What is the hardest lesson you’ve learned about poker?

24rules187

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i think the hardest lesson I learned is no hand is safe, anything can lose to anything pre flop, you can have AA and the villain can have 2 7 and he can still beat you, what about you guys?

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Do not play all your money at once

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Along the same lines as AA vs. 72 pre-fop, 92% favored to win on the turn also means 8% likely to lose - and I do mean LIKELY.

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That AA and KK are NOT great hands, theres a lot of posibilities, so...no al in.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hold'em goes by subjective standards while reality plays on objective standards. AA will still lose 1 to 4 to a wide variety of hands pre. Also hold'em has no edges these days $5/10 and up you should learn another variant to make you a well rounded player...now you dont have to be philus ivey but know atleast Omaha.

A

Aknight3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably realizing the large difference between live and online...you see things online that just never happen live and if they do it's like once in your entire playing career lol...you have to look at it as they are two different games

vladloza

vladloza

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker eventually teaches that everything that happens at the tables should be evaluated over a long distance.

catchitfool

catchitfool

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the hardest lessing i still have is folding when i know im beat.

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The edges are small and take time to add up - stay the course and don't let the swings in the short-term distract/distress you.

Good luck!

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The hardest lesson was a few years ago. I was going really well in a good tournament, and suddenly my internet connection was lost for many hours, so i can,t win any serious money in that day and that was really dissapointing.

bmw1983kaz

bmw1983kaz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The hardest lesson was a few years ago. I was going really well in a good tournament, and suddenly my internet connection was lost for many hours, so i can,t win any serious money in that day and that was really dissapointing.
That must of sucked ass big time.

mariuspoker1

mariuspoker1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The hardest lesson which i learned by playing poker is that now you can be up having a big bankroll and tomorrow your bankroll can be at zero.:D So the lesson is: nothing is certain in life!:D

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I realized that the game needs patience and caution, I agree with you that even AA can lose many times to small cards, I've already seen it many times in the game!

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I totally agree with you the best lesson I learn sitting at the table you can have any hand both strong and weak and win or lose many times I retire with A-A all ik should not worry perp throw us a viztazo to the flop with a good raise sometimes comes out better
:star:

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just when you think you have been kicked and beat down as low as you can go
in poker and things can not get any worse.:eek:
You get run over by a bus:hahaha::goodnight

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Slow play - You pain . Many times I became convinced of the truth of this saying. Now I play slowplay only with nuts, which can not be beaten.

T

tb87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The hardest lesson I learned is that even though a bad player may make a terrible raise or call and somehow win, it does not mean you should change the way you played the hand.

Erik moraes

Erik moraes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the hardest lesson is knowing you're never nuts

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The most difficult thing is to bluff correctly without losing most of the stack.

lanelane

lanelane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

The hardest lesson for me was / is to throw away strong hands.
I still lose a lot because I can't throw.

Last edited:
pedrovitorcosta

pedrovitorcosta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
AA isnt the best hand you can get rsrsrrsrs

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Perhaps this is not a lesson, but a good skill: learn patience and self-control. This is important and difficult.

oneybiggs

oneybiggs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bankroll management is essential for long term professional poker...i still havnt managed it at all as of yet,hoping to have one worth managing after this phase two 20k im playing at party poker as i type :) gl all.
Nope just got taken out in about 300th by AA and im sure he had AA on the hand before which i was forced to fold...$8.80 and back to the drawing board...gutted :(

Last edited:
FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Through this game, I realized how important patience is in our lives. And this applies to absolutely every aspect.