Took Poker break for 3 months, Tips for making comeback?

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Had some wicked bad beats few months ago.to Took a break. Studied for 3 months. Reviewed hand histories, feel refreshed now, Played tonight booked a nice little win. What advice would you give a poker player coming back into the game? How do I keep this momentum? Thanks boys

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
3 months short break. No new trends were noticed in the online game. After a long break, I played many hands that were not in the optimal range. If you notice this in your game, try to control it. Welcome back.;)

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3 months short break. No new trends were noticed in the online game. After a long break, I played many hands that were not in the optimal range. If you notice this in your game, try to control it. Welcome back.;)

Thanks man, bluff me when I have the nuts :)

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Had some wicked bad beats few months ago.to Took a break. Studied for 3 months. Reviewed hand histories, feel refreshed now, Played tonight booked a nice little win. What advice would you give a poker player coming back into the game? How do I keep this momentum? Thanks boys
just keep playing and make more good decisions and try to make fewer mistakes in the game and do a lot in the game of your training materials so that you have more practice and victories, I wish you good luck with your return to the game!

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sounds like you are ready to go. Jump back into and see how you do. Going over the HH, did you find any leaks in you're game?

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I recommend you play freerolls, or play tournaments with a minimum buy-in. This way, you minimize potential losses.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do not panic! so it was said in one good book.
Do not tilt, say poker players.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you lose unfairly, it is very difficult to be restrained. So I wish you patience and perseverance.

V

vwpokernut

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Plenty of sleep, good nutrition and a positive attitude!

Remind yourself what tilt is as you feel it creeping up

Analyze situations even when you aren't in the pot and the board textures and what you would do if you were in the pot in a villain's shoes

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Do not venture into high stakes games! It easily starts with low-stakes buy-in, analyzes the starting cards and does not make the mistakes of the past. By this time we've passed the majority and we're going to go, so be optimistic!

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi guys,

My break was a little longer - about two to three years. Now that I am back, I am playing freerolls hoping to build a bankroll and participating in play money tournaments. I watch videos on poker and will most likely join the Poker School on pokerstars.

I am happy that I have finished in the money more often than not in the play money tourneys. I just need to do the same in the freerolls.

My goal is to have fun, make friends and avoid loosing my hard earned money :).

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I would recommend that you be patient and play with only strong cards. Little victories will gradually allow you to regain confidence in your abilities.

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds like you are ready to go. Jump back into and see how you do. Going over the HH, did you find any leaks in you're game?

Didn’t use program but did noticed that on the turn was when I ran into trouble spots where I should be raising instead of calling and letting him catch up or worse not knowing what to do on river

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would recommend that you be patient and play with only strong cards. Little victories will gradually allow you to regain confidence in your abilities.

Will do thanks

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For three months of course little that will change? Yes, most likely it is necessary to play low buy ins to look at, and then to come into its channel as before, but if you're saying you read the literature, so the rake will be higher, fewer mistakes! Good luck!

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Patience and perseverance are two factors that you need for a successful return. You need to define your goal and step by step, day after day, do everything you need to achieve the goal.
Good luck.

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you lose unfairly, it is very difficult to be restrained. So I wish you patience and perseverance.

Thankyou was able to get this guy all in last week with two pair to my straight. He turned a full boat haha. Didn’t sting like it did in the past.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some help I hope.

Hi guys,

My break was a little longer - about two to three years. Now that I am back, I am playing freerolls hoping to build a bankroll and participating in play money tournaments. I watch videos on poker and will most likely join the Poker School on Pokerstars.

I am happy that I have finished in the money more often than not in the play money tourneys. I just need to do the same in the freerolls.

My goal is to have fun, make friends and avoid loosing my hard earned money :).

Thank you for sharing.

I have followed the path you have laid out and I wish to make a suggestion that I feel will be of great benefit to you. I did Pokerstars poker school, I watched all kinds of videos. I read every free article I could find, I spent years leaning to be ok at poker.

There are faster better ways to be good at poker.

At your current level I would suggest you look into studying with Jonathan Little a poker coach. Good news he has a ton of free materials that he shares to entice you to pay for his pay site. So you can get good at poker for free by focusing on the techniques he demonstrates for free. Check out his twitter, go to his youtube channel, get on his email list you will not believe how much you can learn from him.

I am not an affiliate of his just a fan.

Here is something he shared for free because I am on his email list.

http://jonathanlittlepoker.com/reviewingstudentswsop/

Reach out to me if ever want to talk poker and poker learning.

My twitter is in my profile, check that out if you like it is full of poker strategy.

Hoping the best for you.

:)

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I think it is best to play tournaments with a minimum buy-in. Only when you feel that again in the form, you can raise rates.

disciple

disciple

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep on studying and going through your hand histories, make this a routine for yourself and build on it.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just continue to play and you should see the results from the learning that you did during the break and the fact that you are now refreshed. Also continue to review hands and learn new skills between the games you play.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that the best way here is just to play some freerolls and feel the game again.
When you will have the feeling, that your game is ok now, just go again for the your victories.

R

r21sp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that after a break in the game, it will be useful for you to start with a small number of tournaments and gradually increase them, but not immediately play 30-40 tournaments per evening!

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks again everyone will be playing 20 hours this weekend

Poker Tips