TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
That's what I do every time i wanted to play cash, try to see how the players play the game.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's a great idea not only before sitting down and playing but even instead of it. If you go for several weeks and simply observe the game you get a lot of information about the usual atmosphere, who's a regular at those stakes, who likes to drink and how their play changes the more they drink, even discover poker tells. And the best thing: it's free, you are not risking any money to get all that valuable information.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Although, I prefer tournaments, but I think it is a good idea. Better, look and understand how your opponents are playing.

M

megiverz1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do. But if I get a good enough hand of course I play it.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When playing cash, you can sit down at the table and just wait to be the BB at some places. This is a good idea to do so you can get a first hand look at the table for one round.

eurosTotnd

eurosTotnd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's a good idea you will have a little idea about players tendencies

Y

yoejslattery

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the very least you should wait to start until the BB. I like to watch a table before to see if there are people I know and whether I have notes on anyone. With 2-3 orbits you can also see how often pots are 3-bet pre, who is aggressive/ passive, are there lots of limpers and or multiway pots. All very valuable info.

The only caveat is that you can't judge someone's tendencies for sure that quickly so use the info you have learned but don't be married to it.

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to play sits and go, because they are fast, and do not spend too long in tournaments.
I think not worth playing tournaments where you spend many hours because if you do not get to the final table, you only earn a few dollars, maybe it's more profitable to play tournaments up $ 10.

H

holdem_ninja

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
first u should watch a video at cash tables

even if u play tournaments i think u should watch a video of cash tables to have a good start in whatever games u play!

tehb1987

tehb1987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Watch helpful. It gives you the opportunity to evaluate the manner of the opponent's game for free. Another thing is that in cash games 1 table to play not very rational.

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is far better to sit at the table and observe it.
I mean, it s a cash game, you are in no rush at all. Usually you buy in for ~200bbs.
At least it's a better view of players, how they behave, you can closely see when someone shows a card, a hand.

At the same time, observing the table for half an hour then sitting, I would feel discomfort - being new to the table, only just getting the first hand etc.
If I was at the table for half an hour and folded every hand, I feel comfortable, already picked up on the dynamics of the game, on the pace, probably figured a couple of players along the way.

DanielSpaan

DanielSpaan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, because i would also. Observe different tables and i check also the average pot before the flop comes...

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Yes, I think that is obvious. This will allow you to gain an advantage and understand who you will play against.
Good luck.

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, you can watch different cash games (online) and see which one is best for your gameplay.

G

gersom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wool, an excellent idea, had never thought that way. But I prefer tournaments, but it is the tip when playing cash games

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
It is a good practice to take a few minutes and observe first before entering a cash table ... I do it every time I have time ... that gives you an idea of what the players' rhythm is ... if they are very aggressive ... or very passive ... etc ...!

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, probably it is definitely necessary. Although depending on what purpose you sit down at the gaming table. Just play or win.

M

martina pinto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not playing cash but there are many people I know that it takes a certain time to look at the table before entering, so he sees what types of players are marking them and get the most out of his notes.

Tmoney999

Tmoney999

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You could definitely sit and have a look at how he table is playing for a little bit before you sit down and play, not the worst idea at all. I would honestly rather sit down at a table live or online and just play extremely tight for about the first hour. This should show you how players are playing the game and you can still be at the table and play a hand or two in the first hour your there. That is what I like to do, its slightly harder to just find out a table dynamic and how they're playing by watching than just sitting down to play, you get a better feel of whats going on just play very tight. I hope this helps you out, just get in there and play but very tight for about the first hour. The first hour should tell you how things are going at that table and you get to actually play some monsters if you happen pick them up.

25thinfantryman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it would be smart to watch first

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It’s even necessary to watch. When I sat down at the tables with cash, I always watched what was happening at the table before sitting down. You can find a lot of information from this for yourself.

sanych

sanych

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The ability to choose tables is very important. But the search for a good table these days is only half the battle, it is also important to find a place to the left of the fish. It is in such positions that a lot of money is made in this game.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not play poker on cash tables. I only know the basics of playing cash tables. And almost everything that is offered to you here is the norm. I believe that for any game you need to look at the game of your future opponents, this will not hurt you.

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]I do not like to enter tournaments that have already started, because almost always online poker who enters later always comes out faster because there is no game.[/COLOR]​