What do you think about mood in the game?

Xela7778

Xela7778

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How your mood influence to the game?

STL FAN

STL FAN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A persons mood can be seen by their actions, how much does the player acknowledge from their present mood, how their mood affects them in the moment? A person’s mood can have a direct effect how a person picks a MTT tournament? For example, when playing a tournament that I will usually play in the morning, it is an R/A tournament, I need to accumulate around 19K in chips either before or this total after the add on period; this will give me the best chance to FT and then eventually win without feeling the need to min cash.

When I am not in the mood to play LA, I need to find a better tournament to play that fits my mood and skill set as an example. Maybe look for a game were my advantage would be to play more TA and shorter late registration. From this example, when my mood affects my actions, mistakes pre and post based on entering the wrong game can affect the outcome. The next question can I adjust if I get into the wrong game or adjust the pick of my game properly to fit my mood? I believe our mood is very important when accessing our play and games we enter.

J

JaneMars312

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your mood impacts on your game a lot. I try to play always in a good mood, nothing shouldn`t distract me and my attention from the game

K

Kristi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You always have to be set up for success, power of thoughts always work.

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
The deal will be done either way if you are in a bad mood then you will change to happy, if you are in a happy mood and get a bad beat then your mood will change drastically. :deal:

bizarez

bizarez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am sure that mood affects everything in our lives. I'm choosing a tournament or zoom or SNG or ... actually often motivated by short-term attitude ... even though it's not right !!! Rightly of course to approach the game with crystal-clean and cold noddle, calm balanced ... but we are only a humans!

George Lewis

George Lewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are in a bad mood then do not play or stop if you already are. You need to be focused and ready at all times or just stop and take a break. A guru was once asked how long you should or could stay in a head stand. He responded as long as you are comfortable. If you are not comfortable or in this case in a negative mood stop playing. The tables will be there when you feel better.

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always try to be be in good mood for poker...

D

Dima666

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
without a chance to win a mood close to 0, you begin to shy away from everything and play stupid, without sentiments have nothing to do here

maikl2602KML

maikl2602KML

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you need to play poker in a good mood and strive for the goal . on my experience , I always proigrival in a bad mood in .a good was always positive . )

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Xela7778 and welcome to Cardschat. You have asked a question that everyone will answer about the same. Mood has a big empact on our game. If it's bad, don't play. If it's good play, but if you have something happen during the game that makes your mood change, then either quit, or put it in check quickly and forget it, because there is nothing you can do about it. I know I've already used myself as an example that applies to this question too. Monday-Wensday I have only played 2 MTTs and that was Mon evening and it cost me $40 and I was out very quick, but I did not re-enter or re-buy in those because I knew I would lose more if I did. I'm a serious player when it comes to my BR. So I've been on break until today. My shitty mood is gone and I'm ready to play as many MTTs as I can all day long. Besides saving my BR, the break has been good even if I've felt like crap the whole time I've been away. I'm a human again. GL you you

dgospa

dgospa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If i am in bad mood i don't play poker anymore. Bad mood is bad for me and mine bankroll, simple as that.

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Now, if I could just it does make a diff be in a good mood all the time....I'd never lose...it does make a difference no doubt.

O

Oleg196

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The mood at the beginning of the game does not affect the game itself. The mood can change many times.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can not win at poker if we do not remain calm in any situation. Of course this is easier said than done especially after a bad bid.

T

Two6JJ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to play no matter what. Even if not in the best of moods my first hand seems to loosen some of that bad thoughts, even if it is 72o.

Fish2014

Fish2014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is one of the most important factors in the poker game when you start to play and learn about this topic taught you that when your mood this low or go on tilt the best in this situation is to make a pause in your game and enjoy to do other things while your mood improvement

Skatoosh

Skatoosh

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You always have to be set up for success, power of thoughts always work.

I agree with this.

I think mindset and mood is everything. I think to play good poker, you need to be somewhat neutral in mood but confident and optimistic in your thoughts. if that makes any sense.

So like not be too happy or sad, because that could affect your play style - something you don't want. Rather hope for overall victory and play each hand as best you can to get there.

I think mood is extremely important because it goes hand in hand with mindset and confidence.

Skatoosh

Skatoosh

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The mood at the beginning of the game does not affect the game itself. The mood can change many times.

True. Though it may not affect the game, it does affect your reaction to the game.

For me I feel mood would get in the way of trying to think logically about each hand.

Zacccpanec

Zacccpanec

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you need to constantly stick to a certain style of play, have a game plan and keep it, if suddenly you see that your game is something not right, you have to finish - nothing good will come of it.

K

kaetzchenfg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mood influences playing much. If I am in a bad mood, I play more aggressiv and often I lose. And it depends on, which tournament. If an important one I am more tilt.

M

max chong

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my mood is usually deteriorate during the game !

Xela7778

Xela7778

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
without a chance to win a mood close to 0, you begin to shy away from everything and play stupid, without sentiments have nothing to do here

I agree with you the same to me, I loose all my stac , one time I lost 20bb😭

Top 10 Games