watch this video and answer what you think.

Danoncebay

Danoncebay

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If something I have learned is that we should never play "crouched", we should ALWAYS give value to our hands, although being QT in the rank of the villain, maybe an allin or strong raise the turn would have improved the situation, anyway, badbet .

Navin Sarabjeet

Navin Sarabjeet

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
SR
Chips
Well played by Daniel.
Just got a bad beat there.

He played it perfectly as would i the same way:ahhhhh:

AlexDriver

AlexDriver

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy game for Ruggeri. Well played by Negreanu. Only one hand could beat him and top set are not folded...

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rigged! :damnmate:

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Daniel is too good at reading opponents, so I do not see any slowplay in this situation.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd call also too many two pairs or even turned sets. 1.5% runner runner straight draw without covered flush board. I like to raise the turn to get more value and hopefully get a fold which is what I love in MTTs getting folds. If this was cash game its just a cooler 1.5% on top of that you had turn river do lock it down with board pairing FH.

ChipEaterMan

ChipEaterMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let´s analyze each street.
I Daniel had bet the flop, Ruggeri would have folded and he wouldn´t have extracted any value of his set of Aces. So checking there was the right move.
On turn if Daniel had reraised Ruggeri´s half pot bet, Ruggeri might have called and he would have ended the same way on river. With all his stack in.

Last edited:
fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I saw a certain move, if it increases on the flop the villain would fold and he would not be able to extract a great value with an excellent hand, in this case it was bad beat.

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
video commence

very bad time for daniel
i think he played ,,,wrong
he should raise a lot on flob and finished there.
or...all in before river.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you try to stretch hands for absolute value(all-in) you'll have this happen. There's 16 combinations that beat you in this hand. It's hard to make the fold on the river but the signs where there. You allow a large range to come along without raising in position on the flop. When he leads the turn and you call the range is still wide and when he 3 bet jams you there's really only a few hands he could have. A smaller set or a straight. From there you'd have to see what hands you've seen him play and how he played them

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Flop top set on a rainbow flop.....Daniel is trying to let his opponent catch something worth betting or calling a bet.

I would play this the same way. It's just a bad read for Daniel because he is soooo fat and happy with top set. I would pay this guy also putting him on KQ.

Good luck !

muse713

muse713

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Flop a set? I would have played it the same way, just didn't work out this time.

F

fastjob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not a good idea slowplay could have taken the pot in the beginning.:cool:

D

don1980

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Daniel should raised higher preflop and after the flop.

J

Jam_V92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's not a bad move it just did not work out

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not see slowplay here. It was a tough decision. he could fold aa. And he doubted to the end in the range of opponent Q10.
Negriánu just not lucky.

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i would have tried to take the pot on the turn. even thought the board looked dry i still dont like seeing the river. i would have took what i could with a hefty raise on the turn. if he called my raise on the turn i would have just called his river bet. I guess im just a chicken

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i would have tried to take the pot on the turn. even thought the board looked dry i still dont like seeing the river. i would have took what i could with a hefty raise on the turn. if he called my raise on the turn i would have just called his river bet. I guess im just a chicken

I agree with you Roger. Villain either has air or is happy with his turn card and happy to pay you off. The turn beings so many draws typically anyways....even if it is a 2 pair draw.

I hope I remember this the next time I am in Daniel's situation.

Good luck !

pandaboy

pandaboy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just call river... he has feeling about q10 ... better fold ... but call half pot is ok.... but reraise call it is bad play... when opp go allin reraise probably he understand that negreanu may have q10 or good hand ... and why he will push with weak when nuts? Bad reraise... just call river because he told that opp could have q10

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just call river... he has feeling about q10 ... better fold ... but call half pot is ok.... but reraise call it is bad play... when opp go allin reraise probably he understand that negreanu may have q10 or good hand ... and why he will push with weak when nuts? Bad reraise... just call river because he told that opp could have q10
You're folding way too much if you think villain is always betting out with the nuts on the river. There are a lot of hands in villains preflop call range that could be betting out here given the board and action.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why? When you have a monster of a hand, you need to play for value. You can't be afraid to pick up a lot of chips when you have a big hand because there is a small chance you'll get unlucky and lose. You're going to get unlucky sometimes, that's variance but when you're a huge favorite you should be focused more on getting paid off than losing.

You lose more money buying pots when you're a huge favorite than you do playing it for value.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with you Roger. Villain either has air or is happy with his turn card and happy to pay you off. The turn beings so many draws typically anyways....even if it is a 2 pair draw.

I hope I remember this the next time I am in Daniel's situation.

Good luck !
You do know that a set > 2 pair, right?

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Daniel might have a feeling that a player has a Straight, but there are times when a player has a smaller card and he is trying to intimidate, Daniel played very well, but his AAA did not pass, I think that in the scenario, Daniel would have to do more raises so that players would fold cards!