Poker Tracking - keeping track of all of your hand histories and breaking them up into how often you and your opponents do each action.
- Holdem Manager
- PokerTracker3 (http://www.pokertracker.com)
- Poker Office (http://www.pokeroffice.com)(don't know anyone who still uses this)
Hand Analysis - along with the 3 above, this will allow you to do away from the table analysis of certain situations you might get into or did get into and will show your equity and probability.
- PokerStove (http://www.pokerstove.com)
- HERanger (http://www.holdemranger.com)
SNG Tools - These basically will analyze your play and tell you when the optimal push or fold situations come in to play and what you should do based upon your stack size, opponent's stack sizes and your cards. These use ICM(Independent Chip Modeling) to determine the best decision of play.
- SNG Wizard (http://www.sngwiz.com)
- SNG Power Tools
- Google More...
Multi-Tabling Aid Programs - When you are multi-tabling, especially a lot of tables, every second is precious, so these will help by making some of the tasks down to just a keypress. Whether it is raising 1/3 pot, 1/2 pot, folding, etc. You can do it in an instant instead of dragging your mouse over and clicking. They can also open new tables/register in SnGs for you as well. Some are also just regular windows programs that can help people with making things easier.
- TableNinja (http://www.tableninja.com)(PokerStars and FullTilt) - automates processes to a keystroke.
- AllSnap (http://ivanheckman.com/allsnap/) - Will auto snap a window to the edge of your screen so there isn't an overlap.
- AutoHotKey (http://www.autohotkey.com) - there are scripts all over the internet for this program that will automate processes for all kinds of things(not just poker programs) down to simple keystrokes.
I'm sure I'm missing stuff, just wanted to make it simple for people who didn't know what some of the stuff was.