what would you do if?

L

LukeSilver

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you were a micro stakes player you had always been ambitious in poker you wanted success but were stuck in a rut it seemed you weren't losing but you were not gaining you really wanted that big break.

you suddenly get through to the world series of poker on a cheap satellite you cannot believe it you really think this is going to be a big one the hotel your plane tickets are paid for everyone you know is judging you.

you decide that your going to be very tight the first few levels your deep stacked long way to go no need to gamble yet observe the table get reads dont get it in unless you have to etc.

The very first hand you are dealt A clubs A of hearts under the gun yoou raise 3 bigs. everyone folds except the big blind who calls. your worried about getting stuck with the aces because you have had bad luck with them but you see a real nice flop A spades A diamonds K diamonds. the big blind checks you figure you have to bet otherwise it would be suspicious anyway so you bet half pot, the big blind instantly calls he must have a K you think. Maybe if your really lucky he is trapping with KK. the turn is the 5 of diamonds.

he suddenly bets out your thinking strange maybe he has KK or 55 or perhaps is trying to semi bluff with some draw but what draw could he possibly have, maybe he hit the flush? rightly or wrongly you decide to re raise him to get max value out of his hands. he snap calls as if it is totally obvious. the river is the 4 diamonds. he instant moves all in you instantly call.

He turns up 2 3 of diamonds for the straight flush goes ahhh sticking his tongue out and making a face at you. you go to tell your friend who thinks your a pathetic player and human being and whilst your arguing with her this guy comes up in between you two and goes ahhh sticking his tongue out again making a retarded face.

your girlfriend decides hes a better poker player and dumps you for him then he unzips his flies and urinates on you as you stand in shock.

What would you do in this scenario?

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

4evrInmyheart RIP xoxo :(
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
enolan

enolan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The exact same thing happened to me and i learned the following...
a) I played the hand correcly, max value, he had 1 out on the river and i was beating his range.
b) I realised I didn't actually have any friends to begin with, I now make better friend choices.
c) I realised my gf was no-good and I've had a lucky escape.
d) I've learned never to be shocked at showdown, if i've not given consideration to the actual hand villain shows then I've been lazy (even the <1% 23s in this case).
e) I now know to get out the way if some prat unzips right in front of me.

skull89

skull89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The hand was well played.
But this is a true story? hahahah
If it is, I can't believe it. What did you smoke son??

C

cursed989

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol! That took an unexpected turn at the end, and I mean after the bad beat! As for the question of what I'd do...

Well, I'd probably take out my aggression on the guy urinating on me, lol.

L

LukeSilver

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no the story is not true as stated it was a what would you do if question.

I have had idiots pull of some pretty shocking suck outs then taunt me and some horrible experiences in poker, a **** of a girlfriend who behaved like that etc,

but this is obviously an exaggeration in the extreme I have had quads cracked before which was really nice considering it was not at a bad beat jackpot table, but the play was that ridiculous and apart from someone saying wow in the chat box there wasn't really anything else from it.

angeliks

angeliks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
not violently reactionary until urinate on me, at that time if release all my anger and I think that neither he nor I would play poker. well at least I could not do it out of a jail XD

L

LukeSilver

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have taken some pretty silly bad beats in online poker though. this one wasn't one of my bad beats but it does show how silly things can get.

I bet everyone can figure out what villan has by river but then if you were in that hand and did not know it was a bad beat story I doubt any of you would have successfully put them on this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrKJONmjzbg

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Next time bring an umbrella.