What is a DONK?

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is your definition of a donk? I hear a lot of chat about this donk and that donk and just want to know the opinions of what a donk is.:D:D

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Spoiler alert, watch Crocodile Dundee, not sure which one, but it's one of the first 8.

Nelson1712

Nelson1712

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They can be stupid moves made by inexperienced players or artful maneuvers made to confuse a rival, since they are usually considered weak moves. In addition, they are used as blocking bets in variants with variable bet size, in which a small bet can stop an opponent from making a bigger bet that makes the odds in relation to the pot unattainable.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what is a donk?

He's a guy that disregards polite behavior to gain chips through luck only. It's a move that is reserved as not donkage only by those that know odds, and take risk as intended.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A player who makes bets that have little profit a d consider it the correct move

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I must say you guys have the best definitions I've heard in a while, thanks!:D:D

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A donk is a donkey, an ass too stubborn and stupid to know he's beat.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Donk is a player who plays easilly aggressively and without wisdom, and even if he make a huge stack, he is capable of losing it all in a few hands and leave the game!

NBDG8477

NBDG8477

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
an idiot is another word for a donk so if you no the definition of a idiot then there ya go now you no what a donk is :)

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL all of these responses are great

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is a player who does not play based on the basic rules of poker mathematical statistics is a poker language;)

wlad20082009

wlad20082009

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
What is your definition of a donk? I hear a lot of chat about this donk and that donk and just want to know the opinions of what a donk is.:D:D
Donk is Donk . Arrogant , overly aggressive and stubborn player . I sometimes manage to punish them and I am glad to it .:D:D:D

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The question has been answered but i wanted to throw my 2 cents worth in.

Basically the definition of a donk is an idiot. However i have seen this term used too much and not the way it is intended. A lot of players say donk to someone who has beat them out of luck. They just say donk because they angry.

Donks do exist and mostly fly under the radar. I'm talking about the genuine ones.

BilNicholson

BilNicholson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Arrogant , overly aggressive and stubborn player.

copycutpaste

copycutpaste

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A donk, to me, is an overly aggressive spewer of chips...some may be drunkards and just having a good time while they polish off a bottle...others may just be a bully that has no regard for others or for gameplay etiquette...but no matter what a donk is always welcomed when you play tight and need someone to saturate pots with free chips...gotta love big pots...

NinjaHands

NinjaHands

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Donk vs Fish is a key distinction. Donks call and go all in easily with bad hands, Fish call preflop but tend to fold to 3bets, cbets, raises. Donks don't get scared, but they should be scared. Fish get scared easily because they don't understand fold equity

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
There are a lot of great definitions about donks in this thread.

K

kgilbz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Donk plays that come to mind: always shoving any ace regardless of stack size, calling all ins with any two suited cards, bluffing away all their money in spots where it makes no sense to bluff. Flatting preflop and ALWAYS leading when they get a piece of the board.

Donks have the mindset that poker is results oriented and we all know that isn't the case....

K

kapobar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Donk is a nice funny animal who like to play but never play till the end, too bad:D