Variance in different formats!

seeyouthru

seeyouthru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is it me or split pot games especially PL omaha hi/lo has less variance in comparision to NL holdem!
I have played both a lot at .50/1 and 1/2 for 2 years and i have come to a conclusion if you know how to play omaha hi/lo there is more chance of winning and more true equity!
I would like to discuss more on this.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Seems to be, you have found you're game. Good luck at the tables.

MoeJurphy

MoeJurphy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it me or split pot games especially PL omaha hi/lo has less variance in comparision to NL holdem!
I have played both a lot at .50/1 and 1/2 for 2 years and i have come to a conclusion if you know how to play omaha hi/lo there is more chance of winning and more true equity!

I don't play split pot games like PLO hi/lo, but im assuming as there are 2 ways to win each half of the main pot that the variance will be incredibly less. If you get sucked out on but still have the high win you break even/small profit (blinds antes) by getting half of the pot instead of loosing the full pot like in NLH

I

Intellikill

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have to agree that omaha hi low seems less swingy when it comes to variance, solid hi low cash players rarely have days they get crushed.