What music do you listen to while playing??
I know while I play and listen to music, that there are certain bands/songs that I feel don't detract from my play and actually assist in keeping me focused. What I want from this thread is not to be a I listen/don't listen to music thing, just simply if you do what bands, or songs do you enjoy. Feel free to list or explain why.
1. The Black Keys- every album, mostly Magic Potion though. (my favorite band of all-time)
2. The Beatles- Songs like Don't Let me Down, Hey Jude, etc. Every now and then I'll play the last part of Abbey Road.
3. Damien Rice- Delicate (sometimes you gotta slow it down.)
4. Bob Dylan- pretty much anything. New fav is It's All Over Now Baby Blue. (has the line the highway is for gamblers better use your sense/ take what you have gathered from coincidence.) So great!!
5. White Stripes- I am a fan of De Stihl, but this is another band that I can listen to any song and still enjoy. Been loving A Martyr for My Love for You lately.
6. Wilco- Great band, really enjoy the album Sky Blue Sky, check out Hate it Here, its good.
7. The Strokes- I listen to You Only Live Once way too much.
8. Dr. Dog- Amazing band, reminds me alot of The Beatles. Check out Ain't it Strange, Die, Die, Die, or I've got to tell you.
9. Red Hot Chili Peppers- Another one of my favorite bands, mostly their stuff from Californication on up, but I listen to alot of their older songs too.
10. Peter Bjorn & John- Fairly new band, Old Folks, Up Against the Wall, and the rest of the album are great.
11. Paul McCartney- His new album is alright I love Mr. Bellamy.
12. Paolo Nutini- A real young gun (younger than me!!!!), great album really singer songwriter stuff, nothing too amazing but I really like him.
13. Of Montreal- crazy trippy sound, keeps things lively at ring games for me, a healthy band to listen to.
14. Matt Pond PA- I don't know what I like about these guys so much, its more singer/songwriter stuff, and really nothing special. I just really feel it for some reason.
15. Interpol- Keeps me real calm and relaxed, in large quantities makes me too relaxed though.
More to come soon. I wanna know what everyone is listening to.