Eurazia

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Professionalism.
Good luck.
Experience.
Or all this is necessary at the same time.

T

tohos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ability to perform under pressure - when big money on the line. marginal spots
Mental endurance - for grinding and long mtt
Emotional control - tilt control, keeping emotions in check
Good analytical skills - reasoning for your's and opponent's actions. don't have result oriented thinking.
Poker related math - must know the basics.
Luck

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online, I think the most is bankroll. If you lost your initial deposit, you should have a back up redeposits.
Live, good BR likewise. You can use your money to bully opponents or have many chances to take back losses because can afford to many buyins.

R

Ronoh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Professionalism.
Good luck.
Experience.
Or all this is necessary at the same time.
Professionalism? Experience is meaningless, we all know horrible players who have played for years... luck comes and goes (read: variance).

There is no correct answer, many successful players would have varying opinions. For myself it's bankroll management and discipline

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in my view
1st. poker room needs to be software - user friendly.
2nd. I like table chat..therefore...the function of chatbox needs to be excellent.
after that
need to have time...with patience, and...the best of the best, need to enjoy your game, your play.

LOL

I think at least, you don't need to be a pro, but you could spend most of the happy hours when sitting on a poker table...LOL

Eurazia

Eurazia

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good analytical skills - reasoning for your's and opponent's actions. don't have result oriented thinking.
Luck

Yes here I agree with you emotions it is necessary to be able to control)

in my view
1st. poker room needs to be software - user friendly.
2nd. I like table chat..therefore...the function of chatbox needs to be excellent.
after that
need to have time...with patience, and...the best of the best, need to enjoy your game, your play.

LOL

I think at least, you don't need to be a pro, but you could spend most of the happy hours when sitting on a poker table...LOL

Yes, I think that the patience too is important, as well as that if you really love poker, you always enjoy game process)

Last edited by a moderator:
S

sleepymike

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck
My biggest problem area seems to be:
Emotional control, which then leads to:
Good analytical skills going out the window

magicius

magicius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you play in the Freeroll this is definitely the Bank ! in freerolls play even 7-2 though it is the worst card !
and if you play one of the tournament with great Bains there are now playing a more professional players and there is need your experience,luck,and emotions must be kept in force.

How stupid is this advice? Play even 72? People come to this forum to improve themself,not to be one more donk in mass....

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk

crusinnn

crusinnn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A little bit of everything and a whole lot of patience.

chipstacker

chipstacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say mental endurance is probably the most important. Because in no limit no matter how well you play it only takes one hand to set you back.

steffdbird

steffdbird

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:)

I would say mental endurance is probably the most important. Because in no limit no matter how well you play it only takes one hand to set you back.
Yup I agree here the most important thing of all in my opinion is being able to block our emotions from the game something I wished I had learned a lot sooner :) We have all been there when that ONE player who raises his whole range and calls with 39o (the f'ng nuts) to suck out on a 33x board now a pro would simply say thats poker and move on well apart from phill helmuth he would jump down the op's throat :p but these situations do arise and to become successful in the future we should be able to move on and not let this affect our next hand/game :)

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats not a poker player than,is it?

Plenty of players aren't addicted... I know I'm not. I don't drink or smoke... I'm a poker player lacking an addictive personality

magicius

magicius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Plenty of players aren't addicted... I know I'm not. I don't drink or smoke... I'm a poker player lacking an addictive personality

So you can now say "ok i am not playing poker anymore" and just stop?
If you can thats great :)

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So you can now say "ok i am not playing poker anymore" and just stop?
If you can thats great :)

Ummmm probably. To be honest I've never put the game down lol, should end the derail though. Sorry OP

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
personal side
discipline and self control (blocking emotions), you need to have some luck and some knowledge about poker basics
technical side
you need to chose adequate poker room (because of software, promotions, and etc)

R

racorel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
patience, intuition, management and strategy...however each has his strategy,have patience and attention...and a bit of luck on the river

Eurazia

Eurazia

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Emotional control, patience, endurance and I agree, itself I happen isn't really patient)

personal side
discipline and self control (blocking emotions), you need to have some luck and some knowledge about poker basics
technical side
you need to chose adequate poker room (because of software, promotions, and etc)
And what poker the room you will advise?

Last edited by a moderator:
Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends what your personal poker goals are. For instance, if you just want to play micros for entertainment and are content to spend (lose) some money on it as a hobby, what's important isn't the same as if you're aiming to become a high-stakes pro.

ThePokerHobbyist

ThePokerHobbyist

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would put confidence at the top of the list. When I know a game cold, and feel confident that whatever happens I know what to do, I'm generally ok. It's when I'm playing scared or nervous, when I'm not sure what the right play is and I'm worried about making a mistake- my game goes out the window, and the other players can smell that kind of nervousness a mile away.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whats the importance of skills, experience, good luck, patience, addiction, etc if in the first place no money to bet.
That said, the most important in poker is M O N E Y.