what is the main thing in poker?

NevermoreSF1

NevermoreSF1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many newcomers ask the question: what is the main thing in poker? There is no one exact answer, because for each player there are their main concepts in the game.
To be honest, for me the most important thing is development. Communication, pleasure) What is the most important for you?

M

mico595

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Psychology, Mathematics, Chance ...

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
winning attitude, discipline, and patience

S

SlavaUa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it is concentration.

Comdemn

Comdemn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many newcomers ask the question: what is the main thing in poker? There is no one exact answer, because for each player there are their main concepts in the game.
To be honest, for me the most important thing is development. Communication, pleasure) What is the most important for you?

The most important thing in poker is an honest victory, with equal conditions! Only in the case of equality, the winner is worthy of being called the best):)

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The main thing and what I believe in poker is patience.

jfmcd86

jfmcd86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play with Concentration and Patience, this is my main thing for poker. Everyone has there own Poker Strategies, but this works best for me.

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I enjoy the challenge and the competion . I hope to be successful enough to continue getting into higher staked games and higher skilled opponents .

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It is experiences, because they can help you most than enything to imroove your game.

Stonerkitten

Stonerkitten

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The main thing for me is just to always keep learning/researching, try learn from mistakes and not get over confident when I'm winning.

N

NBB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To add a little levity to this Extremely generic question.
The Main thing in poker is “ WIN”

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
There are three main factors :
first of all - patience;
secondly - concentration;
and good mood - thirdly.
I am sure, that to be a successful player you need to have all three factors.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, the main thing in poker is to be concentrated on any game, have patience for victory, and in some cases I need luck, but also tries to win money of course, everyone has their own concept!

NevermoreSF1

NevermoreSF1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, the main thing in poker is to be concentrated on any game, have patience for victory, and in some cases I need luck, but also tries to win money of course, everyone has their own concept!
concentration is very important!

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Concentration, poker for me helps in keeping concentration and making decisions not only on the table but also in people's lives. keep the cold head and the most important poker for me.

ms_attack

ms_attack

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
For me one first position is to win money. If i lost a hand or i lost a tournament i will lost with a correct playing.

R

ricardibreezer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pretty vague question. The main thing evolves with your level. At first its probably somethimg simple like learning rankings of hands, probability of making them. Then it becomes basic strategy, playing in position etc.

For me the "main thing" at the moment in my game, is probably my "% of hands won at showdown".

I have a high % of hands won without showdown due to my aggression (usually 25%ish of all hands, 6-max cash) but i find that usually the more pots won without showdown = less pots won at showdown - this is due to my bluff frequency being high and getting called down occasionally given how often i bluff or semi bluff.

Reducing bluffing increases pots won at showdown, ergo reduces number of pots won without showdown. So i need to hit the sweet spot to stay aggressive, but also win over 50% showdowns.

S

SeriousBizzness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WIN

for me and im no pro, but its putting yourself in the best possible situation to win. if its learning how someone bets, or finding a pattern. but i do way better playing poker at a table than i do online. i cant really get a feel for the players. i know thats crazy right

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The main thing in poker is patience. And the ability to learn from mistakes (better than other people).

ssory83

ssory83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, an important thing in poker is seriousness, understanding, patience and respect. I know I'm hard to do, but if you are not ordered, you will not be able to make money from poker. :)

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Knowing the math alone can boost your success a fair bit.