What is your style of play?

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wanted to know the playing style of the people here in the forum and what are the advantages you guys feel about playing in that style?

I for one am a Tight-Aggressive player, and sometimes make a bluff because players usually find that I have a good game and win some pots with so this is a good advantage.

Leomil

Leomil

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im a tight-agressive player too, because when you play like this, you can find many more spots to win with the agrissivity!

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play MTT, early game i play tight, got many BB so dont need to be in a hurry. Late game I become more agressive, bigger stack more agressive.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Varies a lot depends on mood on day the game you are playing and the way my opponents are playing good luck.

C

cessam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play loose agressive because sometimes you can win even with 4 2 for example.
So i try to play every hand that i can and if i get the nuts i play agressive to make as much money as i can.
But this style is only for tourney.
If i play cash games i change my play to tight agressive.

D

don1980

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have different methods on the way I play my hand.

supermoto

supermoto

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
everything depends on the type of tournament and players as I get to know the game.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cash game Holdem- Patient cautious rock
MTT Holdem- LAG Semi -tight

I try t conform to what the structure tells me to do.

1Player

1Player

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd like to think it's TAG, but it's probably closer to weak tight.

V

vpashuta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My style of play is - 'Poor'. I guess it may also be considered , 'bad'

K

kasapcho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it depends on how the game is going and how the other players are playing - but I have aggressive play style for sure :)

otzme

otzme

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Tight, I believe that the long term is the best style of play

brno22

brno22

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my style of play is aggressive, because the game becomes more dynamic

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
I think we all have to have a defined style of play ... however I believe that my style is very balanced ... and my decisions and strategies are defined at the time of the game and according to the opponents against whom I am playing. ..!

T

tcummo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As always.. it depends..player tendencies, stack sizes etc..tag is fine but you must vary your play 'sometimes'..playing the same 'style' all the time makes you easy to read...

damgold

damgold

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm tight aggressive it is good to play so because you lose less chips and win more chips

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good if im playing well and donkish if im playing like poop

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
It depends on the type of tournament, and on the opponents.
But usually I prefer an aggressive game. Although, at the beginning of any tournament, I try to be careful.
Good luck.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Usually, I am always inclined to play aggressively.
In this case, the game becomes much more interesting.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I would say, I play kind of TAG style. But sometimes I even become very nitty and therefore also too passive sometimes. I need to work on it.

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I change my style of play throughout the tournament and I try to adapt to the style of my opponents, most of the time I play tight and give aggressive according to my position. this strategy works a good deal of the time.

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wanted to know the playing style of the people here in the forum and what are the advantages you guys feel about playing in that style?
I think that being aware of the basic 4 styles is important and that each style has its place in a given game depending on the opponent. These four basic styles TAG/LAG/TP/LP only consider two dynamics: card range and betting frequency - players nowadays have MANY more layers than this. That said...

I think my game is mainly TAG with a little LAG sprinkled in. Occasionally I think a little TP is required, but almost never LP. Adjusting and playing different styles depending on the opponent is something I have been working on and that I think is important. For example, aggression will win against TP/LP players most of the time whereas aggression against a LAG will get called to the river.

Adjusting, all the time, is the game I want to play - whether I consistently do that or not is a different conversation! :)

M

martina pinto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my style is a light style and when I get chips I become aggressive but always playing solidly, there are times in the tournaments that the software favors the chep leaders so one takes advantage of that until it stops favoring us and waiting for hands to get the best opportunity