What Are the Biggest Mistakes For Poker Players?

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The absolute worst mistake that a poker player can make is....

to not buy a gift for his spouse on Valentins Day...!

Apart from that I think the most general mistake is to play
with poor bankroll management... If You manage your bankroll
correctly You can get along with a few other mistakes that occur in your game...
If You play on limits You cant afford then a single mistake at the table
will leave You broke.

COLA981

COLA981

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just try to hold your strategy,dont go to slow,dont play to many hands,for me best strategy is tight-agresion

Djmickre

Djmickre

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One of the worst mistakes is to be desperate trying to win many chips.

D

deeggr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One basic poker mistake is to play with feelings.When you are on tilt from a bluff or whatever you may take some decisions with full risk .One other mistake is to play as long as you can

ssory83

ssory83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion is: Even if you were to be very careful, the books are talking. Sometimes, when you lose, it's good to distract yourself.

S

spruk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
the biggest mistake is not being able to read the villain and not control ur bankroll

O

otaktay

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think a big mistake players make, and I am no exception, is falling in love with hands that don't always have good showdown value. If the board texture continues to change, you can't keep playing the hand the same way you did pre-flop. Sometimes letting that top pair go is hard, but it is more important to understand what your opponent is trying to achieve in the hand. Does their story make sense? What could they really have? If they are check calling check calling and then raising the river, chances are they had the winning hand the entire time... they probably flopped a set and were able to disguise it well. Don't get trapped by overvaluing your hand. Fold. Fold. Fold. Let the bluffers bluff and live to see another flop. One day you'll have the nuts and your opponent just won't be able to stop betting into you.

M

martina pinto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mistake

The mistake of a poker player is to lose concentration and go into de-activation.

Djmickre

Djmickre

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I say the often mistakes are when you play lots of hands and you pay everything to see the flop.

D

domdiego

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when you are tired, deconcentrated, out of your position, bluffing too much, trying to recover the chips lost in despair among other factors cause your money lost .

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
My mistakes are pay when i'm losing and only play with strong hands,são silly mistakes agrees?

It depends, if it goes all in preflop and fall due to a Bad Beat, yes.
Now if it is in the post flop the problem is overvaluation of your hand.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
the biggest mistake is not being able to read the villain and not control ur bankroll

If you do not control the villain this will generate multiple losses. How will you control your Bankroll in this way?

R

RunoMont

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
first of all we need to come to reality and put the feet on the ground, by understanding that there are many players out there and all eager to take a peace of the pie. when we bluff, we believe in that moment that we are invincible. lets not have the arrogance to think that other players are dumb enough to believe we are the best and have the best hands. lets be sharp, focused and realistic. use Math and take wise decisions based on a strategy.

O

Olvia

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Each player has his own individual errors. I suddenly can puzzle and lose, I think why I did it right now?

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
biggest mistake is saying awake when big stacked deep in tourney thank god i fell asleep last week with 100k chips in sunday million pokerstars managed to make the money at last if was awake would of went all in got knocked out before he bubble lol good luck guys

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One of my biggest mistakes is when someone puts me all in when I already have a lot in the pot. I should fold and play off a small stack but instead I just say hell with it and throw em in.

The Boss

The Boss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This applies to the Stud games, not remembering the dead cards. The point of remembering the upcards that have been folded is that is helps in determining what plays you should make in a given street. Works hand in hand with reading the boards of your opponents.

Rijckenborg

Rijckenborg

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think that the Biggest Mistakes For Poker Players, is when a player doesn't trust him.
A player cannot win, if he doesn't believe in his victory.

A

asalco94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think one of the main mistakes is to play junk hands at the beginning of the tournaments, it erodes your stack, besides being very conservative will not help you improve during the course of a tournament.

schtiuky

schtiuky

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tilt and fatigue will destroy your most tournaments.

O

Olvia

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh yes, one of the biggest mistakes is sclerosis. Some register in the tournament and forget to play)