What makes You feel Great while Playing ?

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A lot of traffic on this site deals with feeling bad about certain aspects of this game.

I got sucked out on when I was winning.
I got bad beat.
I got it in good and lost on the river.
It's rigged!
Bots
I lost my entire bankroll in less than 4 hours.
etc etc.

I'm interested in finding what unique aspects of this terrible/awesome game - players find enjoyable.
What are certain aspects of the game that are euphoric?

I play tournaments exclusively. Generally I really enjoy playing the game of poker. Even with all the negative stuff that every player has experienced, even when getting 2 outed on the final table bubble, even when my Aces up boat gets destroyed by quads - I still really enjoy playing poker.

Certain aspects of the game bring greater enjoyment to me - much more than just the general, every day enjoyment I get from playing the game.

I receive great pleasure from
1. Winning hands vs passive, slow playing, trappy players.
2. Making an instinctive winning hero call on the river when the math say I should fold.
3. Folding a strong hand A/Q+, 99+ preflop and not regretting it.
4. Correctly avoiding the temptation to shove on the flop when I flop the nuts.
5. Making a crying call pre/post based on notes I have taken - and being correct.
6. Collecting chips from and/or busting players who play overly aggressive.
7. Of course final table.
8. Of course - finishing top 3.

What are some aspects of the game that bring greater pleasure to you - beyond the general enjoyment of playing the game?

B

bonanzaJay

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Card counting theory

I love trying to figure out my opponents card range and betting the pot according to my reads. This is really intriguing part of the game for me.
I also love pulling of a positional raise with trash cards and hitting the ultimate flop.
O love to bluff also when a situation presents itself.

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obviously winning big flips late in a tourney is up there

I also really enjoy making a great call when someone has triple barrelled or facing a river bet.

Getting there is another great feeling for huge pots if you've shoved your nut flush draw and get there that's a great feeling

Making big bluffs is also enjoyable

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I enjoy the game in many ways. Of coarse winning is the goal, but there are times when you are just feeling it and every time you play your cards you hit! I love that feeling, its almost unreal. Then I also enjoy being at a table with someone with a large stack and they are raising non stop and stealing chips. Makes me feel good when I just sit and wait and that moment hits. Since they are the aggressor at the table I just let them feed me chips in a hand. Often if you hit them hard enough, It puts them on that famous "tilt". I don't always win, rarely actually, but just knowing I played the best game I could with what I was dealt is very satisfying.

Drumsound

Drumsound

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being in the zone, where reads are right and crushing it.
Yeah, that is the best feeling. Good reads, playing the players, losing the minimum, and extracting the maximum.

The best hand I played recently was when I defend the BB with QT, flopped a set of tens, check called the flop, turn and paired river. I got the other guy's whole stack save for 2 BB that had me coved. I busted him on his rebuy too.

S

Szachajevy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I come to final table I feel just super amazing. Its one of biggest pleasure in my life :D I cant even descirbe this feeling but even word "amazing" is too weak I think. I feel power then :D

Maikychan

Maikychan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In poker, I feel great when:

1. Make a good fold... (when I can see the oponnent's cards).
2. Apply a bad beat.
3. Running good and make much money.
4. Bluff successful.

SLazarov

SLazarov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. Folding a good hand, but eventually see that I would have lost if stayed
2.winning a bluff hand
3.advancing to final table

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best condition is when during the game you are not distracted. Also, the main thing is that the card goes well in the game and the river saves you from losing the stack.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi mate.When I take the right decisions during a session,and of course,when I reach the final table and win the tournament.I´m also satisfied when I´m ITM.

Cam54

Cam54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it's being on my game .. making good decisions ... without having to even think about them ... kind of that automatic pilot thing where I just do the right things and can't do wrong ... and it does feel pretty good ...

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
when my straight and flush hits and I win a big pot and reach the ITM without any problem

quartz

quartz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What makes me feel great when playing is when my hands hold when they need to and the beats don't completely negate hours of work for days running but that's the extreme side of variance and those downswings are eventually counterbalanced by playing well.

You definitely have to always question whether poker is giving you back what you're putting in (if not in monetary then in entertainment-value terms) so I think it's great to think about what makes you feel good playing the game

elJenio8

elJenio8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Makes me feel good when i dont get a lot of bad beats..

Im not even asking for a good sesion, just a normal sesion...

DTMath

DTMath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you are dealt the cards you are ok going all-in against the person at the table that goes all-in every hand. The same if someone else at the table has the cards to do it. Reaching the final table is a big one.