What image do you prefer other players to have?

jadaminato

jadaminato

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi there! I have recently discovered the ability to use what other players think of me. In general, I think I like to be considered a very tight player, so that they respect my bets and allow me to take a bluff once in a while. But sometimes it has happened to me that I am exposed as a liar and then I have had the magnificent pleasure of being paid with anything, and then I get the best value of my strong hands. And you, what image do you prefer to project on the table?

wyoming4paul

wyoming4paul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The opposite of what you are.

T

twoG1cup

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nit or Tag of course. I notice a lot of them in 1$ and above tournaments.

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The Rock (tight-passive)

A Rock only plays few hands and is a player who rarely bets and very rarely raises

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Donkey is the table image I go for. To get paid often.
But people mostly say I am a pain in the behind

Boston10111

Boston10111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Loose cannon

Sometimes in the beginning of a tournament I make bad plays or stupid bluffs and make myself look bad. Part of this intentional as I don’t lose much chips since the blinds are tiny.

So when I do hit the big hand and make a big bet I get paid off cause people thought I was screwing around again.

I’d rather people think I’m an idiot fish so they don’t trust me when I do bet big with a monster hand.

Tight image can be good though especially deeper in a tournament when bluffing becomes a little more necessary to build a big stack to get to the final table with

Gaviria8

Gaviria8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the other guys see me as LOOSEEEEEEE because they will call to my bets so easy, so I can get the most value possible.

N

nameless1537

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like TAG that borders on LAG. I want to be unpredictable, and have as much fear and fold equity on my side as I can. It comes in handy if I can win some pots with crap hole cards or flops that I totally miss.

C

ChicoRSC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The same than u..... because sometimes the bluff is needed... and... if u have no the tight image, it probably put u in a trouble

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For the last two months I have been making notes about players and it has helped me a lot. I consider such notes an effective mechanism that allows me to understand what style of play my opponents are using.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have been playing poker for 10 years. I usually prefer tournaments. During all this time, I realized that the most successful and profitable image is the image of a patient player, so I always try to be patient and it brings me profit.

A

Amoh2001

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don’t like being seen as anything. The harder it is to place what kinda player I am the better

M

MilkLegs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Agree that note taking has helped a bunch sometimes.. I made a hero call recently because of me reading a note about a players tendency to 3 barrel and bomb rivers hard with a wide range.. got me to call a 2.5x pot bet on the river in a cash game with top pair-mid kicker when I couldn't even remember playing them before.

izmoroc

izmoroc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually "strange", "rude", any unpleasant pics of other players are disturbing me(
As you know on PStars there are many russians, and some of them use
swear words on their usepic.

On the other hand, usually they play not too good and aggressive without good cards, so it can help.

And I used to use the standard pics from the site, changing them regulary:)

O

Oxinthewater

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would prefer to to be seen as a TAG, but I will work with whatever image the cards may have given me up to that point and see if I can leverage it.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always have a reputation for being an aggressive fish, and that's what they pay me for:D

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Really don't look at it like that. Have no idea what others perceive me as or do I care to guess. Every table is different, have to figure what you can get away with based on that moment.

Having history on players and how those are playing, gives me all the information needed. What they think of me is immaterial.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I prefer to be considered maniac. Because players ever become more exploitable making a lot of mistakes.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I do not care what my opponents think of me. I just try to be patient and make informed decisions.

felipem29

felipem29

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
multi-faceted...

I always try to show that I am a difficult player to see, that sometimes it shapes, that sometimes I am very aggressive, sometimes I put everything, or sometimes I constantly summarize, players like that are very difficult to read, you can have any hand ... I am one of them :cool::cool::cool:

C

celtics33

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its best not to be 1 image but to change often. this will throw your opponents off and many times they will be forced into mistakes. i try to switch every 30 min. in some tournaments. if im exploiting a certain table with one image, I will sometimes keep it until im forced to show. then i will instantly switch.

noLatenzy

noLatenzy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like when people floate, because I can value bet well.

F

fourroses

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am tight player ,but I make a bluff in good possition ,but when someone rise I fold and I wait since I get a good hand then I call und when they rise again I go all in ,so most I douple my stak

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Tight and Agressive

I'm with you, jadaminato. I prefer to be though of by the other players a tight and aggressive. I want the other players to think oh no, if he's in the hand then he definitely has something, and it's going to cost me a lot of chips if I hang around. And yes, when I'm in a pot it usually costs someone a lot of chips. Sometimes me.