What to do to eliminate the bad streak in the game?

gocho2009

gocho2009

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
regards! What techniques do you use when you are in a bad patch?

A

andreii955

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
?? what means for you this "bad streak" ?? to be honest with you, I've never heard of this term in poker, and you know , it's been playing for some years ...

D

Dani_California

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
regards! What techniques do you use when you are in a bad patch?

I just take a break for couple of days if I am experiencing a downswing that has been going on for many days. Losing streaks are part of this game and that's why it is so important to have patience when things aren't going your way. Sometimes it feels like you just can't catch a good hand and when you finally do, someone still has something better. If that happens a lot, I just take a break like I said.

I try to do something completely different during that break and refresh my mind outside poker. I watch movies, work out, read books, play video games etc. Anything else but poker. That way I don't think about that losing streak too much anymore when I decide to start playing poker again after couple of days. That doesn't mean that you magically start winning right away when you come back but at least your mind is now fresh and that losing streak is not controlling your thoughts anymore.

natasha555

natasha555

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad luck is first of all our attitude to circumstances. Those. it's when you expect positive consequences from your actions, but you get the opposite. Bad luck is an absolutely psychological concept, it has no "material" validity. At the moment, I'm not very excited, I hope that this will soon pass and there will be a holiday on my street, I will do analyzes of my game and of course a little pause from poker !!!

M

Marj651992

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I take a break. either for a day or a couple of days and work on one of my hobbies just to get my focus back and hope the bad streak has left me

Vodnik2017

Vodnik2017

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
game in less dispersive games and for less money

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
To interrupt series of losses, it is important to define what the problem consists in. It is the best of all to look at the last distributions played by you and objectively to analyse them, without feeling need to make decisions. If after carrying out the analysis you come to a conclusion that the strip of your failures is caused only by bad luck, it will be easier to be overcome. Theoretically you need just to continue to play and if you are stronger player, than your rival, then finally recession will end, and you will begin to win again. The real problems will begin if you find out that you badly play. In this case, it is important to define what you do incorrectly at a table. Perhaps, you insufficiently or are excessively aggressive! It is possible that you just play in difficult games, without having advantages. Irrespective of a problem, you will be able to start its decision only after define its character.

charlesdenis

charlesdenis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually drink a good cold beer and get away from the screens ahhahahaha

M

Mateo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I analyse my hands and try determine if the bad streak is a result of my poor play or purely a downswing. Then I change my play if necessary based on my analysis

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should always analyze your game if the results you get are not what you expect. try finding the leaks in your game. if your bad results are just caused by variance then there is not much you can do about it. If it gets really bad i ussually just take a break from poker for a while

S

Stacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Take a break or the rest of the day off if you need to

BriceNice

BriceNice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You solve this problem and you become an instant millionaire!

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
sheer volume, studying and working on your game to get better each day is all you can do, the cards fall where they may.

kara260588

kara260588

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I give myself a few days off. I watch movies, read books. And usually I start to return to the game on weekends. because in the week there are usually many more problems at work. and morally tense.
So I just rest from the game.

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Полосы черные и белые, если вы черны, то вам нужно немного подождать и прийти белым

Douglas Gonzaga

Douglas Gonzaga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Turn off the screen and you'll relax, with another robby by, and come back the next day renewed to win.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I try take a break, relax.
Usually, I read books. It's very useful to me.

Top 10 Games