What Kind of Poker Do You Like Best & Why?

KeyJey

KeyJey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What kind of poker do you like best? And why? And what exactly do you like to play spin & go, MTT, cashew games?

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have always been a fan of games that allow for shorter sessions but still pack excitement.

45-180 man SNGs are a format that hits both of these points nicely. You get the excitement of playing for 10-20x your entry fee and also the game only takes 2 hours.

I have been playing a lot of these lately on ACR, and I also find they are great practice for MTTs. It's nice to get to play deep stacked, shorthanded, bubbles, headsup and to get to practice all the key tournament poker concepts!

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I was playing full time for my income though, 6-max cash games were the best option hands down.

Shorthanded play allows you to get in more hands with weaker players if you are game selecting well, and it allows for much more play the full ring games.

I started out with 10 handed games, and they were a great place to learn solid play, but when it came to really maximizing both my hourly rate and enjoyment, nothing compared to shorthanded cash games.

And now with the advent of zoom/blitz/rush games... the action's even faster!

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I really like holdem, especially the short table. In other words, sit & go HU and spins.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer MTTs as they are less risky (only your buyin is in danger) and you can win much more than you buyin if you get deep.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like best PLO8 poker format - it requires more analytical skills and depends less on luck. Hold'em includes much more luck.

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I prefer No limit Hold'em tourneys and sit go tables.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My favorite is MTT or Sit & Go, maybe Spin & Go.
The best thing about MTTs is that you have to fight your way through a big field and of course the big payout isn’t bad in the end either. :)

S

scindor

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When I was young we played 5 cards no show Poker, but nowadays I prefer Holdém . Easy to learn hard to master

A

abpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No limit Texas hold 'em. Mostly because the no limit aspect allows you to apply maximum pressure whenever you want. Overall, I think cash games, mainly because you can start and stop whenever you want.

T

Tolyanchemp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of all I like to play big and marathon, sometimes I play spin and go to slightly increase the bank roll to participate to enter your favorite tournaments))

Tbone461

Tbone461

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play PLO because I love the thrill of the chase!

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I like to play sits and go, for the time they seem good to me, I also like tournaments but, the bad thing is, you need a lot of time to play it, plus you can spend a couple of hours, and get eliminated nearby of awards.

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to play MTT more than cash games. When I can win a tournament and defeat a lot of opponents, my feeling is over the moon. Besides, in MTT, you have to adjust your strategy with your stack and each period of the tour, so I feel MTT looks more strategic.

I

imhereforfreerolls

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love MTTs, personally i think it's the most skill-profit even type of game. If you play really well, in the long run you will end up with some pretty good gains.

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like & play all games where there's a lo

N

ntf1125

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like MMTs & Sit & Go.
Spin & Go is a just gamble. Therefore, I play it with free ticket only.

Joco413

Joco413

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
S&G and cash tables. They aren't time consuming at all.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play hold'em from the start of poker. And I like to play more unlimited so it’s faster and easier. Limit slow and having an excellent card you get a minuscule in the bank and can not drive fish away from the table.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like freerolls the most. I do not like to risk my own money, so freerolls are the best option for me.

S

Suzana2304

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Texas Holdem , I have played just this kind of poker and saw the others , but dor me this is most interested.

dylangarcia3

dylangarcia3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Holdem, and i prefare to play long tournument

gjwalk

gjwalk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like games like 8-game and Horse. I grew up playing "dealers choice" playing poker with friends. I like the variety and the challenge of playing different games.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like long tournaments, currently it is what I like the most, in my beginnings I was a fan of sit and go of 27 and 45 people, and all holdem:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4: