in poker away from me, I just forget about poker for a few days and do my own thing, my hobby and give more time to her family.
A few days later all comes in a new direction.

keontayB

keontayB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yesterday. I was playing a tournament. 19 places paid.
21 players alive. I lost a some chips. Im in the 20th place. I got AA in my hand.
My opponent goes all-in. I call. He has QQ.
Okay, cool, easy win. - I thought. -
What did he get on the river? Can you guess that?
Queen of course.
I was so nervous. I raged out. It was a big joke.
So i stopped and went to the bed.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Sometimes I also do not have time for the game. Of course it frustrates me. But if I do not have time to play poker, I will always find 20-30 minutes to study. I read articles, analyze various situations, try to watch a video.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Every time you feel angry, stressed, pressured, tired or bored, leave the table and relax, agree with this statement.
If during a game I lose because of my 2-3 mistakes, I also try to finish the poker session.

badboydean00

badboydean00

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i can play 3 or 4 hours a day but my girlfriend usually put a stop to that .......löl
she knows how to distract me ..........

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi
I am convinced that it is sometimes useful to make a break in the game. Usually, I take a break if I feel tired of the game, or I have a bad mood. But I am sure of one, I will never stop playing poker.

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
after 2 o 3 hours of playing, i think the long tournements of microlimits are so boring, if i dont take a break i go all in with any cards after 3 hours.

RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you're tilted, tired, unfocused, bored, rushing, playing on autopilot, playing scared, etc. It might be a good idea to take a break.

S

Souza322

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you lost a lot of hands and keep playing to recover from your losses without enjoying the game

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

This is a question that affects me a lot also I do not know the time to stop and not rest I just stop when I lose everything I will read all the tips of this topic to see if it helps me too

sidenotch

sidenotch

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Doesn't matter anyways what, when or how you play online poker, cuz...

Doesn't matter what, when or how often you play the silly game of "online poker". I keep on seeing these threads concerning the "randomness" and such of these sites...the people saying these sites "aren't" rigged up?! Well, I am calling your bluff on that one(good pun huh?>>LOL) If a site is using "pre programming", then there is NO POSSIBLE way for it to be "random"! HELLO??!!>>>How can you think a site isn't "rigged up" basically when the same person gets 90 of the good cards dealt to them at a table, and no matter what they play, or what position, etc, they'll get 90% of the winners?! HMMM, is there another word for a site being "rigged up"?>>>YES, there is...it's called PRE PROGRAMMING...and how could you possibly say, or believe that a site is "random" if they are using "pre programming". I will say this a 1000 times, or more I'm sure before the year is out, but, "a site is only as good as the people who are PRE PROGRAMMING IT"!>>>PERIOD...end of sentence...end of discussion! Think what YOU LIKE, but it doesn't change THE FACTS I have just mentioned!
Yes, "a site is only as good as the people who are pre programming it"--sidenotch--

wontmilion

wontmilion

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use soft calls tilt breaker, there you can set parameters - in which cases you are gonna have your poker tables blocked, program also will not allow you to buy-in into tournaments or cash games. Also can conrol time of your cool down period. I find this soft very helpfull.

drubas

drubas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes when I bust I get angry and then I tend to play more loose. Thats pretty bad for sure and therefore I decided to stop playing immediately when I recognize a negative change in my mood.

D

Dontnonothin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you get really bored with the game and start thinking about profane things, that is when I really need to take a break.

rafa77777

rafa77777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fatigue can come at any time .. everything is annoying, even poker. A break is required if there are tilts

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
At 3 -4 h at night when wake up after break.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
When the first bad beat of session pisses you off and puts you in a negative mindset that affects your game. If there are more of them - you already can't control yourself and fall into loser /unfair mindset. You definitely should not continue and take a good break from poker.

Also when you play for a few hours in MTT and you don't feel excited/ anticipate a good result / is motivated to play your best, but instead you feel already tired and subconsciously want to bust because you either had enough already or you find other things to be more fascinating than poker at the moment.

Yes, in both these cases a player should have checked himself before the session and if he realized that he is not a 100% prepared for a session, then he should not start it. But if he has started and feels like I've stated above, then it's important to take this mental state seriously and don't push it the next day, or whenever you next session was planned. In my opinion, forget about poker until you will feel pumped up just while thinking of it, and then return fresh, confident and ready to deal with whatever will happen in a session.