Too much poker????

B

B E Z ON ME

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When is enoughs enoughs...when is it break time when do you walk away.and yes when do u run...inotice that I play my best when I first start playing for the day and as I progress through the day I get looser and at theendof a10 hour session I'm seeing almost every hand without realizing..thinking I'll just out play him after the flop knowing that there seen a lot my tricks for the last few hours and are catching on to me

Einer777

Einer777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you have to make a clear schedule depends a lot on the modality you play

carlo00mo

carlo00mo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's never enough, I say it from the bottom of my gambling heart. I only stop when the dream catches me.

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi all.

I particularly think that even if we like poker, it's good to take a break even once a week. Beyond the pleasure that a person generates playing this sport, it also causes mental exhaustion, stress, etc.
Younger people may not see it this way, but in my case I need to play fewer hours or rest a whole day.

Kind regards from Buenos Aires.

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For myself, I do not play poker all day. I need to go outside and get fresh air. Go take my pups for a walk etc. I mix my poker with tasks inside and outside of my house. This works best for me. I then occasionally reserve a Saturday or a Sunday (as those days seem to lots of game choices on 888 and poker stars) for playing all day, but I have to be in the mood and I need to have tasks around my house complete. I play up to 6 tourneys each day, spread throughout the day. Having more balance is key for me.

C

CliffieDeuce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There needs to be a balance of poker and everything else. You shouldn't be indoors 24/7. Need to get out.

Then it also depends.. If poker is a living then you need to play a lot, but still make time for outdoors and family and friends.

I'm lucky, I just play for fun. So, I mostly play freerolls and Micro tournaments during times that I have nothing planned.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely the time for a break from poker is when there is zero in your poker and bank account. Then it's definitely time to learn BM, poker strategy, and a good poker mind book. At least I had it - I said after the first year of the game - tired of losing, it's time to learn poker. Since then, I am a winning player :D

007Leon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think, must part of things you do in your day, but not become in your life

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I usually play 3-5 hours a day, 3-4 days a week. Sometimes more, sometimes less, it depends on my free time. I believe that the game should bring pleasure to the player, so I play as much as I want.

J

jkersten

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
SAme . Cant't stop till i am broke and it goes very fast then

Delenia

Delenia

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It can be very refreshing to take breaks from poker. Everyone is different as to how much breaks they need. Just try different quantity of breaks until you find what feels good for you.

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never take more than a day off. I'm very competitive, I've drag-raced for over 50 years. I'm 74 and the only income is from Social Security so I try and grind out a few bucks playing freerolls and micro tournaments. Every penny helps....

C

capo1014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Over kill

If you are playing 10 plus hours a day and start to drift off into the twilight zone, it is a good idea to take a break and get outside for some fresh air. I am talking the entire day or weekend, what a difference the outdoors makes on you physically and mentally. If you need a break take it, you deserve it. Capo1014

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am stopped only when bad beats start chasing me, I lose the desire to continue the game. But the next day I still go into battle !!!!

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont and I cant play poker all day long, better strategy is to make balance between daily activities

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you must always be able to stop in time or you will lose your concentration and your game will deteriorate after a certain time there will be tilt aggression everything should be in moderation poker games and recreation you will not earn all the money we are not robots

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In this case, you need to plan your game ahead of time. Force yourself to stick to the plan.

F

Freepokerfree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all!

At present I am playing every day, there are days that I play more hours than others, but I know that it will do me very good to rest more often. With the breaks I'm sure to improve my game

Greetings

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A break is always good but poker should be fun then should matter as an extra income, at least that's how I see things.

MauroMMMM

MauroMMMM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi. I think sometimes it's good to take a break. Some days, get away for a while. And come back with renewed energy.:cool::cool:

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I work as a driver 5 or 6 days a week. It's hard daily work, so I only have free time in the evenings. For me, poker is a hobby that allows me to rest and relax after a hard day, so I mostly play poker no more than 4 hours a day.
Good luck.

G

Gigio22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As long as you're enjoying yourself and it's not interfering with other things then I guess one can play for as long as they like.