What if your wife hates poker ,what will you do ?

S

sheldon20264

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I had a wife, her dislike of poker wouldn't have played a big role, she doesn't like poker, let her not play

lyudiko

lyudiko

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Perhaps you spend a little time with her?
Buy her jewelry, it usually helps))

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I promised my wife years ago that I would never use my credit card to deposit any money into any poker site without her permission.
Which I have kept to, but after I started to build a bankroll in my online accounts she agreed to me playing in live games at various pubs,
On one occasion she reminded me that she needed extra cash to buy swimwear for our holidays due to start in a week, just as I was leaving for one game,
I told her she could have my winnings and because she was up earlier than me the next morning I said I would leave it on the coffee table.
The next day I phoned her at work and said "I see you found that £120 on the table I left you"
"Yes" she said "surely you didn't win all that at the Pub?"
"I did" I replied "and stop calling me Shirley"

S

SubZero111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If my wife was to dislike poker, she would be forced to like it. Maybe by brainwashing or by other methods..Lol. Fourtunately we dont have that issue...

rodo 2285

rodo 2285

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In general, we schedule days to do things together and others do not, there I take advantage of playing to not have to leave a game to do something agreed. for now it works:D

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, that is tough too swallow. Can't imagine it being a happy household if see finds out.

S

Sebarios59

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They do not hate poker itself, they hate or dislike the fact that we spend a long time in front of the computer or that we could lose money that affects the home economy. In my case, poker helps my family's economy, since I work as a dealer :D

Last edited:
Therminator

Therminator

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well here in Murica, if someone doesn't like what I do, they can go f**k themselves. If this is really that big of a deal to the wife , than maybe it was not meant to be. Most likely though they are just blowing it out of proportion and they can come up with a compromise like reasonable people.

I

ivan petrovic

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I will go All-in

Maybe i dont love ,that my wife every day have to go to do something like coloring hair ,set nails,look for this cream(intense moisture with vitamin E for dry skin)that cream(for night with some aragain? oil)and on end micellar water to take off all that from face.If he does not jeopardize financially family with his playing,I will set to see how play poker and said everything like in mail,gooooo All-in:eek::eek::elefant:

F

futureballoon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Find a new wife. Just kidding ;)

Look for a compromise and see if she can understand what it is about poker that I really like and why I play it.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There
Well it seems that we have the same problem all over the world with all wifes
If somebody has the solution please let me know
Rgds

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There
Well it seems that we have the same problem all over the world with all wifes
If somebody has the solution please let me know
Rgds
someone answered ,get another one .hahahah but hope you will find one that doesn't

Adrian2809

Adrian2809

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My wife really hates poker, but she has nothing to do because I like this game and this hobby, and so as not to be upset or quarrels she leaves me in my world and of course she also comes from time to time and watches how i play.

P

Puerta2005

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would listen to her, i always do

gena31

gena31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
there's nothing to be done, you have to find a compromise, say that poker was and will be :)

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
You must convince your wife that poker is a lucrative business and she will love poker.

B

bempassado

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My wife once gave me an ultimatum:

"You will have to choose poker or me"

I still miss her.

T

TheDev

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Happy wife = Happy life

Although, if your in a good relationship, your wife shouldn't be stopping you from playing poker unless you have a problem with it. They should be understand to the fact that it is an activity you enjoy to partake in. But if it has become a problem financially, or caused you to spend an unreasonable amount of time away from your family then she probably has some justification in asking you to stop playing.

Dkerridge14

Dkerridge14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, due to the fact it is gambling and a lot of people DO NOT see it as a game of skill and are not open to see it that way then the only real way would be to build a bankroll consistently without any financial difficulty and to share the rewards with her. Definitely don’t lie as it will effect your relationship dramatically but you are both entitled to do as you please but she should accept it if you truly love the game. Again though as much as I love poker, it isn’t worth electing your personal life with family and friends.

A

Alberto Martinez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bartering

My wife, bless her heart, does not like poker, football or things like that. She does like thriftstores, Goodwills, and yardsales. What I do is play freerolls and build a bankroll and play on that. Sometimes I get frustrated 'cause the freerolls sometimes come at inopportune times and I lose. One day she surprised me and put money in for me! Just when you think! She saw how the freeroll timing was affecting my performance and that I would quietly walk away defeated time and again; so, she fixed it. Sometimes if you just push on with what you got, you might get further than you really expected. GOD bless you. Now, go get'em!

A

Alberto Martinez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Life

let her go that bad wife
Poker is a Game, WIFE is real LIFE! Wives put a balance that MAN not only needs but Has to Have. Behind every great man there is always a Great Woman! GOD bless you.

A

Alberto Martinez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Accept you as you are?

Wife and poker things are incompatible) But in fact, I think if a girl has become your wife, then she should accept you as you are and not interfere with what you want to do
If a woman married you, she should accept you as you are (if she married you, then she did; but did she really know you?) That's the part that you omitted as well as the part that you should Accept her as She is! If you love Her. GOD bless you.