Variation on 5 Card No-Peek

bertoXIV

bertoXIV

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well me and my uncles get together for some nickle-dime cash games everyone once and a while, and we play the standard games. Hold'em, 5 card draw, stud, some omaha. But we get bored with those on some long nights. So we play some crazier games like baseball and 3-3-3. When we play everything we can think of we make our own games. This is one that my uncle came up with that happened to be VERY fun and we now play on every visit.

The standard 5 card no-peek rules are applied. 5 cards dealt to every player, then one is turned up at a time and there is a betting round. Standard. Well at the end of all the betting rounds when all the cards are up, there is one thing that decides the winner. We roll a die, and whichever number it lands on becomes a wild card. Therefore, when you are turning up your cards you want to get as many cards between 1-6 as you can, because one of those will be wild.

This makes for very fun games, and a lot of crazy stuff that wouldn't normally happen in the standard no-peek games. Hope some other people try this out and let me know how you liked it, we always have a blast.

Stefanicov

Stefanicov

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ill play ya for a buck joose hehe:D

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my 5 card no peek br isnt high enough for me to play for a dollar.

A

ajcarmody

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In the game of 7 card stud no peek. What is the penalty for peeking? Also, if a player flips their cards to beat the previous opponent and goes beyond the beating point, does that constitute PEEKING? Example; John is showing K 7. Bob is to the left needing to beat John's hand so far. Bob flips a J 5 5 and then 10. Bob had beat John with the pair of 5's but unintentionally flipped the 10. By Bob flipping the 10 cause the penalty of peeking? Or does showing his 10 card to all players simply an advantage to others? I was outnumbered on this one and lost. My reasoning is I was not peeking (taking a glimpse) of the 10 card. I flipped it onto the table not realizing I had beat John. I argued that I did not lift my 10 card to peek and place it back into my hand. Your thoughts please.

Last edited: