With what can you compare poker?

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for the answers to friends.
It is interesting to read comparisons and the course of thought.
how many people - so many opinions

V

vpashuta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I compare poker with beating my head against the wall over and over and setting all my money on fire. Because the results are the same.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I compare poker with beating my head against the wall over and over and setting all my money on fire. Because the results are the same.
the answer lifted the mood. why so with yourself?)))))
I. sure the poker god will pay attention to you and we will hear about you more than once at the world championships)[emoji106] [emoji122] [emoji110]

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I agree with you. Poker is very similar to sports. Discipline, very important both in sports and poker.

HypnoT0AD

HypnoT0AD

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that poker can be compared to chess, easy to learn tough to master. Poker also has a luck factor, meaning the the best player doesn't always win.

I guess luck does factor in other sports, but not to such a large degree as poker.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I believe that poker is similar to trading with securities. Common in these two professions is the need to be disciplined, patient, and to control financial risks.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that poker is similar to trading with securities. Common in these two professions is the need to be disciplined, patient, and to control financial risks.
too, a good comparison.
poker has united in itself many moments and qualities of our life around our affairs of constant vanity.
poker as a reflector of our everyday life)
[emoji106] [emoji12]

Leomil

Leomil

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I compare poker with life. When you understand that poker is a game of people, and not just about cards, it gets much bigger!

MrSkinny

MrSkinny

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Heya Groovers ~

I was having a chat in the pub last night with a good chess player, I was explaining how HoldEm is similar to chess. I was quickly put down on the angle that there are 10 (?) players in a game of poker, not so many in chess. But I maintain the mental aspect is very, very similar.

Martial arts? Never close. I don't expect to take home someone's arm after playing poker, and I never play at martial arts.

On the comparison: martial arts and poker are both ways to gain insight into ones self. As are any pastimes in which you must grow internally to better yourself (ofc).

Who said "full contact poker"?

<3

J

Joonnn1212

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One game I'd compare to poker would be Magic: The Gathering. It's a trading card game filled with complex strategy that has elements of luck and skill. In fact, there are quite a few poker pros that used to be Magic pros, such as Bonomo and Scott Seiver!

cskwin

cskwin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think we can compare poker with any other form of field games. poker comes with no so definite strategy or playing style. there are some moves you can compare with all the sports.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker I can not compare with the martial arts, poker is not fast-paced there is time for reflection and decision-making! The battle of the minds is poker! Do not rush, you need to understand the strategy of the game opponent and then you will be the winner!

T

thackro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that poker is very unique and that is why it is so popular. The combination of so many factors means it cannot be mastered, your game must change and evolve. Of course skill will overcome luck in the long run, but those streaks of running bad seem to haunt all of us.

MrSkinny

MrSkinny

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker I can not compare with the martial arts, poker is not fast-paced there is time for reflection and decision-making! The battle of the minds is poker! Do not rush, you need to understand the strategy of the game opponent and then you will be the winner!

Nice one Poliaris. I'd say that is the similarity between poker and taijutsu. When your body and mind are working well together there is all the time in the world to choose what to do next. I've experienced some odd things when time changes pace (excluding drugs!). It's an interesting contradiction of myself. Thanks.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If there is no strength of mind, the strength of the muscles will not help

this I wanted to say when I compared poker and martial arts

in combat and poker, you need to be able to correctly count information from your opponent and take appropriate security measures or attacks.

fingers182005

fingers182005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i compare poker with my woman.. sometimes shes great and others shes just a pain in the ass always has ups and downs

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Smoking cigarettes and drinking alcohol

Poker can definitely become additive, trust me, I know.

MrSkinny

MrSkinny

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If there is no strength of mind, the strength of the muscles will not help

this I wanted to say when I compared poker and martial arts

in combat and poker, you need to be able to correctly count information from your opponent and take appropriate security measures or attacks.

I get you mate. Thanks Nikolay.

i compare poker with my woman.. sometimes shes great and others shes just a pain in the ass always has ups and downs

Women, eh? Is he right fellas? (Incoming!!)

Smoking cigarettes and watching Captain Kangaroo

FTFY :)

Last edited:
C

cheeeer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With Modern Art? Noone understands what it is but all think they are good at it.

D

dukeofdiligence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I compare poker to chess, but these are different games. Here you can find much in common - mindfulness, patience, planning, anticipating the actions of an opponent. But there are differences - a financial issue, a factor of luck.

Nicely said. Totally agree with this :)

AlexStar1981

AlexStar1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Apologize. I didn't mean to be rude and I didn't mean to offend anyone.

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker and chess, for being two games of strategy and reasoning.