What do you prefer - when you play poker: Music or silence ?

I

IgorBochkarev

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you play - poker ? Music, if so, what?) Or do you concentrate in silence, another option, watch TV?

Last edited by a moderator:
Santiman

Santiman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of the time I will have music playing in the background.. if i'm at a live game.. i'll have one earbud in playing some trans or chill ambient music but am still able to hear what's going on at the table..
...Other times if i really am not in the mood to socialize and there are just idiots at the table.. i'll turn it up to drown em out lol

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Same with me i never play music, when i play poker.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
can't say for sure. It depends on the state of mind. Sometimes you want silence, sometimes music.

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

I like music when I play. I add all genders to the mix from kids music to oldies to reniassance to rock-n-roll to country it tells me how to bet a hand I am in when I get god hole cards. From the all-in rock-n-roll to the conservative grinding of country.

freddydr87

freddydr87

League Champion
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use to watch tv or soccer,but i read a book in were they talk about mainfullness, and who important is to train your brain to be concient on wath you are doing and that way you can concentrate 100% on it,so now i only play,when isnt a very important tournament i relax a little and watch tv/soccer.

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
usually have something playing in the background, either music or youtube or twitch.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I often listen to music during the game. In my opinion, music contributes to concentration.
Good luck.

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how do you play? Music, if so, what?) Or do you concentrate in silence, another option, watch TV?

It all depends on my mood, I rarely listen to music during the game, as it prevents me from focusing on the game, I try to play several tables at once, so I prefer silence.

Jilty

Jilty

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Different vibrations different effects, I prefer the quiet though or I'll put some EDM on or some classical for a short while. I find any music constantly going eventually ends up turning me out but for a time it can be exactly what I needed.

hachile1

hachile1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how do you play? Music, if so, what?) Or do you concentrate in silence, another option, watch TV?

each person has his own way to concentrate, there are people who prefer silence and others with music, I think that the night is better to play, but be careful when you get tired do not continue and good luck

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Silence. You can pick up on tells by observing and listen to your opponents.

D

Darth_Moola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds

I actually like silence for the most part. But if you are a bit tired, I can definitely see how you would benefit from music too. I think the biggest thing is if you feel distracted, then it is not a good idea. You know, like if you are more focused on the show being watched as opposed to the hand being played, then it might not be a good idea.

ACEWOLF56

ACEWOLF56

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on a lot of things (time of day, did I workout yet, where My workstation is today, tourney or cash, etc.,)

maezma

maezma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play listening to music always. It motivates me.

Eriktommy163

Eriktommy163

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play with music. I like take a rock music during the game, it is help me to relax

L

LotharMcDowner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely music, and depends on the time of day and mood I'm going for. Mostly something relaxing, and simple. Classical, EDM stuff without lyrics for the most part. If I start to get a little tired or zoning out while playing then start the rock...

gabpoker

gabpoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play music when I play online but not when playing live.

WhiskeyFix

WhiskeyFix

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Sexy Jazz/Blues [emoji1598][emoji482]