• Total voters
D

DanteRlz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Everyone!
So much has been said about how bad it is keep playing when you are on tilt, bad decisions, losing money...
But what is when you are winning all, the luck is on your side... that definitely makes noise in your head so...
Is it better keep playing (maybe,even play more) or just take a break?

For example, this week i has play 6 MTT and get to ITM in all of them. Would i play more or just get some rest, study my game?

jadaminato

jadaminato

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Dante! That is a good question. Good streaks are also dangerous, as they can make us overconfident and make mistakes. In the end, the important thing in poker is to keep a cool mind and make unemotional decisions.
You don't necessarily need to take a break, but try to analyze your game at the end of the day or on a regular basis to make sure you are not making bad decisions.

G

Galette71

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for me i try to stick on the same buyin... because its so easy to try to go up in buy in but the game is not the same

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Set a win goal and loss limit and ride it til u hit 1,,,

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Everyone!
So much has been said about how bad it is keep playing when you are on tilt, bad decisions, losing money...
But what is when you are winning all, the luck is on your side... that definitely makes noise in your head so...

For example, this week i has play 6 MTT and get to ITM in all of them. Would i play more or just get some rest, study my game?
Your decision to stop playing should not be based on winning or losing! It is necessary to make a decision only because of the quality of the game! To stop playing when you win, for fear of losing, is also a kind of tilt! Stop the game when you do not show your A game!

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hot streak, what the hell is that? :)

M

mclaughlinph

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
keep playing until youre tired of it.

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

I have found that when you are on a hot streak, you cant loose, and should play any 2 cards. to my dismay I didnt pay attention to this concept once in a live final table at a mtt in Panama.
I was winning all the hands at one point at the final table with 6 left and chip leader. I had K5 of out of position and decided that it was so bad I should fold, though I was saying to myself, play any 2 cards untill you lose one. I didnt pay attention and folded. The flop was KK5 and would have eliminated 3 players and ended up with 90% of all the chips at the table.I ended up 3rd and kicking myself for not paying attention to my gut feeling of playing the streak.

marianexbj

marianexbj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that 6 tournaments is very little to measure if you are playing correctly or it is variance, the same if in those 6 tournaments you did not reach ITM, I think the most important thing is to know if we are making the correct movements and more profitable to long term. Studying all the time and reviewing the tournaments we play is the ideal way to correct errors, beyond the results in the short term.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to stay balanced and remember that the "cloudy side of variance is that much closer".

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When in the favour of variance I would keep playing. Keep playing your best game but enjoy the positive wave........why not :)

_xgeb_

_xgeb_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
Hi Everyone!

You can study and play. Take advantage of the motivation you have to start specializing and be a better player. If you see that you end up very tired from doing both, you can rest for a few days.:deal:

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely play more and take advantage of your luck. On the other hand when running bad dont try to force it and try to win or win back. That's when you should take a break instead of loosing more.

D

DanteRlz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
for me i try to stick on the same buyin... because its so easy to try to go up in buy in but the game is not the same
This is so true... I tried to go up and i crash into a wall. But in sometime we need to do it.

Set a win goal and loss limit and ride it til u hit 1,,,
Very interesting, what are your goals?

I have found that when you are on a hot streak, you cant loose, and should play any 2 cards. to my dismay I didnt pay attention to this concept once in a live final table at a mtt in Panama.
I was winning all the hands at one point at the final table with 6 left and chip leader. I had K5 of out of position and decided that it was so bad I should fold, though I was saying to myself, play any 2 cards untill you lose one. I didnt pay attention and folded. The flop was KK5 and would have eliminated 3 players and ended up with 90% of all the chips at the table.I ended up 3rd and kicking myself for not paying attention to my gut feeling of playing the streak.

This is a really good history. Do you think that your decision of dont play that hand influenced the rest of the tournament?

Bobbybones1950

Bobbybones1950

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Keep on Truckin.

When You're Hot Your Hot And When You're Not .......

:driver:

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
PLAY PLAY PLAY! When you know its over count your money and stop a winner!

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

This is so true... I tried to go up and i crash into a wall. But in sometime we need to do it.

Very interesting, what are your goals?

This is a really good history. Do you think that your decision of dont play that hand influenced the rest of the tournament?
I would have we won had a made my gut desission. I didnt and came in third.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your decision to stop playing should not be based on winning or losing! It is necessary to make a decision only because of the quality of the game! To stop playing when you win, for fear of losing, is also a kind of tilt! Stop the game when you do not show your A game!

+1 Exactly my approach too. Survey question I won't answer because it is overly simplistic. Are you losing due to tilt, bad play, or simply coolers? The cause factors into if I quit. Similarly, why am I winning? Lucky suckouts, opponents on tilt etc.?

That matters too. If I'm winning because the table is fishy and I'm playing well, then I'm staying as long as I can and I'll just rack up the score :)

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I think that in such moments it is better not to stop, but to continue the game. But at the same time, I believe that you should not play tired, because your chances of losing the money won increase.

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i ignore

I simply ignore the opponent. because unfortunately there are many racists who speak offensive things, especially against Brazilians. and that is something that you pay attention to, you further disregard the game. so better to ignore

papapokera85

papapokera85

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
I think to continue in the same spirit. play with concentration !!!

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As in any situation you dont know when the streak will end. You dont want to get in the way of a monster run and you dont want to lose it all back. A win stop will allow the run to continue yet lock up a decent win. I use this method all of the time to lock up wins and its served me well.

You simply set a reasonable stop if you drop below an predetermined amount. This amount can be $50, $100, etc. Set it where you would be happy with the win amount and stick to it.

As you win more you can raise your win stop to lock up larger wins. This way you never leave too early or too late.