what kind of figure do you consider yourself to be?

mardasenia

mardasenia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you compare poker with playing chess, then what kind of figure do you consider yourself to be?

For example, I consider myself a pawn!

Last edited by a moderator:
christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in terms of the strength of the pieces I am far from a pawn but also far from a king I think that in terms of the level of the pieces I would compare my level of play with a knight or Bishop.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im the Knight. Poker feels like 3 steps forward and one step back or vice versa.

When I first read the OP post, initial thought was a Knight. This member nailed my thoughts on why.

Great question, never seen this ask before.

mardasenia

mardasenia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in terms of the strength of the pieces, I am far from the pawn, but also far from the king. I think that in terms of the level of pieces, I would compare my level of play with a knight or bishop. ...
Are knight and bishop equal pieces in chess?

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think in poker you have to be a queen, the strongest chess piece, otherwise you won't be able to win.:)

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Congratulations on posing a fun and insightful question for us to answer! I know that I am not a pawn because I can vary my movements depending upon the situation. Maybe the queen? I don't think so because I'm not usually, if ever, the most powerful player on the board. Maybe the king because you must beat me in order for you to win? Probably not because the king is a pretty passive piece and I am an aggressive player, so that leaves the bishop, knight, and rook (castle). I'm not flashy like the knight who makes fancy hook shots to defeat it's opponent. The bishop can cover the board diagonally, while the rook covers it in straight line either forward or sideways. So which of those am I? Do I attack my opponents head on like the rook, or do I flank them like the bishop? I am definitely the rook. :)

Shawnt

Shawnt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2nd queen

Well first rule of poker is the only way you can lose is if you beat yourself, or let yourself get beat. Good luck on the tables everyone and as always have fun

Shawnt

Shawnt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Iam I wise, or am I ignorant for thinking so? They say if you are a wise man you woul

If you are a wise man you would understand but an understanding you would know that you were not a wise man good luck on the tables everyone and as always have fun

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't find a comparison between the two games. :(:(
Neither do I, maybe it's because I'm not a chess expert I only know the basics but I don't see any relationship between poker and chess

mardasenia

mardasenia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone should take into account that a pawn is the only piece this, reaching the end, can become equal to the queen, hence the conclusion that this is not a weak piece - the main thing is to be able to use it!

Shawnt

Shawnt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I figure I'm an outstanding figure

I'm the best I can be good luck on the tables everyone, and as always have fun

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. I am any piece that can go anywhere on the board. That's, alright. Crazy, huh?

Subel007

Subel007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think i am pawn,but pawn can became equal to Queen

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
The king - slow and passive in the early stages of the game but, if I stay alive for long enough, gaining more and more importance towards its end.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
A stranger on earth (a human being). I need clothes, coats, heaters, fans... to live well. The animals of the earth do not need these things or businesses. You know, they are the original inhabitants.:D

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am the sacrificial pawn.........

razarach_xD

razarach_xD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you compare poker with playing chess, then what kind of figure do you consider yourself to be?

For example, I consider myself a pawn!
Mmm, this is (with poker) my best hobby curently.... I do play a lot but never did this... so...
I thank I'm a Rook... Because when I was little I was always trying to get them early out so I can just clear the board with them... useless strategy !
Today I rarely touch the rooks until mid game (except castling) because when I start to develop rooks, means all my other weapons are in position or failed to execute their commands...
With that said, rook is transforming from slow heavy figure to big strong one...
Woaw, nicely said ! :)

But we are all kings, wanted or not....