What is Your Goal When Playing Poker?

ruswolfhound

ruswolfhound

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think many people have the main reasons for playing poker money and spend free time for fun

Leomil

Leomil

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just want to make poker my lucrative hobby, so I can have fun while I make money haha

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I pretty much just enjoy the game . I wish I could be better at it but I don't have the time and discipline to invest . So I just play for amusement.

ingybingy

ingybingy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My goal is three fold:
1. To make the maximize profit and minimize loss2. To enjoy the game and not get stressed out about it, as long as I'm making the right decision.
3. Ultimate goal is to play the Main Event at least one time in the next few years.

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
the main goal is to have fun which i have most of the times except the hands i had bad beats lol ,the second one is to get improve and win some cash if that is possible.

P

Peter Jankowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
me too make $ and less tilt!

soliddecor

soliddecor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many poker players do not have a one goal when start poker,what would be your goal?
some say they are only playing poker for relaxing moments, and have no goals or dreams of being a great poker player,I play poker for more than 9 years, and I really like this game, after all you put your mind to work at every turn, to know what your opponent has, in the end you even look like a master of the divinations
many say poker is only lucky, others say poker is strategy, and some say poker is just a game where you're stolen all the time,I believe poker is the 3 things at once
It's lucky when you won whit nothing
It's strategy when you play correctly and win
it's theft when everything seems to work, but at the end comes the wrong and you fail
some call it stealing, I call it variance of the game

And you, what do you think of all this?
The strategy should be based on facts. And what facts you can have besides personal experience of luck and maps that you see on the table - you can foresee - if you follow the rivals and take notes in the notebook about the behavior of the players of rivals. This can be done by watching the games in the lobby. But I doubt that it's someone who does it so it's time to waste on it. But if you think this is a big plus, even if our tournament is 100 daily for club members, it's enough to analyze the list of leading players and not necessarily to follow all 200 -300 players - the most experienced often make mistakes and repeat - thus knowing these weaknesses this das more chances when playing with them. :) That is, always the strong side of an opponent can be turned into his weakness.

G

georgall

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Money, money, money......:willy: a lot of money...

J

JosephFenske

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I Don't have any goal for playing Poker. Even though I take this game as Fun , but I love playing Poker because, I get money.

P

pokerpick311

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My goal, would be to recover the bench that I had a year ago, which has taken me the bad bets, if I manage to reach higher levels, if a good pump comes there it's time to stop and buy me a piece of land and make my house and then resume and continue playing patiently.

R

Rskeyyy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i try not to forget to get satisfaction.

oleg plugaru

oleg plugaru

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My goal when I sit down to play is to win as much money as possible ...

Filip Krstevski

Filip Krstevski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When i started playing poker i started playing casual and for fun because i liked the game. Once i learned the strategies and calculating the odds and everything when i got deeper to the game i found myself in a spot where i can earn money. My goal when playing poker is to win every tournament i register, but suddenly something come across and that's not possible. So mainly when i'm playing poker looking the way how to earn money and win the tournament. I'm grinding everyday with a profit from 45$- 60$ that's my daily goal. I managed my bankroll good and this is possible for me. In the end i really like poker and i enjoy the most i'm playing it for living and it's going good.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
personally for me, the game of poker is a lot of fun and adrenaline, to make new acquaintances and communication well, of course we should not forget that the game of poker can earn. and to everything that I said I would like to add that you really want to become famous and successful poker player even wealth is not important to the average standard of living (money), I was fully satisfied. I wish you success and enjoyment from the game

Miguel Chacon

Miguel Chacon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
my goal is to live of poker one day playing high stake in Sit And Gos and Spin and Gos reach the top level in poker strategy some day teach poker to others and make enough money to have a business of my own and live free with passive income and still play poker till I'm an old senil man XD

Good Luck at the Tables!

T

TheShek

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker as a hobby and pastime, but also to win. It's a semi serious hobby that I'm now taking more seriously as my circumstances have changed.

I play mainly tournament poker so you really have to love the game to come back day after day to know you're going to lose most of the games you play. It's those deep runs, the games where everything works, where all of the hard work I put in comes together when my reads are spot on, my timing is perfect and I end up with all the chips that keeps me coming back. The challenge to constantly improve, to move up in stakes and adjust my play to be competitive, it's truly a wonderful challenge for me to have from my couch. I have a chronic illness which keeps me at home a lot, so it's perfect for me.

rfbh54

rfbh54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Want to learn how to earn money on poker.

S

sid kendell

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play for entertainment and a chance of winng some money.Would love to play in some bigger tourneys live or online.$220 live was biggest and very exciting.

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
My purpose in playing poker:

Much depends on what is:

Tournament or cash game. Set my goal and try to achieve it!

BriceNice

BriceNice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The goal is to win but the rigging makes that difficult.

cubons

cubons

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My goal is to drive my opponent crazy after he loses with AKs against my Q4 :D

Hackerosito

Hackerosito

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My main purpose, is to enjoy a good game, and get a profit from it. Improve my game every day, and my achievements in this sport. :icon_boun

G

Gojira

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Making my life easier

I just wanna make my girl and myself as happy as possible...

K

kceow2981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My first big goal is to become a winning poker player. My next goal is to be good enough and build my bankroll up enough to move up in stakes and then become profitable at those stakes. Overall I want to see how good I can get and see how high in stakes I can get and be profitable. I have a big bankroll excel sheet I made to record this and see my progress. It's exciting to me

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Currently i play for fun in freerolls. My goal is to become better player, build some bankroll for free and start playing at higher stakes and be profitable at this.