• Thread starter Ninerfansince91
  • Start date
N

Ninerfansince91

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys, I got a poker table from a guy online a few years ago. His ad said “turn-key poker table” it’s a really nice table and I love it, but financially looking to sell it now. I am just wanting to make sure this is the actual brand of the table and not a poker term I am unaware of. I googled turnkey poker tables with no luck.
Any one know if this is an actual brand?

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I don't know much about poker tables, but I have never heard of "Turnkey" as a name related to any company involved in poker gear. Manufacturers of high end tables will often put a label somewhere (preferably out of sight) on their products. Are you sure he didn't just mean "ready to play"? If he also sold you cards and chips, it would have been a "turnkey poker game" in one purchase. If he wasn't selling you cards and chips, it could have simply been an inappropriate metaphor for what he was selling. I think every poker table should be a "turnkey table" - who would buy one that wasn't?

If no one has ever heard of the company, then I doubt that there is any increased sale value there.

Shady Slim

Shady Slim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe what Mtl Mile End said is the correct answer. Turnkey is an adjective used to describe the table, not a brand name.

Per Wikipedia:

Turnkey refers to something that is ready for immediate use, generally used in the sale or supply of goods or services.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it's not a secret, how much is the "right poker table"?

Shady Slim

Shady Slim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it's not a secret, how much is the "right poker table"?

That would depend on how the table is to be used and how many times it will be used. They can be anything from portable to a permanent fixture. There are even just the table itself which can be set on top of your dining room table or sawhorses even.

Then quality comes into the equation. If the table is only going to be used three or four times of year, then go for cheapest, nicest looking table you can find.