Use of the Timebank

F

FaraonulAA

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you use the timebank or you don't use it?

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why not? It's just another usefull option if you need some extra time to think about your decision, and sometimes it really helps.

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Sometimes it helps a little, in other situations, the software itself discards your hand (considering that you still have the timebank) without your consent. It's weird! Has anyone noticed this?

Freewka6101129

Freewka6101129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
time bank invented to use it, never need to rush

navicula

navicula

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sometimes, I use the timebank to make decisions ... or slow down the game in certain situations.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course I do.
In most cases, you don’t have to, but there are hard hands when you have to think more.

Pufik

Pufik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Timebank is good tool in MTT while ITM bubble. You do not want get out 5-1 places before money, so you can use your timebank and blinds will do not eat so much your stack opposite others tables.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Timebank one of the simplest ways to infuriate some people lol

N

neonprpl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's absolutely essential.Sometimes just a few seconds more of thought,wins a hand or gets you out safe. normal time is not enough.

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes it helps a little, in other situations, the software itself discards your hand (considering that you still have the timebank) without your consent. It's weird! Has anyone noticed this?

Usually this only happens if you're not invested in the pot, so small and big blinds it will go into time bank automatically. Also if there are antes then it will auto time bank.

Glaucopone

Glaucopone

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I use it in different ways depending on my game and the opponent.

gl!

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always have a timebank on. it is useful function. Perhaps it will soon be removed so that the game will be even faster, and poker rooms will get rake even more.

Crash Burn

Crash Burn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use it when I need to, but what I see in online poker is that many players use all the timebank right from the first hand and run out at crucial times when they have to make a very important decision.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Well , I have seen official poker rooms ambassadors using it on purpose too many times , almost always , deliberately , although their decisions were already made before the countdown of their normal time starts , lol , why shoudn't I do it ?? LOL

But sometimes I need to take a decision , so I really need time . I have to fix more pre-decided decisions via systematic study , for better results , and the opportunity to be able to play more games at the same time .

Unfortunatelly sometimes I forget the table open , after a break , or when the lobby is open and the game starts suddenly while I am absent , especially when I go to the bathroom, so other players have to wait for 60 sec while I have a s*****:D , lol. Sorry:eek:

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I actually turn the automatic timebank feature off. I only activate it when I need it. I'd rather have my hand get folded if I'm away from the table so that I can have that time if and when I need it for a decision.

P

PrinceJigger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I consider the timebank to be a very important part of my game.

I keep track of my timebank so I know when I can tank during heads-up play, when I can stall when I'm at the bubble of a satellite, and when I can go for a quick washroom break. :)

On top of all of this, I even check the tournament details to see when my timebank will be refreshed if I am running low.

olewerkrd

olewerkrd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I rarely use this feature. I usually make quick decisions.

rustixxx

rustixxx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not use, because I don’t know what it is))

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I seldom use the time bank when making a regular decision - I do not see how players can generally be caught out, confused, by another's action. You should be aware and plan ahead for any eventuality when in a pot.

This noted, as I play MTTs almost exclusively, using the clock to run some seconds off every street of every hand before the bubble is a component which should be built into everyone's game (whether or not you anticipate you are safely in the money or not- its also about stack preservation).

It always strikes me as absurd when low stacks close the ITM insta-fold their hands.

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not use, because I don’t know what it is))

Hahaha nice answer :D

Sometimes i use,when i don't know what to do,it's ok.Giving a bonus time to think about what to do,fold,call,raise.
Yeah timebank is rly good,when you need more time to think.

M

Marcelobp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the only moment that i use is when i'm in the bubble with few chips.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi mate.To be honest,I almost always use it,specially when I am about to be ITM and in some cases when a good decision needs to be taken.

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only use timebank if its on the bubble, usually hand doesnt take so much time for me to use timeback, sometimes I use it but only for a few seconds

Alex_Ogienko

Alex_Ogienko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in big tournaments for me, I often use time bank. Because there are often situations when you need to make difficult decisions.