What is the main thing in poker?

Redbull199030

Redbull199030

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
many beginners ask the question: what is the main thing in poker? There is no one exact answer, since each player has his own concepts in the game, it is important for someone to enjoy and adrenaline, and for you what is most important in poker

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, it's a Game. Game itself. And of course money! Quickly win a lot of money. So money is a priority.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maintaining the faculty of reason.

To put this another way...preventing tilt, or at least identifying tilt when it is happening.

The best players are going to be the ones who have studied the game, have direct experience with playing a winning style, and have the ability to keep emotions out of their head so they can make decisions rationally.

This isn't just poker advice either, philosophers dating back to antiquity have been telling us to control our emotions and strengthen our minds. Think about it for just a brief moment, if you were able to always think rationally (100% of the time) you would never have anxiety/fear/worry/etc.

Make it your goal (in poker and life) to strengthen your mind so you may always maintain the faculty of reason. :)

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Main thing

Over the many years of playing poker, for me anyways, learning to play with patience is Key. Certainly haven't mastered the game yet but for sure have increased my winnings playing with patience and not "pushing" so so hands or playing against a player on tilt and not playing my cards.

Good luck to you all at the tables!

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
many beginners ask the question: what is the main thing in poker? There is no one exact answer, since each player has his own concepts in the game, it is important for someone to enjoy and adrenaline, and for you what is most important in poker
In my opinion, the main tging is to be able to handle correctly all important capabilities at the same time. Motivation, discipline, patience, self control, attention, game choice, bankroll management, poker math, strategies...

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Proper state of mind. I wish I could somehow freeze the right mood/attitude and use it all the time. I am sure I would be able to increase the stakes quite fast.

J

JRTHEKING

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely patience and bankroll management. It sounds so simple but both are not so easy to master on the poker battlefield.

S

Szachajevy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me most important thing is patience, its hardest part for me, I'm working on it. Emotion control is very important too and right decision making in right time

Erik moraes

Erik moraes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In fact, it is not just a thing, but a set! Of course the bankroll is important but if you have not added it to the experience, malice and patience will not be valid. This is the set to be a winner in poker (not forgetting luck).

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
is to recognize the importance and strength of the hands to be able to play through study and consent since if you master this you can determine which hands to play and which not

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
For me the most important thing to remember is rake. You may be winning a couple hands, but is it paying you more than the rake that is constantly being deducted from your stack.

The best comparison is can you afford the 10 percent they charge you in sportsbetting. You have to do better than 50-50 to break even.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think that the main thing is compliance with bankroll management. Because even if you are a very good player, improper bankroll management can bring you many problems.

pokergopher

pokergopher

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Have the discipline to wait for good hands is a key factor for me. Secondary is have patience to think through the hands after the flop. Especially online it is far too easy to be click fast and make a poor decision. Use your timebank and think through your decision to make the correct one.

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Patience no matter what!! And skills of course!

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, the main thing in poker is managing a bankroll, to be focused on the game and make fewer mistakes that have already been, and most importantly to win money in a cash game or somewhere in tournaments and so that the game runs in +!

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bankroll management, poker math, patience. This is enough to play tight in tournaments and win. These three components complement each other, each of them is important, if one thing is removed, it will not work.

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
The main thing in poker is to start the game with a positive mood. Set yourself up for patience, try to play on cards, while not being afraid to bluff. Take into account your bankroll. Watch the game go. If the game does not work, you must try to exit the poker room on time and get distracted by other things.:)8

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me personally, the most important thing in poker fold button (the ability to reset a losing even a very strong hand) and of course the desire and ability to learn!

H

HaroldHouse

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me the most important thing is to enjoy the game. I know my skill level so I dont have to concentrate on the money because I am a long way from "making money" from playing. I am a no deposit player so its Ok for me to occassionally cash and once in a while win, just as its ok for me to lose. Most of the CC freerolls are at 3 and 4AM here so if Im not tired I play a freeroll for my own personal enjoyment. My wife and 4 kids are asleep so its little bit of ME time. I study when possible and I daydream of winning big someday. I try to enjoy the game and learn a little as I go. If it stops being fun Ill stop playing, but I really enjoy the CC freerolls and when I do cash or win its enough to enjoy a few games of buy in tournaments. So thanks Cardschat for freerolls with prizepools large enough to make the games enjoyable and worthwhile.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Probably the most painful place for everyone and me is not to lose a bankroll. Everything else matters less.

maxivega

maxivega

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1 money
2nd Money
3rd money

:D:D
Basically most this to make money, but the feeling of winning and beat your opponents through strategies, patience, pressure, etc; it's something amazing. Also when you achieve deceive and to keep the well.

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Enough money, skill, experience, good luck in the short term, less luck in the long term. And of course you have to like poker.