What you do after a Bad Beat

leandrette

leandrette

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I think it should be fun to see my face on a bad beat....it only took me a few seconds to protest and continue ,if the blow is strong, I protest a few seconds more...jaja
I have no idea what more else to do

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends. If im into a important tourney I try to recuperate the deficit, if its cash game i just close the aplication and get over it. Workout helps also watchin something funny on the internet

Senneville

Senneville

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
after a bad beat I said nh to the player and focus on my game and dont play with my sentiment.

NorrisPoker

NorrisPoker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Whenever I get a bad beat, I jump up in stakes and (usually) go on tilt. :(
Wish I didn't, but I do. Horrible thing, but it does pay off some of the time.

E

ELDONKOII

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i turn into the taZmanian devil for 5 minutes rant and rave shouting at a screen where no one but the neighboursa are hearing my poker ranting lol , then normally get a munchy cup of tea or some wine depending and start on the next every game is a whole new experience

A

Alex_sk87

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not think about it , and follow my game to improve

M

MakeUcryalot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it's one I continue playing regularly, as I'm usually multi-tabling 3-4 games. When 4/4 of those games end in bad beats I usually shed a manly tear and watch an episode of Community to feel better about the meaninglessness of existence.

pocketelf0

pocketelf0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i analyze my hands from the game, and then meditate on the tilt, then get back into the game

Antonioadv

Antonioadv

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
relax

There's not much to do , business is relax and wait for luck to change

S

Sharpcraft

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I get a bad beat, I join the next pokerschool freeroll and let my inner bingo player take over. :) Sometimes it's so satisfying and sometimes, you need a reminder that playing tight is always the better option :)

Roman Tsygankov

Roman Tsygankov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I saw so many bad beats and now I tend not to react and keep calm.

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just laugh it off, but deep inside i want to shout and curse. Hehehe

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pound my fist on the desk 1 or 2 times. Say "Oh My Goodness". Go out back and puff on a cigar for 5 minutes. Eat a popsicle to cool down. Watch TV and fall asleep!

P

Potsize1234

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Take notes

After a bad beat (e.g. when my all in with KK gets beaten by some Russian calling with A 3 off suit), I take notes about that player ('calls all in with A 3 off suit'), I curse a lot, keep on following him in the tournament for a while and pray he busts out a.s.a.p. :D

K

KiberKroch

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I smoke weed and everything goes)

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If the bad beat knocks me out of the tournament I laugh it off... I've always been happy when I lose from a winning position because I know I got my chips in at the right time while I was ahead and there's nothing you can do about being outdrawn or someone hitting runner runner...

If I take a bad beat but am still in the game, I shake my head, take a deep breath or two and just wait for another opportunity to start climbing the ladder again...

Usually when I get knocked out I say 'It's a s**t game' to vent my frustration, but I never mean it and it's more of a joke really... I'll always be back. :)

rflbarreto

rflbarreto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly, i don´t feel that bad ... so i keep playing

Timmah120

Timmah120

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The first thing I try to do is go over in my head whether or not it truly was a "bad beat." To me, it's only bad if I did absolutely everything right in the hand. This is tricky because sometimes you are too hard on yourself...meaning, you tell yourself you could have done something differently where in reality you did everything great.

If it was a true and honest mistake on my end, I store it in my mind as something to work on.

If it was a bad beat, then there is nothing you could have done about it. This is poker. Get used to them :)

N

no_1_knowz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
depends

If i am crippled nothing i can do..Otherwise i play my game and hope my luck turns for the better.Sometimes you cannot beat the cards

wc2hell

wc2hell

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all I stop of play. after I do anything that makes me relax like: listen music, eat candys. But when I still in the game I play more tight to take my chips back haha.

HowS

HowS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just stay calm, and try to learn from the hand I lost to.

Roadie

Roadie

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Half of the time I just laugh it off. The other half of the time the phrase "Are you kidding me? I got beat on runner runner? I quit!" Then I move on.

dgospa

dgospa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just sit back take a smoke n chill few min. N starting to play again.