Whats your fav poker quote?

vixenx78

vixenx78

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We all have our favourite Poker Pro, and they all have their own fair share of wisdom.
Even the poker pros have pros they look up too.
I know there is heaps of Poker Quotes around..
But i wanna know ...
What is the BEST Poker quote you have heard that you live and play by??? And who spoke those words of wisdom,...
I like....
"Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died."
Steven Wright

and

The cardinal sin in poker, worse than playing did cards, worse even than figuring your odds correctly, is becoming emotionally involved.
Katy Lederer

So whats yours? and whos it by?

KidFlopadelic

KidFlopadelic

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Really, if there’s one thing I’ve learned without question about poker, it’s that poker screws with people’s brains and drives them batshit." - Ed Miller

katharine

katharine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"It's hard work. gambling. Playing poker. Don't let anyone tell you different. Think about what it's like sitting at a poker table with people whose only goal is to cut your throat, take your money, and leave you out back talking to yourself about what went wrong inside. That probably sounds harsh. But that's the way it is at the poker table. If you don't believe me, then you're the lamb that's going off to the slaughter."
Stu Unger, three-time wsop Champion

"Nobody is always a winner, and anybody who says he is, is either a liar or doesn't play poker."
Amarillo Slim

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
I dont know if anyone else has said it, but I say it a lot,
"It's not about what cards you hold, it's about what cards your opponent thinks you hold"

katharine

katharine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Liked this one too.

"There are few things that are so unpardonably neglected in our country as poker. The upper class knows very little about it. Now and then you find ambassadors who have sort of a general knowledge of the game, but the ignorance of the people is fearful. Why, I have known clergymen, good men, kind-hearted, liberal, sincere, and all that, who did not know the meaning of a "flush". It is enough to make one ashamed of the species."
Mark Twain

M

mozart5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have it in your power to turn a bad beat around simply by realizing this simple truth: The more bad beats you encounter, the luckier you are. It's a sign that you are playing against opponents who continually take the worst of it, and if you can't beat someone who always takes the worst of it, you can't beat anyone. by Lou Krieger

C

cortney88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like these two the best..."If, after the first twenty minutes, you don't know who the sucker at the table is, it's you." -author unknown

You have it in your power to turn a bad-beat around simply by realizing this simple truth: The more bad beats you encounter, the luckier you are. It's a sign that you are playing against opponents who continually take the worst of it, and if you can't beat someone who always takes the worst of it, you can't beat anyone. ~Lou Krieger

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"pokah is nice. i love play pokah" - chau giang

ZZFLOP

ZZFLOP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Maximize your wins minimize your losses"

Don't know who said it but this sums up poker IMO.

Harthgrepa

Harthgrepa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aces are larger than life and greater than mountains.
-- Mike Caro

You call...gonna be all over, baby."

--Scotty Nguyen

~H

RickH2005

RickH2005

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are 3 ways to play pocket Jacks--ALL OF THEM WRONG!--Every body Here:p

wildjax

wildjax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What? No one has quoted Kenny Rogers yet?

"Know when to hold 'em--Know when to fold 'em--Know when to walk away and know when to run." -from "The Gambler"

Then again, there are so many more cheesy lines in this song, I could go on with this forever, lol.

icecold24k

icecold24k

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My favorite by the great Doyle Brunson "Were playing poker not solitaire."

TexasPokerStar

TexasPokerStar

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
The ultimate poker quote

The guy who invented poker was bright, but the guy who invented the chip was a genius. ~Author Unknown

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Poker is a lot like sex: you gotta attack the blind."

fcumred

fcumred

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My favourite.

You lead a horse to water, but a donkey will follow you all the way to the river..

Followed by that Hellmuthian classic

You cant even spell poker let alone play it.

fcumred

fcumred

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One I heard in a live game once.

A player had just been the victim of a real bad beat. I mean AA v 7 3 kind of bad beat.

He was grumbling like hell about it and this young lad just looked at him and said

"quit moaning and just do what Monica Lewinsky did"

The bloke looked at him and asked him what he meant..

"take it in the chin"

:D

C

Cilderr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"If luck weren't involved, I'd guess I'd win every one" Phil Hellmuth and also another one by him "Argh, this IDIOT!!"

P

paumarhas

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nobody is always a winner, and anybody who says he is, is either a liar or doesn't play poker.----Amoarillo Slim
they anticipate losing when they sit down and i try my darnedest not to disappoint one of them. --Amariilo Slim
trust everyone, but always cut the cards. --Benny Binion
and the best that i read is:
when a man with money meets a man whith experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience.----Anonymous
this was very interesting and fun thanks for thinking it up. :) :D ;)

CAPT. ZIGZAG

CAPT. ZIGZAG

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"If you're not bored, you're not playing right."

"A fool and his money are soon parted."

---

rotocub

rotocub

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have it in your power to turn a bad-beat around simply by realizing this simple truth: The more bad beats you encounter, the luckier you are. It's a sign that you are playing against opponents who continually take the worst of it, and if you can't beat someone who always takes the worst of it, you can't beat anyone. ~Lou Krieger

B

bigpick76

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fav poker quote

i have a couple favorite poker quotes............Mike sexton "May all your cards be live and your pots be monsters".........and to quote the always entertaining Mike "the mouth" matusow..........."The kiddie games down the street boys"............NOW THATS CLASSIC!!!!!!

C

cynappa

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nobody is always a winner, and anybody who says he is, is either a liar or doesn't play poker..