What's your style of play?

MrPink514

MrPink514

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For SNGs, I usually try to play tight/aggressive

For MTTs, I tend to be a little looser in the early stages while the blinds are still low. My opening range is pretty wide. Once the antes start, and the blinds get bigger, that's usually when I start to tighten up a bit.

For cash games, It all depends on how the other players are playing. If everyone is tight, I'll play loose and steal blinds and often raise/re raise almost regardless of my cards. If everyone is playing loose, I play tight, lots of raises from late position, lots of fold in early position, unless I get a premium hand obviously.

What about you guys?

6bet me

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For SnG's: push/fold chart
For MTT's: push/fold chart
For cash games: TAG vs unknown, LAG vs nits, TAG vs fish/stations

Mr Alvim

Mr Alvim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play tigh and aggressive in SNG and MTT in the initial phase . But it's like you said , if my opponents were stuck playing well I will always steal blinds when the opportunity arises .

skull89

skull89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm usually loose agressive, but always trying to change and confuse my opponents.

S

seghill

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online loose aggressive in freerolls, tight passive Omaha, tight aggressive holdem

live - tight passive - just playing for points at Pub Leagues in NZ mostly - will get aggressive on final table when players freeze up.

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
For SnG's: push/fold chart
For MTT's: push/fold chart
For cash games: TAG vs unknown, LAG vs nits, TAG vs fish/stations

:) I give this 2 thumbs up, I would give it more but I only have 2 thumbs. :)

HenriqueMed1

HenriqueMed1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only play MTTs. I try to play tight in the beginning and, of course, depends on how your opponents are playing at your desk.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always trying to change gears to keep people guessing in whatever SNG, MTT or Cash game I am playing.

MaksAnonim

MaksAnonim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Starace always play tight, but never have the patience

O

Oleg196

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play loose aggressive at the beginning and the middle. Closer to the final (if reached) - tight passive. More than a year ago I was playing tight. The result was much better.

MrPink514

MrPink514

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play loose aggressive at the beginning and the middle. Closer to the final (if reached) - tight passive. More than a year ago I was playing tight. The result was much better.

If the results were better, what made you change?

CAMurray

CAMurray

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to play the S&Gs very tight but now I play then the same as I do MTTs,, I Play very LAG from the start. I usually build a slight stack edge over most b4 I intentionally get caught on an inexpensive total bluff solidifying my table rep as a ATC bluffer. Following the bluff you need to obviously tighten way up. I have found that having this rep, when I actually do have the goods pays off greatly. The cost paid to donate a few chips on the bluff is more than worth it. And surprisingly enough the rep stays with you for a very long time after tightening up following the initial "bluff catch"

:listen:

MAdesG

MAdesG

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always play tight at the beginning of any tournament or SnG , then I play aggressive depending of my stack

Speedbruce

Speedbruce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
any reason to say this...? or becouse you lose??
In the freerolls/lowlimits tables, pokerstars is giving Russians all the odds. Dont matter if you're playing loose or tight you will end up loosing to a Russian with 5-7off , even raising 10bb with kings. They aways flop well. At higher limits it doenst happen so often.

Back to the post subject, tight aggressive will be efficient in most ocasions. Late raises too, except against Russians. :):):)

Y

Ymatov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello!
My tactic is agressive at begining, tight in midle and wisdom at the final!

G

gattutoche85

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my way of play

I tend to play agressive sometimes but usually do it.

G

govno4

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends of the table and the map that you get . In any case, I try to play a diverse and change tactics during the game

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cash games (which I rarely play) - NIT
MTTs - LAGNit
SNGs - TAG

BogdanStark

BogdanStark

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to guess at the table. But if you ask for advice, I shall tell you just a little bit. Better don't bluf on me, I can see it and crash you )) good luck