What do you consider a 'good' day?

S

SnGTurbo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just went from about 28$ to 39$ and thats more than a 33% increase for the day. I consider this a great day. I consider about % of my total bankroll to be a great day, however at this point in my $0-to-whatever I can reach challenge I am happy with even a $0.25 increase over the previous day.

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any day that I'm up is good - any day that I'm down is just variance! :D

Snowmobiler

Snowmobiler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any day I can get out of bed is a good day!

S

Sonic_x_Reducer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well the only way to keep your percentage win vs. your bankroll to stay the same as your bankroll goes up is to very steadily move up in stakes. This has not proven a very good strategy for most. If you get to a certain level and are comfortable with the stakes you are playing then I would say it becomes an x dollar amount per day profit that you feel is successfull.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any day where I don't play any tourneys.

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I can hit a set, and let my hands hold up all day long, that's a good day (While making money). And everything else well that's just my normal dayz

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any day where i make it to the toilet in time, don't wake up in a wet bed and generally have no 'accidents' is a good day for me. Pokerwise atm i'm happy with a 2BI day, i'm not a huge volume player so thats ok for me i guess, but its not about results, i'm happy if i make all the right decisions in all my sessions :D (textbook answer)

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To me, even a break even day is good, because as long is it is not a losing day I'm happy

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep any day in profit is a good day.

RogueRivered

RogueRivered

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any day you get to play! Ups and downs are part of the game, but not playing really hurts.

P

paumarhas

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for one i don't have to tattoo loser on my forehead yet.
i don't win everyday and since i play everday that will be expected, i play mostly right now for the experience. this to me is more valuable in the long run. that way it's a no lose situation.
when i feel i'm ready i'll concentrate on a percentage of gain daily. then when i'm secure with that amount i'll increase it so on and so forth.
i have no big dreams of making a living off my winnings, but i do have the dream of being a skilled player. i love this game that much.
now to get back to answering your question.
there have been days that if i stayed away from playing i could of been up $30-$40 dollars, this is all tournament play. so sometimes i don't know when to quit. the fact that i feel i'm ahead and can afford to play another can be my downfall.
in ring games there was only once i came out $15 ahead, i feel i am more pron to tilt in ring games so for now i play them at a minimum. mostly to get site points and come out a few bucks ahead.
gl on the felt, peace. :)

GunslingerZ

GunslingerZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My answer is, when I'm making good decisions. You see, poker is one long session. There WILL be losing days, there WILL be variance. But if I feel like I'm playing my A-game and making correct decisions, I know in the long run I will make more money than I lose. And the long run is what you have to focus on to improve your game and succeed as a player, not how you did on any one individual day. Just my 2 cents.

L

leavem

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any day that I have been able to play the games I want and come out at all ahead is a good day. Of course there are some really good day and some really bay days too.

S

SnGTurbo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
am I the only one who can't play with my mind completely focused on the game? If I am sitting at a table and not doing anything else, I get bored and play far too many hands.

I'm usually browsing the web or watching a movie. Since building my new computer I can handle running games windowed while I play poker.

I've tried multi tables, but I still find it to be a problem. I'm usually running 3-4 tables and I still get bored if I'm not doing something else... like making this post or updating my blog. I'm playing 4 tables right now, posting this, and watching a movie. I do have ADD by the way, so theres no question about that.

A

Andre3211

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A .01% Increase is a good day for me.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
am I the only one who can't play with my mind completely focused on the game? If I am sitting at a table and not doing anything else, I get bored and play far too many hands.

I'm usually browsing the web or watching a movie. Since building my new computer I can handle running games windowed while I play poker.

I've tried multi tables, but I still find it to be a problem. I'm usually running 3-4 tables and I still get bored if I'm not doing something else... like making this post or updating my blog. I'm playing 4 tables right now, posting this, and watching a movie. I do have ADD by the way, so theres no question about that.

What about more tables? If your play is solid and you can play more why not up it to 9 or 12 or 16 or 20?

BillHall

BillHall

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats, 20% increase in BR is a good day.

I have to tell ya though that I am still not a winning player so maybe you can't go by me. My problem is that I love to have a beer or two when I am playing, and believe me, that spells TROUBLE!!!:)

O

OnTilt902

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you're up, it's good

Whenever I end the day with more than I started with, I consider it to be a good day. Although it can be frustrating that I didn't make any ground to my million dollar goal...lol, I have to look at it as being hours upon hours of cheap entertainment.

spranger

spranger

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips

Dude i'm in the ADD club too, it can be a bit frustrating at times haha.
you gotta start playing 9 tables at a time, you'll be forced to make decisions way quicker which helps cure boredom (and helps your game imo)

XPOKERCHIC

XPOKERCHIC

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
A good day is when I don't bust out of every tourney I play. I love to play and when I get down about the game I take a little break and come back refreshed and ready to play. If I set a budget for the day of $5 and I double up my budget that's a good day. X

D

dannyboy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
id say winning four dollars a day is a good day. it is enough to buy you into any lo limit game you would like to play which is what i aim to do. i like to win about two buy ins of the average low limit game i would play

aLoser4evR

aLoser4evR

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A good day at poker is any day my good hand on the flop doesn't get crushed on the river. I'm happy just staying up for the day can be as little as a penny, more is better, just don't like finishing the day with less than I started it with.