Which type of player you are aggressive or passive ?

type of player

• aggressive

Votes: 35 70.0%
  • passive

Votes: 15 30.0%

• Total voters
arashsgr

arashsgr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
we all know that there are two types of players in poker, disregard to loose and tight, players are mainly passive and aggressive but if somebody asks you this question what is your answer to that? in which category you put yourself in?

I myself play aggressive however I am not sure about the tightness and looseness of my strategies some times I am tight and some times play loose it depends on the table and other players

mk0523

mk0523

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play a loose aggressive style of poker for the most part but will some times play tight aggressive if my table if full of a lot of aggressive maniac players.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Seems like everybody wants to be aggressive.​
:fight:
:boxing:
:2in1:
:mad:
:viking:
:icon_spid
:ridinghor
:rock:
:thefinger
:bike:
:thrasher::eviltongu

A

anadrijav

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the game situation, both are useful.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think it depends on my mood, but in general, I tend to consider myself a tight-aggressive player. I believe that a tight-aggressive style of play is the most effective.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think that aggressive or passive play depends on the cards in hand and the bankroll.

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What does aggression mean exactly?
Never open limping, but open raise
Never call preflop. Reraise and 3bets ?
First to bet post flop? Check raise more than usual?

florestaftw

florestaftw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in tournaments, in the initial stage passive play, in the intermediate stage aggressive play.
in cash game depending on the table, stack, etc.

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes notice the deeper stacks >100BB have more moves in poker. Can overbet pots. Float and triple barrel. Can semibluff and chase draws
Shorter stacks are limited to certain plays only and priced in sometimes by the flop
Deeper stack have an advantage. That’s why poker rooms allow only certain amount of Buyin to start.
That is why I think LAGs plays are better than TAG ( but of course you need the stack size to do it Would be silly to LAG with short stack). I guess you could play TAG style with a deep stack But I find most TAG are happy to double up and call it a night. Playing tight aggressive with short stack is more predictable and I think players will fold more often to a TAG they know has a good hand. And knowing TAG are not going to play low suited connectors and more likely over pairs. Gives opponents a chance to read TAGs better

EmiTou

EmiTou

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love to play an aggressive game, I lose a lot because I still have to learn too many things, but without a doubt my style will always be aggressive.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Which Type of Player are you-aggressive or passive

Hello.
I am tight aggressive. Works fairly well for me.
Dan'O

P

ProfessorGrind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
TAG for the most part. If I have a big chip lead I become a maniac.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I have my own special style, which I almost never change. I usually play in a frightened-cautious style.
Good luck.

alienat3d

alienat3d

easy-going alien grinder
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm always "changing gears" depending on my villains tendency, phase of the tournament, format, blind structure, starting stack, rebuy/add-ons availability and the whole situation.

But most of the time I'm far from being passive. If you're passive, you're wrong, except you're against maniac and setting a trap, but then again - you're only passive till the turn or river, where the trap claps. :cool:

Remember one thing guys, a good player is always an aggressive player, but not the over-aggressive one (as it can be exploitable too). I never saw a passive & profitable player in my life.

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends of the flow of the game: if players are passive I tend to be agressive usually from late position. But if there are maniacs banging heads I will be passive waiting for a good hand to jam and strike

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will not vote, because I always play according to my mood and the importance of the tournament.There are so many factors that influence my playing style.So I don’t know what my style is, chameleon style:)

Takoyaki

Takoyaki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tight/agressive if I'm playing it well, calm and want to win! If I cannot think and lost my patience I will be loose/passive and probably handle all my chips.

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Asking players to "rate" their style is rather amusing. It would really be great to see all the players who take notes or have a HUD or database which takes auto-notes on the players to see if the notes match the players LOL.

Poker is meant to be fun, and this is a fun question, we all want to be the loose aggressive who smashes every flop and drill every turn Right !! Right ?? :deal:

CJMcC84

CJMcC84

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I’d have to say I don’t really have a “Style”

I treat every single hand individual, and play to the circumstances..

Hand, position, stack size, other players actions..

Plus the game type, if online and in the latter stages of Satellite, it may well be the best play to fold pocket Ace’s after considering the above

heguli82

heguli82

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Overall agressive i think. Should be more adaptive :)

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I would say generally aggressive, but I will mix it up depending on the situation and the table dynamics.

To have a single strategy for all situations means you are never going to maximize value from each game you play.