What do You Think of Hellmuth's rage fit on K2os at WSOP?

A

audacity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did anyone catch Phil's tantrum on getting beat by a K2 unsuited?

I found it kind of entertaining - Phil goes 'That guy's been at me all night - and K2 unsuited ? REALLY ? '

I saw it on front page of news google actually.

I have a love hate relationship with Hellmuth- he really serves charity- he's given away all of his bracelet's except one - says it may be lost by the washing machine but... REAL TOP class guy in the sense of community.

But he has his moments with managing emotions (don't we all though?)... In some ways- I find it adorable.

I like Phil's talks with Doug Polk on youtube.

One of the BEST stories I heard was Phil said - Yeah - my FIRST tournament - I saved up like 7k - and went and hit the cash tables and lost a bunch but saved JUST enough for the big tourney I wanted in - and I was all the way down - (something about a guy named Chan in the hand) - and I had TWO 2's - and I won... He then proceeded to talk about going out to the streets in the city to realize he won 82k or something like that- REAL neat story that HAD IT NOT BEEN - for those TWO 2's ! ! This post might not exist, he may never have launched forward into the big leagues.

I'm just a goofy small time player, so I don't chase wsop or anything big - but the people that DO play at the top - I derive value from them - either on INSIGHTS I can learn from or in Phil's case- he's just a run ride- if he DOESN'T blow up ? you just know it's a great friendly game to be in, and even if he DOES blow up? you just know it's a great game to be in... Clearly I like drama.

OK I go now ! (JK) I can't post in political forums anymore - I just can't do it - can't do IRC - so - lucky CardsChat - this might be my platform to turn a smile or cater to my codependent needs to talk to people :)

Shady Slim

Shady Slim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
People like Hellmuth and Trump that are egotistical and like blowing their own horn I have absolutely zero respect for. I would never be friends with someone with this type of personality. Their success just doesnt impress me much when they behave the way they do. Their are lots of successful people in the world that have a quiet dignity and they are the ones I admire.

S

sheltowee420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil tantroms

I used to get confused watching Phil rant, then I started playing a lot and I totally understand how frustrating it is losing to a dumb call. But, Phil was just wrong this time.

A

Aknight3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
While it.may have made for good tv at the time it was happening, in the overall picture it exposes a pretty big problem within poker imo...if i would have said and done the exact same thing at the table that he did...penalty...its disappointing to see players that should be held to a higher standard act like that. his tantrum affected that hand and that guys tourney life...if phil didnt do all that shit the dude ahead of him he wouldn't have called with two shoves...he 100% gave him the signal "hey, im folding"...whether he wanted to or not (and imo, thats exactly what he wanted) is another story in itself.

Sorry for the rant but this particular issue is a ginormous personal pet peeve of mine...the fact that i hate phil doesnt help either lol

J

johnson2000d

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil - Violation

Phil should be reprimanded with a suspension from the main event in 2019,

You dont talk out of turn much less give your position away - he was obviously going to fold after the rant

The player before him had not acted!!!

A

Aknight3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats why hellmuth is an idiot. He doesnt care about anyone but himself...i wish wsop would have suspended him or penalized him at minimum

xkenjix

xkenjix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hes a crybaby and people tolerate him cuz he wins tournaments and hes good for tv. But as a player, hes good

L_E_U

L_E_U

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get such a narcissist and self entitlement vibe from him.. just the way he talks and the rants. he's one of those guys that can't believe that 1% bad beat just won over you... it happens and it sucks..

WSOP