Took a break from poker.

jesuisjesus

jesuisjesus

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I haven't played poker for almost a week. Today with a rested mind, I'll start with a freeroll at pokerstars.

Do you takes break?
Does this help you?

A fox 666

A fox 666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A break from poker is a must! At least one day a week, at least.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Too much warzone for me the last month. Instead of poker. But in general a break is always needed.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I haven't played poker for almost a week. Today with a rested mind, I'll start with a freeroll at pokerstars.

Do you takes break?
Does this help you?
Yes breaks are important I always log out for awhile taking days off can help too get regular breaks see if family are ok,
Eat properly listen to music read few threads here and think about whether need to move up or down limits or call it a day maybe do analysis of play and goals too.
Playing tired or not focused is not healthy for a player.
Good luck in the freeroll today looking forward to playing it myself too.:)

superkakila

superkakila

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when i get mad taking breaks its the best option

Cam54

Cam54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think breaks are essential ... usually though I like to play a lot ... with the virus running round now I'm really feening for the live tables ... for me usually, life steps in and forces me or encourages me greatly to take a break ... when this happens I try to spend that time not necessarily away from poker .. just the tables and I will take this time away to study harder ..invariably I come back playing in better form, and ready to go again ... a break for me lasts no longer than it has to, but always seems to have a benefit ......

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
The break from the game of poker you have to take each one as you feel it is not a standard time to not play, you have to stay away as long as you think.

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not so much I play poker to get tired. I usually play in the evenings in my free time and not every day.

A

Angel051047

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because I don't have much time, there are automatically breaks.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even if you play professionally you should have at least one or two days in week without poker. Even at weeks when i play most (lately due to the quarantine) i always have at least 2 days (usually friday and saturday) without poker.

B

BIGAUS

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Breaks are essential for all things in life, especially online poker. Some things we'd like breaks from are less doable and still need to be tended to despite being stressful. But for activities for leisure like online poker, when you feel like you've had enough for a certain stretch of time and can let your mind and eyes have a break, that's usually a good sign for when to have one.

F

futureballoon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely, I feel like after a few days of rest, you can approach the game with ease and patience. That to me has been the key. Playing too long of stretches makes me impatient and that's when I tend to lose big. If I enjoy playing, I'll typically come out with more money as I'm not in a rush to end the MTT as fast as possible.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips

Do you takes break?
Does this help you?
What did you do during the break? Any interesting hobbies?

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello,Yes I try to take breaks from time to time in poker this motivates me well and improves the poker game

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

Do you takes break?
Does this help you?

Hi.
Sometimes a break is very helpful. I rarely take breaks, but sometimes this is the best way to prevent losses.
Good luck.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker should be fun...if not, take a break...

T

Tyler Finnimore

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always take breaks when im not feeling good about how ive played the past few days

A

AssasinsNick

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is always good to take a break and clear your mind for a while. When you play poker, you can get stressed and it is a negative factor for your game.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Do you takes break?
Does this help you?

11+ years in poker, biggest break I had was about 9-10 months, several times had 4-6months breaks. not taking poker seriously anymore, this game is a waste of human potential... Poker is masturbation of same 52 cards again and again with childish excuses, like if it's "important mathematical BS" LOL. Online poker is when you're trying to rob someone from another country while poker site is robbing both of you. Wake up and start doing something useful.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Do you takes break?
Does this help you?

Often the best "action" is non-action. This is certainly the case when you are tilting and losing money. We've all had the feeling after losing a few buy-ins/mtts/sngs/whatever you are playing, that if we could just play one more bigger game and win that money back, we'd be all set. This is the foundation of pure BR destruction!!!

Instead of trying to win back losses quickly, the break is the most effective tool. Step away! I guarantee when you return to the game, the few buy-ins you were down wont feel so bad.

If I feel the vice of playing too much setting in, I'll take a break from playing and do something else instead. Like reading or playing piano.

swimbles

swimbles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've found that playing poker nonstop every single day is extremely exhausting, so I generally take a break from the grind—a day off every Wednesday. :)

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Do you takes break?
Does this help you?
You are a great fellow - I would really like to follow your example! But unfortunately I can't for financial reasons ( maybe only after a major skid)

G

grupus21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Past, I made about 1 to 2 months and a lot already I paid