What NOTES do you think Villians have on YOU?

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A discussion in another thread got me thinking...

What NOTES do my opponents have on me?
Hopefully is says something like - call this guy down with Jack high every hand you play with him. OR - fold every river bet because when he bets on the river - he has the NUTS!
:cool:But being realistic I'd say my opponents notes might say - Guy plays premium hands in position and rarely gets out of hand. Solid player.

What NOTES do you think your opponents have on you?
:eek:

Boston10111

Boston10111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Different people probably have different notes. My play changes throughout the tournament. Sometimes tight, sometimes aggressive, sometimes being a fish lol.

I’m sure some notes say solid player while other notes say he bluffs too much. Hopefully whatever notes he takes I’m doing opposite next time I run into them so I can grab a lot of chips because my gameplay is different than before and throws them off ;)

Ronaldo7

Ronaldo7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I change my game on different buyins, even play different game when i am in different mindset so i don't think they would have same ones

T

twoG1cup

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fish probably. The card room I play in is pretty small with a lot of satellite freerolls everyday. I see familiar faces everyday. I tend to donk out in freerolls going all in preflop with hands like J9, Q10.

I think it's an advantage when I'm playing SnGs. I just won 12$ on an SnG a few minutes ago

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I really don't know but for sure although I am a PT4 user I make my notes.
The thing with the notes is that they are good but some times they lead you to mistakes,(personally I have fallen many times in that trap).

If I have labeled someone as a regular or a maniac etc it is just a personal characterization and nothing more.Usually we make notes based on a play which it was out of line but ok this is not always accurate.Personally I try to renew my notes if I come across the same opponent and I delete old labels and notes , there is no point having a 2 years old note.Those things are very dynamic and change as the time goes by.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Especially on ACR

Those things are very dynamic and change as the time goes by.

Especially on ACR if using client side notes, not external notes.

ACR notes are kindly - atrocious atm.
Notes will disappear/reappear randomly when;
- a hand has ended
- blinds are posted
- a player is moved to a new table
- a new player arrives at your able
- after a player is eliminated
- after a break
- after ITM has been reached
- when final table pops up
- and just randomly while playing

I know this isn't what you meant - but I'm having a sarcastic afternoon - so this fit perfectly.

macha2003

macha2003

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Random

I am trying to play a wide range but careful. It doe not work all the time but I generally am able to give a quite tight player image which helps me a lot when I bluff

fickleberry

fickleberry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alright I'll give it a go. I think some people will have notes on me that are somewhat like this...

Called with BOTTOM pair on AJJK2 board. I had Q9, so he was right, but damn... FISH.

or...

Plays 82% VPIP. 3Bets almost every hand. Bossing the table. Wish I was him. He is sexy.

F

FlopGrinder

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A discussion in another thread got me thinking...

What NOTES do my opponents have on me?
Hopefully is says something like - call this guy down with Jack high every hand you play with him. OR - fold every river bet because when he bets on the river - he has the NUTS!
:cool:But being realistic I'd say my opponents notes might say - Guy plays premium hands in position and rarely gets out of hand. Solid player.

What NOTES do you think your opponents have on you?
:eek:

If you are playing live. The notes is definately your face haha.. online is easy. Just like at the base data. VPIP, win rate, cbet , etc..

F

feisas7991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you even have to think about what they think of you, you definitely overthinking by a BIG margin. Your first thought in terms of exploiting should be finding opp's leaks. 99.9% of players NEVER counter adjust, even the ones who think are REALLY good (making 2$+ in mtt or 5bb ev in cash game). Even if it seems you are getting exploited. It is almost never a case.

Focus on your game and exploit them, instead of worrying to get exploited!
Good Luck!

SouthparkSith

SouthparkSith

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Notes on me would say, fish, easily beatable, chases too much, very funny guy, moans too loud during sex and I secretly am madly in love with this guy.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Considering Others Notes is Exploitation

If you even have to think about what they think of you, you definitely overthinking by a BIG margin. Your first thought in terms of exploiting should be finding opp's leaks. 99.9% of players NEVER counter adjust, even the ones who think are REALLY good (making 2$+ in mtt or 5bb ev in cash game). Even if it seems you are getting exploited. It is almost never a case.

Focus on your game and exploit them, instead of worrying to get exploited!
Good Luck!

This thread was created mostly to have a little fun, but since we are being serious - thinking about 'your image' or what other players notes are on you, isn't overthinking at all, it is taking your images and using it against other players, adjusting, is the definition of exploitation.

If someone thinks you are a tight player - opening suited gappers oop or from EP/MP would exploit those players in LP - who think you are always opening tight with premium holdings. The leaks to capitalize on are in relation to your image (others notes) they fold when you open, or they fold to c-bet on the flop when you c-bet.

This is an ultra simple example - however - the logic is accurate.

So the notes on you might read - Nitty player who attempts to exploit other players when in position?

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have no idea what someones notes might say. Seem to get comments about how they never knew where they were at on the hand. I'll take it as a positive and focus on the end game.

F

feisas7991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This thread was created mostly to have a little fun, but since we are being serious - thinking about 'your image' or what other players notes are on you, isn't overthinking at all, it is taking your images and using it against other players, adjusting, is the definition of exploitation.

If someone thinks you are a tight player - opening suited gappers oop or from EP/MP would exploit those players in LP - who think ys.ou are always opening tight with premium holding The leaks to capitalize on are in relation to your image (others notes) they fold when you open, or they fold to c-bet on the flop when you c-bet.

This is an ultra simple example - however - the logic is accurate.

EDIT: Floating without a clear plan to take down the pot on later streets is barely exploiting in my books. Though we should not play PIO way in micros/freerolls as well.

So the notes on you might read - Nitty player who attempts to exploit other players when in position?

"opening suited gappers oop" How does this even work apart of being in sb? if im opening, I am the first one who OPENS the action and ill get oop only if someone ahead calls (being picky to words you say, as you do to me, though we are still friends :))

Secondly, it is indeed simple and clear to understand example and perhaps most often used leverage to exploit in poker.
However i was mostly referring to turn cbet frequency after a bet on the flop, or the river third barrel range. I will give a simple to understand example as well. If you cbet any two cards on the turn after checking on the flop, how many players will start raising at quarter of their range to exploit your range?
I agree while this example is extremely uncommon, i think people do not adjust their frequencies accordingly to players they face. Mostly people cbet 80-100% of their range (at least that is what people do where i play), PIO suggests raising any equity hands (gut shots, back doors etc.) and flat only strongest hands along with weakest and medium strength hands like straight draw (given we are reasonably deep), however people never do that.

Thanks for pointing out my inaccurate wording. You did a great job pointing out where people should look pre-flop!
Good Luck all!

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"
However i was mostly referring to turn cbet frequency after a bet on the flop, or the river third barrel range. I will give a simple to understand example as well. If you cbet any two cards on the turn after checking on the flop, how many players will start raising at quarter of their range to exploit your range?
I agree while this example is extremely uncommon, i think people do not adjust their frequencies accordingly to players they face. Mostly people cbet 80-100% of their range (at least that is what people do where i play), PIO suggests raising any equity hands
Good Luck all!

I can get behind what you are saying related to frequency.
Every so often - I take a non-traditional line - and check back EVERY flop, regardless if I'm in position or oop, regardless of what my hand is and how connected it is to the board, regardless of who I'm playing against. It's quite a dangerous play, however, interestingly this often produces deep runs at the stakes I play. :icon_scra

I'm not entirely sure why the results coincide with this 'tactic' but I can't deny they are real.
Some possible reasons this has worked well;
- disguise :cool:
- provides feedback on opponents holdings :confused:
- It's just so weird - and out of character compared to EVERYone else trying to play ultra aggressive like PIO solver says, and all the teachers and youtubers keep saying. :rolleyes:
- pots control IS real. :)

Betting patterns in general are one of our best 'tells' online and should be taken advantage of, adjusted to.