Underage Online Poker

G

GCV250

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I play poker online, and yes, I'm underage. I know it's wrong and I know anyone on this site cannot support it, but I just need to ask a question. If I wait until I am 18 to withdraw from my account, will the company be able to keep my winnings because I started playing and deposited money into my account before I was 18, and if so, could I change my basic information to another, older relative/friend and have them redeem it? Has anybody experienced something similar? Thanks

A

alexis8888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't worry. Time goes by quickly and by the age of 18 you will have a good poker practice.

G

GCV250

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't worry. Time goes by quickly and by the age of 18 you will have a good poker practice.

Thanks for the reply, and I suppose you're right, if nothing else I'll still get plenty of practice for when I become 18.

Carl Trooper

Carl Trooper

Degenerate Idiot
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well what did you say when you wrote down your age?

I think they will notice when you send in your license and they see its not matching what you put.

jozsef1990

jozsef1990

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi I think you will not keep your winnings as 18 - During the year, we can not be registered pokerstars PLD so the jackpot when he finds out it's definitely confiscated

FanatsLV

FanatsLV

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you can windrawal your winning in the same way you deposit it.
But I am not sure.
Because year ago I use my brother bank account and I deposit and windrawal without any problems.

C

CSINSC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm curious..... didn't you have to put your age down when U signed up to the poker site?

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to realize that folks much older and wiser are now in control of your money, and while they are perfectly honorable, they see you, or will see you, as being less than honorable.

Unless you are a new DaVinci, you will not do something they are not already familiar with.

You may be able to do a P2P transfer, but ???

If you signed up using your parents credentials, remember that you put them in jeopardy!

SerbiaGrinding

SerbiaGrinding

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I play poker online, and yes, I'm underage. I know it's wrong and I know anyone on this site cannot support it, but I just need to ask a question. If I wait until I am 18 to withdraw from my account, will the company be able to keep my winnings because I started playing and deposited money into my account before I was 18, and if so, could I change my basic information to another, older relative/friend and have them redeem it? Has anybody experienced something similar? Thanks

No worries kid, you'll be broke way before you turn 18.

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
My advice is STOP. All you have in the end is your word and your ability to do the right thing when no one is watching or can stop you. No amount of money is worth losing the only thing you have. You will have plenty of time to do things the right way. And yes they have the right to keep your funds. You are perpetrating a fraud and contemplating involving others in your fraud just stop and do the right thing now. We all make mistakes through emotion, impulse or whatever but you said you know what you are doing is wrong so don't do it.

W

WaxDabMan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stealthmunk won the Sunday million underage, he was playing under an account he made in his mother's name. His mother found out about his winnings and scooped them all from them, like a ditry b*tch... I would say, do everything you can to protect yourself... if your account is running, and has money in it, I would recommend transferring to and cashing out the money on a VERY trusted friends account, if you know anyone over 18 that you can absolutely trust... if not, when you turn 18, open a new account and slowly transfer the funds over to a legit account... but posting anything about it that can be linked to your account by name would be foolish at this point, as there are reps from the various sites that read these boards and could pop you....
So keep your head up and be smart kid

G

GCV250

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm curious..... didn't you have to put your age down when U signed up to the poker site?

Yes, and I lied about my age, but there is an option to change it and your name without going through security.

Well what did you say when you wrote down your age?

I think they will notice when you send in your license and they see its not matching what you put.

But there is an option to change your birthday and name without going through security, which might make it possible to switch accounts.

No worries kid, you'll be broke way before you turn 18.

That's what I figured, but hopefully with BR management I'll still have some money.

Last edited by a moderator:
rawbad

rawbad

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
to withdraw from any pokersite u have 2 go through a small background check they may ask to see your driver license or a copy of a utility bill which verify address you put in your registration when u lied about age and try to withdraw they will caught u one way or another so they don't have to pay your winnings also they are covering there ass as in MINORS LYING ON REGISTRATION so basically your screwed if u used your real name and age and street address and if u didn't they will say you lied and wont honor your registration so you are screwed till you are of age plain and simple

G

GCV250

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
to withdraw from any pokersite u have 2 go through a small background check they may ask to see your driver license or a copy of a utility bill which verify address you put in your registration when u lied about age and try to withdraw they will caught u one way or another so they don't have to pay your winnings also they are covering there ass as in MINORS LYING ON REGISTRATION so basically your screwed if u used your real name and age and street address and if u didn't they will say you lied and wont honor your registration so you are screwed till you are of age plain and simple

Even if you can change your name/birthday on the site?

piney

piney

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree on the identification cards your age wont match. Most require a verified account to withdraw money.

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Chances are they probably won't allow you to withdrawal, but if they don't then it's good practice?

U

underdog140

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But there is an option to change your birthday and name without going through security, which might make it possible to switch accounts.

Regardless if you change the date once you turn 18 or not. They are going to see the year you signed up to the site.

But to answer your question. It most likely depends on what site you are playing on and case dependent. I have read stories of players playing underage being allowed to cashout once they hit the required age. But I am willing to bet for every one of those stories there are hundreds that just get their money seized.

I doubt they ban you for life if you get caught. More likely they ban you until you are of age. Not playing until you are of age is your best bet but as a former underage player myself I know you probably aren't going to do that. So Changing name to a relative that is going to go through the hoops required of cashing out and trades via P2P transfers are your options.

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just wait till your 18 and make a valid account.
Dont forget that any breach in site security is not only punishable by getting banned, but it can go legal and put a black mark on your name forever.

C

CupOfSalt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can 100% tell you for sure that when the time comes to cash out that you will have to forfeit all of your winnings. You will first need to try and verify your identity in order to cash out and when that time come (if you use your actual ID information) then the poker site will deny you.

I'm 25 now and I was playing online years ago when I was 16 and 17. My whole family plays poker so at the time I just had my mom create me an account and I played under her identity so to speak. My family didn't have an issue with it because, as I said, my whole family plays poker.

You will either have to have one of your parents or a friend who is of legal age to make an account for you and verify the account with the poker site.

There is no other way.

G

GCV250

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Chances are they probably won't allow you to withdrawal, but if they don't then it's good practice?

That's what I'm taking away from it, if nothing else.

Regardless if you change the date once you turn 18 or not. They are going to see the year you signed up to the site.

But to answer your question. It most likely depends on what site you are playing on and case dependent. I have read stories of players playing underage being allowed to cashout once they hit the required age. But I am willing to bet for every one of those stories there are hundreds that just get their money seized.

I doubt they ban you for life if you get caught. More likely they ban you until you are of age. Not playing until you are of age is your best bet but as a former underage player myself I know you probably aren't going to do that. So Changing name to a relative that is going to go through the hoops required of cashing out and trades via P2P transfers are your options.

Thank you for your advice, glad to hear an opinion from another former underage player.

Last edited by a moderator:
piney

piney

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Or just keep playing and enjoying your roll. Practice more and bank roll managing.

F

fordman427

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would continue to play and enjoy it also as previously stated after you turn 18 open another account that's legit and transfer it in small amounts, trying to transfer it all at once will raise as many red flags as this thread could if a mod from the site seen it. If you forgot many higher ups from lots of poker rooms have accounts on cardschat

Z

Zin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Once a cheat always a cheat. I hope they nail your ass. Can't stand a liar and a cheater.

U

underdog140

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Once a cheat always a cheat. I hope they nail your ass. Can't stand a liar and a cheater.

A little harsh. What is the difference between someone that is of age beating you at the table vs. someone 1 year younger ? And how does it make that person a cheater ? I don't care if the person that beat me at the table is 15 or 150. If I lost to them. They deserve the money.