What Do You Play?

MoeJurphy

MoeJurphy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I want to ask everyone what games they grind full time and why?
And also what games do you aspire to grind full time and at what level?

• I grind HUSNG hyper turbo 7/15s level full time. My skill set is in heads up poker and I have received staking and coaching withing this platform.
  • I aspire to grind high stakes HUSNGs along with playing mid-high stake MTTs.
  • I also wish to throw in more live poker over my career.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I play only online , straggling to build a decent bankroll so far but with no success :p I play SnG and MTT at micro limits. My biggest buy in so far is the Big 4.40 at pokerstars. Only regular speed.

I like mostly the structure of the tournaments rather than the cash games although they are more time consuming! The deep run feeling is incomparable for me!

MoeJurphy

MoeJurphy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play only online , straggling to build a decent bankroll so far but with no success :p I play SnG and MTT at micro limits. My biggest buy in so far is the Big 4.40 at Pokerstars. Only regular speed.

I like mostly the structure of the tournaments rather than the cash games although they are more time consuming! The deep run feeling is incomparable for me!

I would suggest finding what SNG plat form you are best at (6max,9max,single table, muulti table, and just grind the hell out of it. It's all about volume, come back to the MTTs when you have a bit or a role or dabble in a couple smaller buy in MTTs whilst grinding SNGs :D

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm all about those SnG and cash games.

With both, I don't go below 9 people tables. I don't hate heads-up tournament poker or cash game poker, it's just that there's far less frequency of profit in them, especially at a higher buy-in level

MoeJurphy

MoeJurphy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm all about those SnG and cash games.

With both, I don't go below 9 people tables. I don't hate heads-up tournament poker or cash game poker, it's just that there's far less frequency of profit in them, especially at a higher buy-in level

I don't play much apart from HU, only mtts really. I prefer 6max for sure, you can get in more hands and play less tight which from mainly playing HU suits me more. I feel 9+ tables everyone plays super nitty.

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't play much apart from HU, only mtts really. I prefer 6max for sure, you can get in more hands and play less tight which from mainly playing HU suits me more. I feel 9+ tables everyone plays super nitty.

That's what gives you the edge, you can get real reads without betting a single chip yourself in 9man if you're vs fish.

MoeJurphy

MoeJurphy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's what gives you the edge, you can get real reads without betting a single chip yourself in 9man if you're vs fish.

6max is softer thoough surely, all the fun players go straight to 6max

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
6max is softer thoough surely, all the fun players go straight to 6max
is it softer when you leak more through blinds and need to play riskier yourself to cope? I don't personally think so.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play SnG hold'em 6-9 people turbo sometimes 360 people, and excellent knockout tournaments for me I like knockout that you can quickly knock out money for knocking out other players,
tournament that go 8-9 hours I do not play, they take a long time, if I play in a long tournament it's just a bounty builder with awards for knocking out, this tournament is worth it to play and beat money from players and raise your bankroll!

M

matnautico

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Right now Im griding the sit&go single table 6max hypers, hope I can stick for a long time.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play tournaments with a small entrance. From 1 to 3 $, but with a lot of players. If you are destined to win at least a good amount.

stefan94

stefan94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am playing in tournaments with micro buy-in , because I still need to practice and learn ..

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play anything that is hyper turbo or knock out, be it 6max, tournaments, hu, etc.

MoeJurphy

MoeJurphy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So looks like the majority are in it for the MTT dream, which is understandable probably the most profitable form of poker online and live atm. Only problem for grinding MTTs full time is the length of time you can put in and unless you finish final 3 its barely worth it.

Grinding SNGs makes a lot more sense and then moving onto MTTs once you have turned a profit over say 10k games. A slow steady profit whilst beating the game instead of this one big score we all dream of.

3d8d044350.jpg

ubo

ubo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played the cache for a very long time, and sometimes sng, now I will switch to sng

J

jesus133

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want to grind in mid-high tournament, and someday play tournaments like lapt or wsoop live.
a lot of reason poker and alcohol, never together

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am in the quest to build my bankroll, I had achieved this month to reach 54 dollars, more yesterday to clear the box, bankrupt bankrupt .. now and come back to fight again, I like to play sng, and some mtt.

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like the $5.50 Hyper Turbos on Betonline where the blinds raise every minute.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
6-max. Like Moe said,,,all the `fun` players play there:damnmate:

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
in poker I play only mtt micro and sometimes low limits !!!!

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play freerolls and grind razz, because is my favorite game