What are your 2008 Targets?

calibanboy

calibanboy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok - What are your 2008 Targets? A new year - A new you.

I have taken time off poker for last 2 months and feel refreshed as a result. Hence looking forward to another positive year.

bankroll = $1500
Target for year = $15,000

Strategy = Ring games and MTT's

This is acheiveable based on 2007 Results.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My goal is to show a profit for the first time since I started playing online poker 3 years ago.

V

Virv

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My goal is to start winning consistently and move up stakes. The past year I've been either at a steady flow or slightly downhill. My ultimate goal is to become pro and play poker for a living, I don't know if I can achieve that in a year.

lkport

lkport

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been showing a profit (very small) most of 2007. What I do for a job leaves me 3-4 months during winter of inactivity. My goal for those months is to make "a living" off poker. I am not a high stakes player, so I am shooting for an average of $500 a week net profit.
Last week: worked one day, didnt play poker that day. All other days profitable, none under $50 net. Net for the week $700

This week: Monday, $3.77 net profit. Tuesday $254.30 net profit.

I know I will inevitably have losing days/weeks, just looking to average that $500 a week.

Mugetsu

Mugetsu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My aims would really be to begin a steady bankrolling method and stick it out. Also I wouldnt mind trying to make some sort of big (ish) live event. Be it scottish, english or whatever.

DaFrench1

DaFrench1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My goal is to beat lkport for once :D:D:D.

Other than that I'm just about to break the 1K barrier for the first time with my total BR, I want 1K on 5 different sites by the end of next year.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a whole year of poker? well ideally i would hope that i have enough to sit at the ivey deathmatch table without worrying about table. A more realistic one though is so that i have enough to play omaha high aginst hte top pros on full tilt without being worried about going broke

J

jeffred1111

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a whole year of poker? well ideally i would hope that i have enough to sit at the ivey deathmatch table without worrying about table. A more realistic one though is so that i have enough to play omaha high aginst hte top pros on full tilt without being worried about going broke

And that is realistic ? LOL.

My goal is to get better at minbet, cause clearly, I suck at it.

4Aces

4Aces

is watching you
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to have a $7,500 br.

Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't normally make plans for that long a time frame. But I guess a 6-figure net profit year is what I'm shooting for.

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My goal for 2008 is to gain a sense of reality.

But if I can't make that one work, having a buy-in to a wsop NLHE event (even the $1500 one) would be a good start.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And that is realistic ? LOL.

My goal is to get better at minbet, cause clearly, I suck at it.

In a whole year of poker i think it is realistic. All i have to go is keep playing solid poker slowly making a profit. Then all i need is to win 1 big mtt in the year and i will have a big boost. So having won 4 in half a year at small stakes, i think if i can win 4 more in hte whole of the next year at and above hte stakes i am at now, the goal definately is achievable.

My target is switch's head :eek:

Just remember i need to sign it first :D

calibanboy

calibanboy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been showing a profit (very small) most of 2007. What I do for a job leaves me 3-4 months during winter of inactivity. My goal for those months is to make "a living" off poker. I am not a high stakes player, so I am shooting for an average of $500 a week net profit.
Last week: worked one day, didnt play poker that day. All other days profitable, none under $50 net. Net for the week $700

This week: Monday, $3.77 net profit. Tuesday $254.30 net profit.

I know I will inevitably have losing days/weeks, just looking to average that $500 a week.

Will you only take 500 out your profits each week if you win more to help with growing bankroll and helping if you hit a slump?

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My goal is to get enough FPPs to buy the porche at stars (says Zach, currently at the 5c/10c tables :))

JimmyBrizzy

JimmyBrizzy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I emptied my full tilt account out 11/12/07 completely.

I was inspired by the Chris Ferguson 10k challenge, I hope to do it in less time than he did (around 15 months i believe), while following the same rules he did. Right now I have used freerolls to build my account up to $8.39, I want to build it up even more so I can have more cushion when I decide to transfer from the play money to real money games.

By the end of 2008 I want to have my bankroll at $10,000. It's a tough hill to climb, but I have a lot of motivation and determination.

Good luck to everyone else with their goals!

jaketrevvor

jaketrevvor

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
By the end of 2008 I want to be Chris Ferguson

U

uwin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
some cool people here I c

My goal is to stay about where I have been just scratching out a few grand in profit a month.

goal 12 straight winning months

good luck everyone

Tobmeister

Tobmeister

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
By the end of 2008 I want to be Chris Ferguson

I thought we were making higher goals, you just have to grow your hair and get a hat,

by christmas 2008 i want to be Jennifer Harman

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought we were making higher goals, you just have to grow your hair and get a hat,

by christmas 2008 i want to be Jennifer Harman

As you can see from my Avitar... I already got my hat.
My goal would be to sit at the final table with Chris and both of us wearing our hats. :)

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
some cool people here I c

My goal is to stay about where I have been just scratching out a few grand in profit a month.

goal 12 straight winning months

good luck everyone

If your making a few grand a month, your goal should be to become a poker pro and a millionaire :D

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my hair is almost at shoulders, will be a jesus soon

i need a haircut, fek

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My goal is to "bonus whore" every site I can join with rakeback.I would like to run up the measly $200 or so I have spread out between bodog and Stars(+the $100 I'm starting my FT account with)to $10,000 plus.

One more goal will be to try to run my free $5 at duplicate poker up to $20 so I can cash it out:).Who ever thought of this idea must have been smoking major crack!!!

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
-Finally get my ****ing apprenticeship going
-Get driver's license for ^^^
-Move out, live off of poker winnings and/or apprenticeship :)
-Play rings consistently the whole year and get as high up in stakes as I can
-Practice 6-max more
-Win/top 3 at least one big tourney
-Play the big tournaments more (sunday mil et al)
-Celebrate Ron Paul getting elected.