UltimateBet: Any Good?

N

nubstyle

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i'm considering depositing on UB. Is it worth it or should I just stick it on PS or FT? I'm only sort-of leaning towards UB because i have a 30% rakeback i can use on the site vs. a 14% rakeback i already have on FT. PS is still an awesome site, but i'd like to hear your opinions on this.

Thanks in advance guys :)

Dewmz

Dewmz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer it the most out of all 3 you mentioned..but that's me. Jackpot tables for cash games (starting at .25/.50), good tourney selection..SNG setup leaves something to be desired..freerolls aren't worth it, but unlike FT you can definitely get in one..

Payout by check comes in a timely manner..as well as bank wire.

Ark Traveler

Ark Traveler

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ultimate Bet Features

I play on several myself,.. started with Ultimatebet because of the freerolls offered.. at the time they were running them for the wsop event .. they have some awesome tournaments with guarantee prize pool amount starting at $1.00 + $0.10, Super satelittes, etc.. I am not much on cash games but the Tournamesnts are good.. with a good selection for any budget.. as you play yuo also earn UB points which will allow you to enter special promotional games.. UB also have a companion program called UB Buddy which allows you to find your friends on the site and what game table they are at.. hope this helps your decision..

Dewmz

Dewmz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
UB also have a companion program called UB Buddy which allows you to find your friends on the site and what game table they are at.. hope this helps your decision..

As well as fish, donks and atms ;)

WEC

WEC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its on my "Recommended List", but mainly because it has a nice variety of games and promotions (and the best MTT Structure)

Caveats: Long history of more than poor customer service and connection with Absolute

This site would be clearly in the top 2/3 sites if not for the problems above that have driven people from the site in the last few years....Shame cause its a damn nice site

4Aces

4Aces

is watching you
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems like a pretty good site to me. Ive heard a lot of good things about the sng structure.
But, STAY AWAY FROM THE blackjack THERE!!! :mad:

Last edited:
N

nubstyle

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well, i've been reading about the whole fiasco about the "superuser" accounts on UB (allegedly) and on their parent company, Absolute Poker. Should I avoid using the site at all? Or should I be ok and do they have this behind them?

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Or should I be ok and do they have this behind them?
They're still "investigating", i.e. waiting for all the fuss to die down so they can sweep it under the carpet.. ;)

MDTed

MDTed

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been on UB for a long time, I prefer the software there to any other site. You can set the tables to miniview, then fit 9 of them on the screen at once.

As far as the whole superuser thing is concerned, I wouldn't worry. If it did happen it's all in the past and holes are closed now.

pappasqueaks

pappasqueaks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i use to taunt phil hellmuth while he was playing til the day he finally said something to me, he said what a funny name u have turd thrower lol

N

nubstyle

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i use to taunt phil hellmuth while he was playing til the day he finally said something to me, he said what a funny name u have turd thrower lol

ok... since that has so much relevance to my question i asked in my original post...:confused:

anyway, i'm still not 100% sold on the site yet... still, all opinions are appreciated!

riffpoker

riffpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
love the software
hate the customer service

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As far as the whole superuser thing is concerned, I wouldn't worry. If it did happen it's all in the past and holes are closed now.
I haven't seen any evidence to support that viewpoint. :)

4Aces

4Aces

is watching you
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't worry about superuser accounts if you play for low stakes.

N

nubstyle

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't worry about superuser accounts if you play for low stakes.

I was just planning on doing $10NL and eventually moving up to $25NL.. and some lower stakes SNG's and tourneys.. i'm not so much worried about one of these "superuser" accounts playing against me as i am worried that if they did it once, what is stopping them or someone else doing the same?

allndave

allndave

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you would have ask a year and half ago ,wich is when i first started playing there i would have said GREAT sight my opinion has gone down . they reduced the ub points the payout on the freerolls and the over all play of the players in the small stakes that i play has turned it into bingo game .now takes several days to get response from customer support.and now with superaccount problems well gl

slgalt

slgalt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not crazy about the software there, but I like the micro stakes and Crazy Pineapple. The blind structure for tourneys is long.

I know that rakeback deals eat into any bonus deals out there. Which do you find is better?

N

nubstyle

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not crazy about the software there, but I like the micro stakes and Crazy Pineapple. The blind structure for tourneys is long.

I know that rakeback deals eat into any bonus deals out there. Which do you find is better?

i found that the only deal it ran into i think was just the refer-a-friend promotion that they are running. other than that, i get the 111% bonus on my first deposit as well as the rakeback. the rakeback is a lot better in the long run IMO.

K

KeepBlinkin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
in my opinion ultimatebet is not one of the best poker sites on the net... i prefer ftp or carbonpoker

AlexeiVronsky

AlexeiVronsky

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This used to be my preferred site, I had a lot of success on ub, but now this RAI$E BS rewards program is pissing me off so I'm cashing out of there. Not to mention their lack of any credibility regarding the superuser scandal. I'm sure they know exactly what happened and just don't want to say anything about it because it'll make them look bad. Which is also why they're likely doing this new reward program to encourage higher stakes players to keep playing. A lot of people have been leaving from this site because of their shoddy treatment of the players, and it looks like I'll be one of them. There's also rumoured to be tons of bots on the site, which I don't doubt. If you asked me about UB a few months ago, I'd have said it's a good site, not now though.

N

nubstyle

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This used to be my preferred site, I had a lot of success on Ultimatebet, but now this RAI$E BS rewards program is pissing me off so I'm cashing out of there. Not to mention their lack of any credibility regarding the superuser scandal. I'm sure they know exactly what happened and just don't want to say anything about it because it'll make them look bad. Which is also why they're likely doing this new reward program to encourage higher stakes players to keep playing. A lot of people have been leaving from this site because of their shoddy treatment of the players, and it looks like I'll be one of them. There's also rumoured to be tons of bots on the site, which I don't doubt. If you asked me about UB a few months ago, I'd have said it's a good site, not now though.

would it be better to just stick with my 14% rakeback on FT then or to try out a 30% rakeback on cake, or to just go with pokerstars then?

which site do you plan on using now is basically what i am asking i guess :D

N

nubstyle

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok well i'm still undecided on what to do...

Is it worth the hassle to try UB?

Or should i just stick with the smaller rakeback on FT?

or just put on PS and have no rakeback?

thanks yet again guys!

:)

MrMuckets

MrMuckets

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For a long time i was really down on this site. I had played there once and in the space of an hour i saw no less than seven pots won with quads. As a result i started calling it the granny site cuz it was always producing big hands that grandma would get a kick out of. But more recently i have been rethinking it and it's an OK site as far as I'm concerned but i haven't deposited there yet.:):):)