Trash talking

TheBandit

TheBandit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online do you come across a lot of trash talking? Do you trash talk? I have been known to call someone out when they just throttle someone or me especially. Sometimes it helps sometimes it makes things worse. Let me know what you think... The_Bandit

ssangyongpoker

ssangyongpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
CC events when I know players I leave the chat on, any other time, I turn it off, talking in online poker games is a distraction & a waste of time.

I completely agree with that statement

Talking in online poker is a distraction and waste of time

Anyone will say anything behind a screen but not in real life

guineasqueak

guineasqueak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've noticed foreign players on tilt use familiar-sounding curse words in the chat box. Usually, I play with chat and dealer announcements enabled for info. Sometimes I play with chat disabled so I can focus on the table without any distractions.

R

rdpoker5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There used to be a lot more trashtalking in online poker. That is just my experience. Nowdays some sites do not even have chats, just emojis. In the past I would complain about badbeats or some crazy calls, but not in a disrespectful way. At the end you want to keep the bad players around as long as possible, because that is where the money comes from.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many people want to distract you from the game with their conversations in online poker, so that you make a mistake.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
CC events when I know players I leave the chat on, any other time, I turn it off, talking in online poker games is a distraction & a waste of time.

Fully agree with this statement. I don't need idle chat at the table online.
Talking at the poker table is only possible in live mode due to the long period between distributions, but for me this is rare.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In freerolls CС I have open chat because I know the players, the rest is closed because I don't know the players and I do not ochem to communicate with them. Yes and not why

CTAPYXA

CTAPYXA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the virtual world, a huge number of "heroes" who understand their inaccessibility, insult you or try to sarcasm. In the real world, such a brat would never want to meet you. Turn off chat and enjoy the game. You didn't sit down at the poker table to socialize, you want to win. Focusing on the game is the first necessary rule.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I rarely talk to other players during the game. Usually, conversations distract me and it is hard for me to concentrate.

belizebum

belizebum

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
If someone is going all in every hand, I sometimes write "bingo". And if someone is really trash talking, I have written something. But most of the time I dont really pay attention to the chat. As most have said, it can be really distracting.

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In general no. Now if they players are really bad, and they are getting upset over getting out played. I will stir the pot a little to get them to spew off to me.

B

BigSlick20

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Back in the day it was a lot more trash talk.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have already been exposed to racist abuse by other players on $ 50 frerrolls because I took their chips from them, but luckily I never met such people on real buy parts -in.

CTAPYXA

CTAPYXA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello.
I rarely talk to other players during the game. Usually, conversations distract me and it is hard for me to concentrate.
It seems to me your modesty and the transparent existence will lead to the enjoyment of life your failed podrugi. She is waiting for you.

R

rigor mortis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They only detract from your conversation

S

spottedflyer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing like busting out a trash talker that deserves it :) i dont like. But I like to greet and say hello, a nice conversation loosens up the atmosphere so it's better to play

W

who115

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't usually trash talk. But once in a while will give someone a piece of my mind. LOL

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not trash talk nor do I take personal, it is a tool of the game. But you should listen if someone trashes the way you just played that hand as it may actually help your game.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For trash talking when playing online - the solution is simple - block someone chat. It's worse in a live game - when someone is sitting next to us and you sang nonsense.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I hardly have chat on.

You will most see people who are trash talking are the bad players that have no clue how to play poker properly.

I have seen a few scenarios, the one I remember the most and funniest was when the BB called with any two against a shove. BB was getting around 4 to 1 on a call and he was right to call but he got abuse by the trash talker (bad player) :D

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Grrr... Player named Dinoguy540 @pokerstars totally threw me last night with trash talk... I couldn't believe the rubbish that came out of that Canadian player, don't get me wrong most Canadian players are so polite and with good manors but this one seemed child like almost adolescent with serious attitude... It tilted me and I had to log off due to the sheer rage I felt and that normally never ever happens... Haha [emoji23] if I was living next door to him some one would go missing and it would never happen again [emoji16] but the world is not perfect and I'm sure trash talk will be just as dangerous to your mind set tomorrow as it is today

U

underdog140

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some find it annoying but It doesn't bother me that some trash talk. Someone online can't bother me enough for it to make a difference in my play but I do find it entertaining.

kolyasik77777

kolyasik77777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is quite normal to treat this. Sometimes he likes to Troll opponents.:D

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't mind the chatter, doesn't bother me. People talking thrash for the most part are taking themselves out of the game. Always nice to see the commentary along with the fireworks.