What I love about poker

L

LukeSilver

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was thinking about this recently and just thought it was interesting the thing that I love the most about poker.
In life people have a natural pecking order a lot of people will try to deny this exists either because they really are that naive or because they are in denial or simply because they are outright lying for whatever reason.

Socially some people are considered better then others and if someone appears to be doing better then others perceive they should be either socially or in terms of finances etc people actively try to sabotage them. I have witnessed this in my own life multiple times both as the victim of this and also witnessed other people been the victims of this.

However in poker if someone wants to sabotage me or attempt to ruin me they will pay it for financially thats just a fact. there are players that can beat me sure but these players are or should be playing higher stakes if they drop down to play me sure they can hurt me but they will lose money in oppertunity cost.

poker is one of the few places where politics cant ruin you.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker is tougher than politics
in poker it is impossible to agree[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
For me, poker is fun, an opportunity to be distracted after a hard day's work. Also, I believe that poker is a game that develops the patience and discipline of the player.
Good luck.

SillentHunterZ

SillentHunterZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, possibility to earn money.

L

LukeSilver

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker is tougher than politics
in poker it is impossible to agree[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

when i mentioned politics i meant things like workplace politics and social politics within a particular localised group not politics in the sense of who we vote for.

However there are those that for whatever reason decide that if you disagree with them politically that you are the scum of the earth and they will do everything to ruin your life. You are now irredeemable you can never be forgiven and absolutely everything that can be done must be done to ruin your life in the hope that you eventually kill yourself.

ironically the people that behave like this go around calling everyone else fascist when they literally fit the exact definition of this themselves.

another fun thing about poker is that everyone is a complete flawless genius who will never make mistakes unless it is them in the hand of course.

"oh yeah i totally would have folded the QQ there it was obvious he had pocket AA I knew he did." sure buddy thats why you called of your stack and busted last week with second pair on the board did you know he had top pair then?

and yeah i like the fact i can make money from the game but there are plenty of activities we can do to make money.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what I like most about poker is that it allowed me to better manage my emotions and to be patient when it turned out to be necessary in everyday life. it also gave me a better understanding of human nature. By observing the reactions and emotions of others, we better understand how they function. This is a beneficial quality in a professional and personal setting. Above all, it allowed me to stop reacting impulsively and to learn to put things into perspective. my conflicts are therefore rationalized and taken with a grain of salt, which has allowed me to learn from my mistakes, whether in poker or in real life. The ability to learn is not always innate and poker helps develop it

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never thought about it while playing poker. For me, poker is just a game of chance where you can get money. Poker is far from politics...

PINOY

PINOY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Before Poker is added stress especially when on down swing but now it's a stress reliever for me after a stressful day.

Entrik

Entrik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I like almost everything about poker, except when people accept without fed pairs ...

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]