What Psychological Problems Do You Have in Poker?

1k95

1k95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Let's talk about psychological issues in poker. Thanks for answers.
cb41ccd667307f5092200a41caf94d85.jpg

1k95

1k95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
-Not the right awareness of gaming reality.
- Laziness.
-Tilt.
-Fear.
-Lack of motivation.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to talk about poker a lot. In daily life I will say "think long think wrong" which is a poker saying.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am very nervous when I lose poker, and I can't do anything about it, I guess I have to play freeroll more to make bankroll, then it will be easier to play

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been really nervous lately and it really hurts my game . well, sometimes you lack motivation.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I sometimes get upset when they randomly click buttons and they get there on the river.

Generally I have eliminated tilt from my game , if you played well and your opponent hit his runner runner straight in a flip is not much you can do right? If your decision was correct,end of story!

My biggest fear is variance :)

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm working on a post about bad beats, downswings, variance, and how I don't tilt/how I got over tilting. It'll be great to take some of issues players have in this thread and applying it to what I'm writing.

JohnnyBoy928

JohnnyBoy928

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I need to STOP showing people my cards when I win... I know I have to but I keep doing it anyways... I'm an idiot!... lol

Also I need to stop telling people what I folded as well.... Who cares what I folded anyways? right? lol

As far as tells... Well no one has told me that I have any... but I am sure I do...

I also take it personal if someone bluffs me and then shows their cards to throw it in my face... I know that is a strategy in itself but I need to not let them know it bothered me at all... because it's just business! :eek2:

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Reading through other post (as I thought there was no issues) have to say variance. Not much control but knowing that, it really shouldn't be an issue. Was definitely biggest hurdle to over come though.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have got a gorilla on my back too many to write here haha.:hahaha:
images

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Sometimes I am too emotional. And at such moments it is very difficult for me to avoid mistakes. If I feel that I can not control the game, I just stop playing. In my opinion, in such cases, it is better to go for a walk, relax, than continue the game.
Good luck.

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sometimes, when i lose the little bankroll i could make, a little sad, but, go on.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Naturally, during a poker game I have a lot of psychological problems.
I can be on the slope when I often lose with the best card on the alleys. I often lose my motivation to play poker with frequent and lengthy games with microlimit.
But I am working on my psychological problems and are looking for a way out. I hope that in due time the problems will disappear.

FernA9ndo

FernA9ndo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Psychological problems can determine the winnings of a poker player or if there isnt profit. Sometimes you can just go crazy that things will happen in the right moments.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Not sure if it is on the subject but after I build a stack I tend to get distracted or lose concentration.
I also have a mental block when I have a big stack near the bubble. While you hang around waiting for the bubble to burst chips are disappearing through the blinds.
On the other hand if I bully the table, many times I reduce my stack.
A rock and a hard place...

X

xRanieri

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For online poker, it's not as bad, but I still have a HUGE FEAR of anxiety that people will judge me for making a bad call.

In Live, this fear really makes me nervous. I also suffer from Social Anxiety, so I'm very concerned about the social element. When I sit down at a live table, I see people make unbelievably shitty plays, and then complain. When you have social anxiety, you kinda just agree with them, meanwhile in my head I'm like: Why did you call a cold 4-bet with 44?

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Perhaps my biggest problem while playing poker is the lack of proper patience. Very often I am in a hurry and therefore I make mistakes. I noticed that in the days when I patiently wait for strong cards, I have much better results. I believe that patience is the key skill of a successful player.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I need to STOP showing people my cards when I win... I know I have to but I keep doing it anyways... I'm an idiot!... lol

Also I need to stop telling people what I folded as well.... Who cares what I folded anyways? right? lol

As far as tells... Well no one has told me that I have any... but I am sure I do...

I also take it personal if someone bluffs me and then shows their cards to throw it in my face... I know that is a strategy in itself but I need to not let them know it bothered me at all... because it's just business! :eek2:
Well, of course good players are interested in what you are folding or what you have.
It gives them a lot of hints, what kind of range you play in certains situations.
I usually have the opinion, when someone wants to see my hand, he has to pay for this. :D

Not sure if it is on the subject but after I build a stack I tend to get distracted or lose concentration.
I also have a mental block when I have a big stack near the bubble. While you hang around waiting for the bubble to burst chips are disappearing through the blinds.
On the other hand if I bully the table, many times I reduce my stack.
A rock and a hard place...
I know this problem also pretty good. After building some stack at the beginning I often freeze my game, what is really not good. I also think, it is not so easy to find the balance in these moments. Actually, you should be using your stack, but when you feel you are melting it away with the actions, that you do, it is also not so nice situation. It would be interesting to hear for me too, how other people deal with this situation, who can master this issue.

AlexDriver

AlexDriver

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I lose I am very nervous. Then I start to tilt and unfortunately lose even more :(

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anger. It happens just about every time there's a suck out. It's the last thing I need to learn to accept about the game. But it destroys me mentally.

millya5

millya5

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I am very nervous when I lose poker, and I can't do anything about it, I guess I have to play freeroll more to make bankroll, then it will be easier to play

Now you fret to make bankroll for freerolls ... freerolls are now poor and there are a lot of people for $ 100

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
When things aren't going good, I enter in a kind of depression.

A

aj88xa869

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm addicted to chasing gut shot straights and flushes as opposed to counting outs, especially when it makes absolutely no sense against an aggressive opponent deep in a tournament when I am in great position. :eek: