What is your "Favorite" and "least favorite" hand??

BigTimeSmith

BigTimeSmith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, i know. Your not suppose to have a favorite hand. But for some reason i love KQ, especially suited. Other than rags of course, the hand i hate to see is pocket Jacks! Anyone else??

hott_estelle

hott_estelle

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Favorite = 9-10 suited
Least favorite = (don't really have a least favorite hand, you can win with any hand in any given situation)

palmer2000e

palmer2000e

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dont really have a favorite hand... But hate jacks as well, and also hate AK... I never seem to make any big hands with AK and other players always seem to hold it when i have AQ/AJ, so its one of my least favorites

godofgrind

godofgrind

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i hate pocket 5's and they hate me. i never hit with them. i think it has something to do with my disapproval of sammy hagar replacing david lee roth in van halen.
as for a favorite hand, i don't think i have one, as any hand can be the winner if you're willing to see it through to the river(keeping in mind that if one missed the flop, it's usually a good idea to get the hell outta dodge before throwing good chips after bad ones), though i do tend to play 5-2 and 9-6 when the blinds start getting up into the higher levels, while i'll fold some of those other hands that i may have played earlier in a tourney.

Last edited:
quazar66

quazar66

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My most hated hand would have to be fido unsuited. It looks good but gets you in trouble alot.

For my favorite hand just look below.

ilikevolcom14

ilikevolcom14

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
my favorite hand is the ones i win with and i hate the ones i lose with
haha no but serioulsy
fav= 97 suited for some reason never lost with that
hate= k10

4Aces

4Aces

is watching you
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My favorite hand is AQ suited(clubs)
And the hand i hate the most is AK!

C

chefantwon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This will be the strangest yet:

'cause they tend to draw at least 1 more of their brothers.

Note: they better be REAL cheap pre flop, and if the brother doesn't show, fold.

Other than that, A 10.

C

crussader

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I know this sounds strange, but I hate getting AA. They get cracked everytime I play them.

My favorite hand is JJ. Half the time I have that hand I wind up with a set or a boat.

E

earlglocke

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AA. i'll take them EVERY time. sure, you could raise to a good hand and get beaten or you might be playing with a few idiots who think unsuited connectors are the best hand ever and get sucked out on but i'll take my chances with the best pre-flop hand in hold-em.

E

earlglocke

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
KK on the other hand always seems to run into a big ace and guess what happens.

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'll take AA anytime, anywhere.
Can't say I hate QQ but it's the hand that gets me knocked out of more tourneys than any other.

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Favorite: AA
Favorite Donkey Hand to Play: J5
Hate it: KQo

wheely5

wheely5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
K 10 suited or unsuited is fast becoming one of my favorite hands and my least favorite(s) are any low off suits below 10

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
K 9 suited, don't know why, i just do. hate jacks and 10s

tolstoy

tolstoy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AK suited gets me the most pumped. Very dynamic hand. Lot you can do with it (including fold if neccassary). AA's a great hand but very disapionting to lose with. Tough to fold.

Least fav...weak aces. Very easy to lose big with this hand.

Nitram_80

Nitram_80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am starting to hate all high pocket pairs because they win small pots and lose big ones. I do like pocket 10s thoug because they seem to hold up alot or make sets for me.

titans4ever

titans4ever

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My favorite hand became the ladies when they won me over $600 in Vegas. Had quads on turn to beat As full of Ks with the cards going AKQ..Q..A. Makes me smile every time i think of it.

My least favorite is AJ. It seems to always get outkicked. It is so hard to let it go when an A comes on the flop.

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For some reason I like A9 suited or not. Its a hand u can play a variety of ways.

Easier to raise with than A8 or less, easier to fold in the face of a raise than A10.

I have to say, however, give me AA everytime, please!!!

12skin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hands i hate - KK QQ JJ because they always get either busted or beat with pocket AA

Hands i like - i really like suited connectors

My absolute worst hand - AK , because if I show it against even a small pair , i never flop anything.

tosborn

tosborn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My favorite hand became the ladies when they won me over $600 in Vegas. Had quads on turn to beat As full of Ks with the cards going AKQ..Q..A. Makes me smile every time i think of it.

My least favorite is AJ. It seems to always get outkicked. It is so hard to let it go when an A comes on the flop.

Vegas must be rigged....Full House getting beaten by Quads.....I would smile every time too.

It's just good somebody didn't have rockets or this story would have taken a completely different tune. Imagine that Quad Q's getting beaten by Quad A's.

Anyway, that is a classic hand that you will remember for the rest of your life. I only hope to have one of those someday....................

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes it's my left, sometimes it's my right..................

tiltboy

tiltboy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A-A the most obvious but the hand i have more pleasure winning with is
7-5 but it has to be offsuit i love a hand that is deceptively dangerous

Devilpoker78

Devilpoker78

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
9-6s, ive nailed alot of people with this hand for some reason. Dont really have a hand that I hate.

M

MPW73088

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
97 Suited. Enough said

97 Suited never loses.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands