COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Hello everybody! How does your game look like when outside is a gloomy weather? Does it affect you somehow? In my game I noticed that I do not really focus properly and make stupid decisions when outside raining, for example. I was reading somewhere that it would be atmospheric pressure at those moments that affect us visibly. What do you think? Do you consider such phenomena when you prepare for the game? Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't care what the weather is outside. I am not affected by the change in atmospheric pressure. I can postpone the game if my head hurts.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If there is bad weather outside the window, it means that I’m unlikely to go for a walk and I can definitely focus on the game.

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the winter when it is cold, snowy and icy outside, I stay in and play poker...in the summer when it is very hot outside, I play poker...in the spring when it is rainy, I play poker...in the fall when it is windy outside, I play poker...I do, however, limit myself to playing on days that end in "y".

Natta777

Natta777

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
The weather does not matter to me. In bad weather it is even better to play, since there is nothing special to do.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, for sure, weather affects my game and my focus. I saw when its a rainy day that i feel very tired and i find it difficult to concentrate. On the opposite , when its a sunny day i feel more energized and i can play very well.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fortunately, the weather does not affect my game...

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Where I live now: bad weather is good; play more poker
Last played I lived: bad weather was bad; loss of power and loss of internet, no way to play poker with bad weather.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the winter when it is cold, snowy and icy outside, I stay in and play poker...in the summer when it is very hot outside, I play poker...in the spring when it is rainy, I play poker...in the fall when it is windy outside, I play poker...I do, however, limit myself to playing on days that end in "y".

Let's play poker Heads Up vs me?
Here is what I bet:

24hr * 365days * 100years = 876.000 hours.
876K hours this is your starting stack.
but
- Will you live 100 years?
- 30% is sleep time, exclude it.
- You've lived several years already.
- You've just paid me a small ante by reading this post, and you will pay another ante thinking about it.

Now if you're good at poker maths, you can calculate how much effective time you've got left in your life. Then think about how much time you've already spent for playing poker and how much more time you're willing to spend on poker. What you're getting from poker? Little bit of serotonin mixed with small portions of adrenaline? - Yeah that's all. Money? You have millions of ways to make money, good salary combined with desired job is always more than average income of poker player in many countries. But if you start or own a business, then who knows. Atleast you will live a interesting life, instead of sitting at a chair and looking at pixels at your monitor with faith that you're observing CARDS. LOL! Got it? You don't even see people and don't even feel cards in your hands dude! You always see pixels at your monitor, and that's how you want to live your life in the summer/winter/spring and autumn? Proud of yourself? Or maybe you can lift your bottom and do something useful for yourself and for the society?

Hey what is the useful product that you're giving to the society when you're playing poker all year long? What do you create, that can be used? Nothing. You're slowly killing your time. But Hey-HEY-Hey!! Can you kill time? Nope. You can burn the oxygen in air, your make vacuum and get rid of the air, you can destroy your PC, crush your chair, you can "kill" material objects... but you can't kill the time, you can't touch it, can't see it, all you can do is to measure it.

BUT

Can the time kill you?
Tick-tack-tick-tack.
876K I've won a chip from your stack.

BUT

Why my stack isn't growing?:eek:

M

misiomick

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Where I live it's cloudy and rainy quite often, I call this "poker weather" ;-)
what it means to me is that I have perfect excuse to stay indoors and play poker :-D
but in fact I think that atmospheric pressure can have some effect on us, give us headache or make feel more sleepy or not able to concentrate properly. It does not happen to me often but I have had it few times.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Funny, sitting at my puter here in Mom's basement I never even notice the weather, sounds like as good an excuse as any for bad play though, so may as well add it to my excuse portfolio. :captain:

R

roman5551993

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HB does not affect me weather I play the same way.

W

whitesmoke420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I don't think the weather outside really affects how I play. It does - however - worry me on stormy days, that the server will quit in the middle of a big game or big hand. I've been in a few tournaments where the site went down mid-way though a game and lost everything even after gaining the lead. Was horrible. Didn't play online for almost a year after that. (it happened like 4 times in a week)

XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The weather doesn't directly affect play, though your mood does, so if the weather affects your mood then it might affect your play. Who knows.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi! No, I do not care what the weather, even a storm, I will play, the only thing that can affect the game is a power outage or Internet due to weather conditions, and so no matter, I'm home! Thank you!

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
who to blame?

Hello everybody! How does your game look like when outside is a gloomy weather? Does it affect you somehow? In my game I noticed that I do not really focus properly and make stupid decisions when outside raining, for example. I was reading somewhere that it would be atmospheric pressure at those moments that affect us visibly. What do you think? Do you consider such phenomena when you prepare for the game? Thank you!

I thought it was fashion in USA now to blame Trump for all and every bad thing? :confused:

hachile1

hachile1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I think that your mood when you play and your motivation are much more impacting than the climate atmosphere Personally I played well often when it was raining, because if the weather is nice I want to go out and enjoy the weather so it's the ideal atmosphere to play :)

M

mulliongc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know I play better when it is raining or snowing or too hot to be outside. When the weather is pleasant I feel like being out in it instead of being cooped up inside sitting around a poker table. To each his own, I guess.

TheniT

TheniT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I do not think that influences my game, I have to focus only on what passes in front of me.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not affected by the weather, I care only about my mood for the game and on available tournaments

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Easier to play in bad weather, when the sun wants to spend more time in nature.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Looks like we actually have bad weather right now so it's great to start monday morning with poker i guess :cool:

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's very interesting. Do you also maybe get depressed around winter seasons? It's called Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD).
If your mental/emotional state is that affected just because it's raining outside, you may also be prone to having SAD.

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The weather is too blame for everything but I'm not sure it affects my poker matches, I guess if it's horrid my mood might be different to a bright sunny warm day but if you have a plan or goal you should be playing it out. Like a chess game

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everything always depends on your inner world,how you prepare for the game,whether you rested,whether you concentrate on the game,everything else the weather cataclysms do not interfere with your game I think so.

Top 10 Games