What is better to play with my size bankroll?

noLatenzy

noLatenzy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, I have a $15 bankroll.
What is better? $0.25 SnG (45 or 90 players) or $0.55 MTTs?

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

It depends on how you like to play. In the SNG s its shorter and less competition, but the
prize is fixed and a lot smaller. In the MTTs , its longer and more players but you can get a relly good pay out.

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like SnGs of 0.50 out of 45 people. In this case those of 0.25 if you want to play that amount. They are very fast to play, and with a couple of good hands we have already managed to get into ITM.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
It is better not to spend money on the game, especially if you have only $ 15. Try to increase your bankroll by playing freerolls. If you can increase your bankroll by playing in freerolls, only then it makes sense to start spending money on the game.
Good luck.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it depends on my time restraints. I enjoy MTTs because of the bigger payouts but it can be very time consuming if I have a deep run. However, if I just want to play and I don't have hours and hours to play them a SNG is better.

pedrovitorcosta

pedrovitorcosta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
0.55 is the best way for you to get good money, but I have more fun at the 0.50 SnG tables (9 players), i can easily play at multiple tables and make a good profit

ajtrevor

ajtrevor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the 0.25 sng but if you have only 15$ that can go fast. So free rolls or cash games might be a better way to build your bankroll. I like to play in 1cent,2cent cash games.

Tomacco

Tomacco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi.
It is better not to spend money on the game, especially if you have only $ 15. Try to increase your bankroll by playing freerolls. If you can increase your bankroll by playing in freerolls, only then it makes sense to start spending money on the game.
Good luck.
Hi newzooo..
How much money in the bankroll do you think is good to start spending money on the game?

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$0.25 SnG (45 or 90 players)structure and players will allow you to accumulate a bankroll, one streamer started the marathon from these tournaments and recommended them

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I would start with the SNGs and with some 0.25/90 , SNGs will improve your game in some ICM spots alongside with some studying of course. After having some positive results then you can add some 0.55 MTTs. But SNGs would remain my priority.Variance in MMTs are way higher compared to the SNGs.

Big/Hot/Bounty Hunters $0.55 have juicy winnings.

ps.Busting your bankroll,which is a small one , is still a likely outcome but don't give up if you like the game and you are able to dedicate some time off the tables by studying.

Good Luck.

KrazyKoo

KrazyKoo

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
On Stars I would play $0,25 SnGs and $0,11 MTTs. Don't go above 0,20 on MTTs

tuku222

tuku222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the 45 player stg, 5 or 7 uss, shorter and with a good percentage of profit !!

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, I have a $15 bankroll.
What is better? $0.25 SnG (45 or 90 players) or $0.55 MTTs?

0.25 sngs for sure.

The smaller field tournaments will mean less variance and a much lower chance of going broke.

When building up your bankroll, focusing on 6, 9, 18, 27, 45 man games is much much smarter than playing big fields MTTs

I would invite you to focus on the SNGs and maybe add an MTT once a week as a treat or reward for playing well. It will give you a shot at big money, and your sng grind will keep you sharp!

The other thing about MTTs is they take way more hours than SNGs do and that means less time for study and self care. 2 things that will pay off greatly in the long run if you do them consistently with the extra time saved.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would start with the SNGs and with some 0.25/90 , SNGs will improve your game in some ICM spots alongside with some studying of course. After having some positive results then you can add some 0.55 MTTs. But SNGs would remain my priority.Variance in MMTs are way higher compared to the SNGs.

Big/Hot/Bounty Hunters $0.55 have juicy winnings.

ps.Busting your bankroll,which is a small one , is still a likely outcome but don't give up if you like the game and you are able to dedicate some time off the tables by studying.

Good Luck.

Perfect Answer, everything akmost said is ON POINT!

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
neither one of the 2 I increased to 0.50 45p 90p turbo. I think it is much better to play and bank and reasonable.

Y

yanslad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$15 is really small for a Bankroll.. not saying that you can't play with it though. But don't forget to keep playing freerolls to increase your BR more and more...
Now if you really want to practice playing real money, I strongly suggest to play the $0.25 buy-in sng's.. but remember that poker is all about volume, and keep in mind that if EVERYTHING goes wrong for you $15 will only give you 60 attempts to increase your bankroll...
But ok if you are in a high poker level, great skills and a solid knowledge about the game you shouldn't struggle that much to beat this field.. if that's the case, go for it and best of luck!!

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Might do more of the SnG but throw in a few MTT. Those DONs can be easy to cash on as well.

L

LSTBrand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
maybe some cash game tables
or freeroll, maybe some 0,10$

gravac

gravac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you play on pokerstars 1.10 Mtt would be great, about 10 chances to grab up to possible over 1K $. That its my style I play very few tourneys but with maximum focus, maybe after some good tour Im off for 2-3 days. Time to reconnect to myself.
Playing those 0.25 and 0.50 and wining 2-3 $ for me is spending time, maybe not for everyone.
Sure in that kind of tours you have bigger chances to get to the first few players and take some low but sweet cash.
Me personal want to take "risk", losing 1$ is not a big lose, but improving your game in MTT is much more worth. When you find yourself in a difficult situation to decide do you are going all in or fold, and getting information from those players, will tell you what you did it wrong or good at that moment.
Playing with more people is of course more difficult but you will learn a lot of that and get better in the future. Don't eliminate the chance for you getting maybe over 500$ in just one tour, so after all is worth the money you spend on it.
Im speaking like this if you are good enough to win back 15$ if you lose it all let say 10 tours without ITM, if you are not so good then stay away, because if you cant win from 45/90 players then for sure you cant with 6K players entering those "Big/Hot" tours. Good luck

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Better $0.55. You can play 25 times in a tournament where the first place is $158 and if you win it, it will be very profitable and very cool. Personally, I do not like the SnG for $0.25 better for $0.10 and $0.50. Play better for $1 SnG, for 180 people, 15 times. There for the first place, give $50. And not many people. This is a very profitable and good investment of your BR.

Jason Bralli

Jason Bralli

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
my advice is to make a challenge for yourself.

Don't use those $ 15 now, try to double or triple that bankroll first by playing freerolls.

When you manage to win this challenge, you will have a healthier bankroll to play SnG, MTT or whatever you like.

Hope this helps

GL

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i hate tournaments before 3.3$
only spins $1

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi newzooo..
How much money in the bankroll do you think is good to start spending money on the game?

I have accounts on 6 sites and on each of these sites I have a different bankroll. My biggest bankroll is $ 600, my smallest is $ 70. And on all six sites, I built a bankroll from scratch by playing freerolls. I think $ 500 is the optimal bankroll.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
With that bankroll I recommend the $ 0.25 SnG, you would have more playing margin and you would not risk your money as much

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management