What you need to become a professional poker player?

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What you need to become a professional poker player?

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Make the right decisions and have a little luck...

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
A huge bankroll would be the first thing, If you are buying in for £25 every game you play then you really need enough of a bankroll to lose a few before a good win comes along.
I can manage to lose a few at this price as I do not play every day, but a real pro would be buying in for a lot more and playing quite a few in a single month.
I was once told by a seasoned pro that it don't matter how many bills you have, you never pay bills with your bankroll, they get paid when you win and the first thing you do when you win is max out your bankroll then pay bills.

Big_Banana

Big_Banana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is totally defendant your luck and Ur mind strategy how to bluff and raised with vilian
Play with full mind strategy and commonsense.
You are always professional feel [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
study, make the right decisions at the right times, and above all else luck also has to be on your side.

L

luki_jakdo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think u just need to have skill and a bit of luck :D

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you need to become a professional poker player?

It is a long process but not impossible, first you have to understand the game a lot and study it, play a lot and most importantly have a lot of Discipline, you have to know if poker has really been profitable in your life.

When you start to earn income from poker and see that 100% of your money comes from poker, you can already classify yourself as a professional or semi-professional player.

Personally, I am in the process of becoming a professional poker player one day.

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is a long process but not impossible, first you have to understand the game a lot and study it, play a lot and most importantly have a lot of Discipline, you have to know if poker has really been profitable in your life.

When you start to earn income from poker and see that 100% of your money comes from poker, you can already classify yourself as a professional or semi-professional player.

Personally, I am in the process of becoming a professional poker player one day.
So what you had already and need now to become pro?

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So what did you already have and need now to become a professional?

Discipline is the most important thing and not only in my game but in Bankroll to keep me playing constantly and have a more solid bank to support my game when I'm in bad times

I am learning to develop a discipline little by little and I still have a lot to learn in poker.

Every day we learn something new :)

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The main thing is to have patience and time ...

Study, review hands, talk to people who play well, participate actively in the forum, have a good setup to play (powerful computer, screen compatible with the number of screens you want to play and comfortable chair), avoid distractions, sleep properly, non-consumer drugs or alcohol during sessions, pay attention to each table move including those that are not involved, eat properly, exercise regularly to avoid possible problems due to the long period you may be playing ...

L

lezghin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
an interesting and beautiful question. unfortunately experience shows. to become a professional player you need money .. and play for cash Well, whether you are lucky or not, it depends on you only ... if you still:rolleyes: have luck, then you will definitely become a professional player

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As Mr Brunson once said, you need a total disregard for money to be successful at poker.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Obviously, in order to become a professional player, you first need to have a great desire, dream and time to realize this dream. I personally have a great desire and a dream, but unfortunately, so far, I do not have enough free time.

M

MickGreed

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you win a couple million dollar pots then I think your considered a pro,

Maiuchi

Maiuchi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I need to study a lot to be able to be a professional, it is not luck that makes you better, luck may have one sometimes but not always and to become a winner and a professional you have to practice a lot, read, study, watch many videos and have patience and good reading of the opponents. '

Maikychan

Maikychan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know, but soon I'll join a team, and let's see what happens...

joebenigno

joebenigno

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a large enough bankroll, the ability to always keep learning, resiliency